• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dont miss this video

A

Atlantian

Again you have confirmed that people in this country can be herded like sheep. (Fox news activist) And it's not up to you who should vote. You don't like my choice? Ask me if I care. I vote for the one that will do something for this country. And you have not been reading up on history, have you? Dems.....great economy! reps....bad economy! (Except the Great Ronnie Reagan)

U

UltimaSword

we gotta stop expecting the government to do everything for us.

S

Scratch

we gotta stop expecting the government to do everything for us.
if you think obama is going to do anything short of screwing over america you are sadly mistaken...

obama was deeply involved in our current economical state. obama is guilty on many levels of corruption.

this has nothing to do with fox news

maybe you should read your history

like your vote counts anyway
the president has already been chosen

the voting process is simply a way for the govt to find out how well youre going to take their decision when they announce the new president. it is you im afraid that have been herded

A

Atlantian

How is Obama going to "screw over" America? It is well known among the working class people that Dems provide jobs. Repubs only take care of the rich. Pay more attention to the streets and and not the news and maybe you will learn something. You want to vote for Mc Palin , then go ahead. He's to old and she's an idiot. She's been going to only "Pro America" areas. So I see what she's about.

D

Dutchhans

How is Obama going to "screw over" America? It is well known among the working class people that Dems provide jobs. Repubs only take care of the rich. Pay more attention to the streets and and not the news and maybe you will learn something. You want to vote for Mc Palin , then go ahead. He's to old and she's an idiot. She's been going to only "Pro America" areas. So I see what she's about.
Because the Republicans say so ;)

It is amazing how low the Republican party is going in its fear mongering, it wouldn't surprise me nothing if a couple of days before the elections we'll see a supposed terror cell being found and a massive orchestrated arrest of a bunch of Muslim looking people.

U

UltimaSword

if you think obama is going to do anything short of screwing over america you are sadly mistaken...

obama was deeply involved in our current economical state. obama is guilty on many levels of corruption.

this has nothing to do with fox news

maybe you should read your history

like your vote counts anyway
the president has already been chosen

the voting process is simply a way for the govt to find out how well youre going to take their decision when they announce the new president. it is you im afraid that have been herded
blah blah blah is all i saw. Obama is just the guy i think will do less damage. Also he doesnt support a draft. THE GOVERNMENT in general is to blame for the crisis and now everyone is begging the ones who created the problem to fix it. We The People gotta do something. We The People made this country great not the government.

S

Scratch

not really concerned about the draft
im not draftable
and you the "we the people" have been duped
you were educated by the govt and taught what the govt wanted you to know
thats why you pay taxes, cuz you were taught to believe you had to
imagine all the other things you were taught to believe

you constitutional rights were stripped from you at birth when you got numbered with a social security number, but you dont realize that because again, you were taught that it is the way its supposed to be.

just keep following the leader as its the only way you know, again something you were taught.

learn individuality, and dont be scared of the draft.....jr.

U

UltimaSword

lol u people are funny. please fill your dull life with something other than conspiracy theories. I am saying we should not rely on the government. Please go away also i have realized all those things and until it gets to insane for me i live with it because they are not telling me to change the way i live my life yet......jr

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
lol u people are funny. please fill your dull life with something other than conspiracy theories. I am saying we should not rely on the government. Please go away also i have realized all those things and until it gets to insane for me i live with it because they are not telling me to change the way i live my life yet......jr
I have to agree with you on a lot of this, the people shouldn't depend on the Government, the Government is supposed to depend on the people it draws it's power from. I don't like McCain, he wasn't the right person for the job 4 years ago or 8 years ago, what makes him right now? His campaign tactics are despicable at best, and his judgment on a Running Mate shows poor taste. Palin is nothing but an attempt to try and claim to the vote of the middle and lower class female population, she has no National Level Political Experience (though I'm not a fan of career politicians). McCain and Palin's Messages don't ring true though for that matter I don't think Obama is best for the job, just simply the best that was available with the interest in running for office.

Few things I wish would change though are.
  • Limits on Terms of Service for Senate members
  • Outlawing of monetary contributions from Lobbyist activities to political figures campaigns
  • Banning of Political Figures from Accepting "Gifts" from Lobbyist Activities.

These things would insure new blood, and thought process are continually being introduced into the world of politics, and that politicians aren't being paid off for their vote on issues.

As far as the Economy, I'd enact the following.
Replacement of Federal Income Tax with a 22% Federal Sales Tax on all new goods and services exempting Food and Clothing. Corporations get Taxed on Profit after expenditure, Individuals on Earnings Before Expenditure. Changing this would even the board. Keep the SSI and Medicare tax, but remove the Federal Income Taxation. Corporations would have to cough up a larger portion of National Budgets funding, while the individual also only pays into the National Treasury based on what New Services and Goods he buys. Buy things second hand...Save a lot more. Instead of a New Car get a good used one...Save Money. Government Gets more $$$ the Tax Burden gets evenly split based on Expenditure, and the Little guys wind up with more in their pockets. On the other hand if your wealthy and lead an eccentric lifestyle your portion would be higher, yet it's not in a manner that is overburdening to the majority of the population. If you made and extra $100-500 a week from the removal of the tax you wouldn't feel the bite and would come out a head on a 22% increase in the cost of goods.

Some of my big differences from others is that I'm also in favor of 2 years of mandatory conscription, for all those without medical disqualifications. The Military is a wonderful place to shore up the shoddy upbringing too many of America's youths are getting. Parents are being forced to protect them from the world, be it attitudes that are being either forced on the parents or they are adopting themselves it is harming the children more than anything. They are entering the corporate and adult world with a reduced sense of self reliance, and an inability to deal with stressful conflict. This has been a major story with articles on the subject by several news groups. Look at it this way they get 2 years of Military Life, 2 years of being Housed, and Fed while earning a paycheck. It's a good stepping stone to adult life's reality along with the educational benefits of the Military's Educational Programs like the G.I. Bill.

One of the biggest issues we face as a country is this, There are no True Patriots left. Take a step back and look really look at the difference in what we call Patriots today and what they were as little as 140 years go. The Fathers of our Country faced executions, for their beliefs and fought for them, their children fought the War of 1812 to prove this country their fathers had founded had a right to even exist, 50 years later their children fought in the US Civil War, to hold this country together. There has not been a Major Conflict fought on American Soil since, not once since has the American way of life been threatened to the extent it was then. Those people were Patriots, the folks today while they may have faith in their government they are still simply following orders. Don't get me wrong I support the troops we have in Iraq, I really do, but I don't support the reasons they are there, or our governments continual meddling in every bass ackwards 3rd world countries internal affairs.

U

UltimaSword

I like the way you think Nexus. especially on the part of military service. Because it is true that our society right now is in a state of OMG protect the children! All it does is make them else independent and simply easier to abuse as children and later in life.