• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Don't buy accounts from forums UNLESS!!

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read the rules of the forums while in a complete rage over being scammed when buying an account that was listed here on the trade forums. I figured that buying from here would atleast give some sort of guarantee or protection. The rules clearly give protection... to the scammer. You see... we are NOT allowed to post their name as being a scammer because it may tarnish the reputation of someone that has the same character name. So... these scum... low life... criminals... thieves... will continue to pray on us all honest and trustworthy gamers without consequence.

So... to those that are thinking of buying an account from the forums I offer you this suggestion.

UO offers a premium account transfer service. Link provided... http://www.uoherald.com/acct_mgmt.php It may cost $30.00 in cold hard earned cash but it will do several things for you.

1) You will be certain not to get scammed by some low life.
2) It will erase any marks against the account (afterall... you have no idea what they have done with the account.)
3) The seller pays no added fee for this service... only the buyer does. So if they are unwilling to use this service, then it is a good chance you are dealing with scum.

I myself should have taken my own advise. Had I read the forum rules before buying the account for 115 Million gold I would have never made the trade. So.. to those that have asked... did you turn him in? There is no consequence to them and no protection to you in doing your business here on the forums. I had thought this area would have been safe.

LESSON LEARNED!!

And I hope this helps you all have a fair and fruitful trade!!

P.S. - Although I cannot post the name of the low life scammer... I can praise the first trade conducted with Corpse who was a very stand up gamer and an honest individual. It was a pleasure doing business with you sir!!

D

Der Rock

I have read the rules of the forums while in a complete rage over being scammed when buying an account that was listed here on the trade forums. I figured that buying from here would atleast give some sort of guarantee or protection. The rules clearly give protection... to the scammer. You see... we are NOT allowed to post their name as being a scammer because it may tarnish the reputation of someone that has the same character name. So... these scum... low life... criminals... thieves... will continue to pray on us all honest and trustworthy gamers without consequence.

So... to those that are thinking of buying an account from the forums I offer you this suggestion.

UO offers a premium account transfer service. Link provided... http://www.uoherald.com/acct_mgmt.php It may cost $30.00 in cold hard earned cash but it will do several things for you.

1) You will be certain not to get scammed by some low life.
2) It will erase any marks against the account (afterall... you have no idea what they have done with the account.)
3) The seller pays no added fee for this service... only the buyer does. So if they are unwilling to use this service, then it is a good chance you are dealing with scum.

I myself should have taken my own advise. Had I read the forum rules before buying the account for 115 Million gold I would have never made the trade. So.. to those that have asked... did you turn him in? There is no consequence to them and no protection to you in doing your business here on the forums. I had thought this area would have been safe.

LESSON LEARNED!!

And I hope this helps you all have a fair and fruitful trade!!

P.S. - Although I cannot post the name of the low life scammer... I can praise the first trade conducted with Corpse who was a very stand up gamer and an honest individual. It was a pleasure doing business with you sir!!
i realy can´t understand WHY EA make it so difficult :(
we have gold buyers and gold sellers since UO exist (12 years)
and EA is NOT in the condition to make it a safe place for both.
those scum(and we will see more scum apear during the "welcome back" phase)
destroy the link between the buyers and sellers. :(

there are A LOT of players wich would love to buy codes for gold,players which would normaly never upgrade more then 1 acc for RC(like me)
(i know 2 100% trustworthy player)

Why are Upgrade codes not in Token form? simply trade tokens for gold,push token and get a deed/book with the code.that would be a 100% secure trade for both sides and
EA listen: AND EA would get many many more open account(ring ring:more monthly income)

damn scammer scum, the trash people of uo, we only canhope they die on cancer ;)

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that sucks man i was thinking of buying that acct im pretty sure i know who ur talking about (seeing as the guy only has 5 posts) i dont trust anyone selling accts with such few posts

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya i was going to buy the account but use a broker, He wasnt into using a broker, said he cant trust a broker. I told the dip**** I cant trust him, what a tool.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a look at this and was going to put an offer in. I've had this happen to me in the past, not a nice thing to experiance. Was 90mils for me. Chances are its the same lowlife who scammed me back then. I see him online still and selling (my/yours?) gold for 75cents.

Kinda makes you want to hack into thier accounts and see how they like loosing out.

P

Poofbgone

Id like to add dont buy anything that doesnt come in token form from anyone... I was not burned on an account but one useless scumbag did take me for 100 mil yesterday for two upgrade codes....not only that but once he'd gotten my icq letting him know his codes were garbage he icq'd me back and said he was going to make it right during our icq conversation ealier this afternoon under the guise of and I quote, "im so sorry that never shoud have happened hold on let me call ea" then after only 3mins wait time (which obviously wasnt long enough or him to even attempt to call ea since avg waittime is 15 mins to a half hour his response to me was and again i quote ....he said refering to ea games
"This is what they said: Sorry, but you're gold has been scammed. Thank you for the 100m, noob." If anyone would like his name email or icq so this dirtbag cant take you as well feel welcome to icq me 363979539

Rand Althor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Id like to add dont buy anything that doesnt come in token form from anyone... I was not burned on an account but one useless scumbag did take me for 100 mil yesterday for two upgrade codes....not only that but once he'd gotten my icq letting him know his codes were garbage he icq'd me back and said he was going to make it right during our icq conversation ealier this afternoon under the guise of and I quote, "im so sorry that never shoud have happened hold on let me call ea" then after only 3mins wait time (which obviously wasnt long enough or him to even attempt to call ea since avg waittime is 15 mins to a half hour his response to me was and again i quote ....he said refering to ea games
"This is what they said: Sorry, but you're gold has been scammed. Thank you for the 100m, noob." If anyone would like his name email or icq so this dirtbag cant take you as well feel welcome to icq me 363979539
There's a lot of honest sellers out there too, that sell things not in token form... I.E. Upgrade codes.... You just have to buy smartly.. how long has the user been as TS member, how many posts, can people vouch for them?. and if people can vouch for them, then what is the stats of those who vouch for them, posts, date joined, etc..

Every upgrade code I've sold, I've actually given the code first before receiving the gold.. I apply the above to the buyer, and they all have good references on the board.. Not scammed yet.. and one more point, when buying multiple codes, pay for one at a time... if the person wants all the gold first, chances are it's not legit. At least you can minimise your losses.

Most importantly, when your eagr to get something.. people tend to be less cautious....

S

StaticOnAtlantic

thats why you use a broker! Me! or EA Thats fine aswell.

M

Mession

Using a broker doesnt guarantee anything when trading an account. Best thing to do is to use the EA Account Transfer service. Even, how the broker know who is lying in case the buyer or seller have any claim?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the EA transfer system is crap, you have to send a fax to the USA EA... from here are about 3€ per minutes... then call EA and wait for answers (always 3€ per minute) and then pay 30$...
and if your seller is a scammer you have wasted your time and lot of money for call and faxes...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EA Account Transfer only wipes the previous information and counts from the account so that any previous owners will be unable to use that information to reclaim the account. It is a good insurance policy to use since you never know how many infractions the account has that your buying and there have been issues in the past with former owners calling EA and giving them the original credit card info and was able to regain control over the account.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, here is an example:

we have to trade an account:
- I tell you: hey I have sent the fax, here is the copy!
- you receive a copy and send your fax (3€ * 2 minutes = 6€ spent)
- now you call EA for know if the fax is arrived... you have to call at midnight if you want to speak with someone (min wait time 10 minutes * 3€ = 30€ spent)
- you spoke with the operator and he tells you that they has not received any fax.

What do you do in this case? you have spent 36€ for nothing...

and all this ONLY if you have a fax machine....

K

katherinepgoh

What's the procedure for an EA account transfer? Does the buyer or seller have to do it? information please!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
from the Knowledge Base

(there is an attachment at the bottom of that answer, the following is taken from there)

What are the Steps I need to take to get an account officially transferred by Electronic Arts?
1. Before acquiring access to an account, the new intended user should inform the current user that they wish to use Electronic Art’s Official Account Access Transfer Program. The intended user must send the current user the Account transfer form (see the bottom of this document to get forms) . Ask them to print and fill out the document and mail/fax it to them.
2. The current user will then print the Current Player Account Access Transfer form, fill it out (In Full) and send it to Electronic Arts. The document may be faxed or mailed Electronic Arts. Once faxed or mailed, it is the responsibility of the current user to inform the new user that the form has been sent.
3. The new user will then print the New Player Account Access Transfer form, fill it out (In Full) and send it to Electronic Arts. In doing so, the new user agrees to the Terms of Service and the Rules of Conduct of any game being transferred that is related to that account. (Whenever you play a Electronic Arts game, you must agree to the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct for the game.) The documents must be mailed or faxed to Electronic Arts.

Electronic Arts
Attn: Account Support
209 Redwood Shores
Redwood City. CA 94065
Fax# (650) 628-1360

4. Once the Current Player Account Access Transfer document is received by Electronic Arts, the account will be placed in a suspended state until the New Player Account Access Transfer document is received and the new user contacts Electronic Arts. EA.Com will also contact the new Player to verify the transfer information and assist the new Player in changing the billing and account information into their name. At this time the new Player will be charged a $30 fee for the official transfer on the credit card that will be placed on the account. (If there are any issues of any kind raised by either party the Official transfer will not take place until the parties resolve the issues. EA.Com will not intervene in any manner in such disputes)
5. Both parties will be sent an E-mail stating that the official Account Access Transfer is now complete and documented in Electronic Arts’ database and the account now officially may be accessed by the new Player.
The official Account Access Transfer forms can be located at the bottom of this document.
Will I have to pay to have the official transfer handled by Electronic Arts?
Yes, there will be a fee of $30.00. The new Player will be charged this fee at the time you (the new Player) is contacted by Electronic Arts to verify the transfer. The official transfer forms are available at the bottom of this page. This charge will be applied to the credit card that is placed on the account.

This is only a part of the information on that page :)