• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dolphins

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've never been able to tame one, but I can't speak for all of UO's history. They're not tamable now, for sure.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to take time to dredge up as many memories as I could on this and let them settle down as to being just conversations on CoB or something that was possible but was taken away.

My belief is they are memories of just a conversation on CoB.

That people wanted to be able to tame them, then started the aspects of people Taming Flipper and feeding them to the Sea Serpents, the Water Elemental's, no place to stable them etc. :pint:

The only but to the above is I have a memory of starting to tame a Dolphin but never ever being able to succeed as the difficulty in trying to maintain a taming relationship to it was .... well perhaps impossible. I give this memory nearly a ZERO in credibility, it would be after all nearly 12 years old.