• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doing Drugs, Cigarettes, Drinking while playing UO

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
A news report on me stripping and dancing naked on tables??

Not sure alot of people would be interested in that....Ohh....when's the next TownHall in Chicago....*grins*

*looks around for the nearest table*

G

I gave up smoking and marriage in the same day haven't done either since. That was back in 93 and I don't plan to pick up either of those bad habbits again.... Never ever been one for drinking though in game one of my characters was concidered a Sot for awhile before the Goddess Mystra told him NOT to touch that stuff anymore.... (bloodwyne)..... so he quit.... As for drugs that junk is what made me leave my ex.... and now he's six feet under..... Hum..... thinking that was a good decision on my part ...... besides by NOT doing any of that I can afford all the expansions and junk to maintain my 8 UO accounts all from the money I save not drinking, smoking or using.

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

I like beer it makes me a jolly ol fellow.. hehe I do smoke but iam real picky about that. It has to mean an green... An a good scotch whisky... Oh that will give you a good warm fuzzy....

G

It looks like the Mods are going to let us run with this. Mods are cool sometimes. Props to the Uhall mods!

Yeah, some times I have some adult beverages. I fight too. Am I at my best? *shrugs* I am here to have fun. It is not a buisness for me.

G

I like Guinness (on tap or from a can, I wont drink it from a bottle) ^^

I also love my 151. What I love best though is ussually when Im at an after party and I set the bottle down and hold my chaser (ussually a mikes hard, or the sort like Bacardi silver or Smirnoff Ice) and someone makes a comment about the chaser in hand w/o seeing the 151. They almost always decline a shot of the 151 when I pick it up, show em and take another shot & offer.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Not sure alot of people would be interested in that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm.... not as not sure as you!!

G

Well when I am playing UO I am playing UO, tv is off, seldom any music is on, only UO music from game itself, etc.

Since I do not like that much alcohol I seldom drink it and when I do drink alcohol it usually is in conjuction with a fine meal I cooked up, not at the keyboard. * I will have on a small table by my computer ice tea or dt pepsi if the mood hits me to have something to drink while playing UO that is what is it soft drinks.

I do not do drugs...seen enough people thinking they *could fly* and *expand their minds* while I was in college back in the day...all I see was corpses splatting from 4th story dorms thinking taking that drug would .....make em fly. I do not see wings on us ....sooooooooooo I never quite fell for the bs that promotes reasons TO use.

None of those would things would make my life nor UO playing any better..although I may laugh my arse off if someone is soo sloshed in UO that they hit *collapse* on their customised home full of pixel valuables right while I am riding by and they have no clue that they did it; till the sober up in the morning.

But whatever people do in their own homes, no one can dictate human behaviors or we all would be robots or something, if we all were the same, or had to be.

Of course I may not really be playing UO ya know..my one sheltie dog is legendary at working the mouse, the other one types to answer folks in game but, I am not afk whilst my sheltie dogs are playing the UO ! I am teachin em thus at keyboard with the dogs while they play UO.
One day King will be pvping out there and Knight he's learning to be a super dragon tamer just to have a pet eat humans in a game soo ..they love playing UO !

G

<blockquote><hr>

all I see was corpses splatting from 4th story dorms thinking taking that drug would .....make em fly

[/ QUOTE ]

how many corpses?

G

I quit counting them after awhile. I remember the first four that first week or so, there were others, after awhile ya have to numb up inside or one would probably go insane watching others kinda self destruct especially when yall so young ie college age like we were then.

There was way too much bs going on when I went to college, lucky some of em ever survived themselves.

Also nearly lost a friend in those typical male college drinkin contests where they jug and jug alcohol down enmasse, all too fast, sometimes it will mimac heart attacks or heart failure etc they *od'd on it too fast for the body to handle*, ends up more like they poisoned themselves toxic if it all goes..too much too fast, for the body to handle in some of those drinking contests they did. What seems like harmless fun sometimes .........ends up not when ya see too much of it ya never forget it even yrs later.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There was way too much bs going on when I went to college, lucky some of em ever survived themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm. which college did you go to that only a few people survived? i think you are full of crap.

<blockquote><hr>

I quit counting them after awhile. I remember the first four that first week or so, there were others

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point you need to cite some news articles. i'm sure if there were 4+ suicides in a week at a college in the US there'd have been some press on the matter. i don't care what year it was.

G

Well those were not *suicides* they were drugs, hardly news back then, most of those were *self induced* habits they got into.

The era of my college days were insane. Only thing that horribly 'silenced' the going off the deep end behaviors of so many back then, on my campus, ended up being more dead, via gunfire that time, May 4th 1970....another 4 dead in Ohio, Kent State. It hushed us all and made folks start thinking clearer. . I guess. So the only newpaper magazine articles you may find about my college is our finale. I left to go study elsewhere right before my own graduation I split flew to another state studied elsewhere, guess ..self preservation won out over the diploma, at that time.
some times I oft wonder HOW any of us, or me ever made it thru those insane years.

But I did learn from all that that..we can not dictate other humans behaviors, whether it is how they choose to live nor.. how they play UO.

P

PaganOfLegends

Well Sylvio,

I am here to back up what Queen Zen is saying. I'm not a 60's child, when this was probably happening at her college. You know, the hippie days when folks were experimenting with hallucinogens.

But in the early 80's, 2 friends of mine, and myself took some lsd. It was on paper(PaperAcid). I forget, but there was a pic of some Disney character on the paper. Well, we went up to another friends apartment. He was the one who would watch us, so he stayed sober. I don't remember much, but I do remember being in a dream state. Remember a little of the dreams I had. When I came out of it, 8 hours had gone by. And it felt like 10 minutes. I couldn't believe how the time flew. I asked them what I was doing the whole time, and they told me, watching tv. One of my friends had a gash on his head from thrashing around, he hit his head on a coffee table.

I remember that part of the dream I had, was that if you believe strongly enough, that your mind could accomplish anything. So when we left the guys apartment, which was on the 20th floor, I was looking down, and really thinking about jumping. And this was after the lsd wore off. I remember walking around for more than a week, feeling almost fearless because the dream was so real.

And this was from a couple of paper laced acid. Back in the 60's, they were doing acid tablets. I think I will try to look up on the web, some 60's college history, and see if there are any stories like that, but to me, it's not too hard to believe it.

So I guess I'll end it all by saying, stay safe folks. Some folks survive drugs, some don't. Sometimes prison will save a persons life. It has saved a couple of my friends lives. Don't learn the hard way. Even my idols, Aerosmith, have cleaned up. Not everyone can be Keith Richards.

G

Oh hell I remember those..they look like those lil candies on papers that are in the stores nearly identical even but they are NOT !

I think that came back when my own kids were little the schools here had pta meetings on it and someone was trying to pass em to the kids in elementary schools, cuz they look just like those lil pastel candies on the white paper. I remember talkin with my kids bout those they did some resurrgance in the 80s of them things passing em to lil kids by schools...dangerous &amp; lil kids would not know. The schools caught it happening though elementary schools.

Oh btw I took my girls to see Aerosmith as our big celebration of their spring birthdays and the youngest daughter's college graduation..........* I celebrated too that they survived to be adults* haha by takin em to Aerosmith honkin on the bobo tour ! HAHA
well worth the rl gp I blew on 3 tickets for me and my girls !
_

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*grins* You prefer table dancing or the more intimate lap dancing? *winks*

Gimme an ameretto stone sour...maybe a bottle of southern comfort......I'll poor it in all the nice little crevice's and let you lick it out....now THAT is the way to drink!

Whipped Cream Shots anyone??? *smirks*

*runs and hides from embarrasement*

G

OMG *locks Larisa up in my daughter's former room here..gives Larisa that MOM look *stares*

BEHAVE child ! haha

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*bows head sheepishly* yes Mom.....*shuffles feet*

G

hehe

I had to about chain down our youngest daughter !! GAH tis a wonder we survived that one and she too ! HAHA She was my wild child !

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

OMG *locks Larisa up in my daughter's former room here..gives Larisa that MOM look *stares*

BEHAVE child ! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY!!!

She loves my style!!!

Let her love it!

G

I found this kitty...seemed the kitty into playing UO while taking too much cat nip and the picture seems to fit this OT thread

http://i9.***********/2vxjaiw.jpg

G

Nope. Not interested in doing any of that. While surfing or playing games I sometimes drink coffee, tea, or juice, eat snacks, listen to music, chat on phone. That kind of thing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I found this kitty...seemed the kitty into playing UO while taking too much cat nip and the picture seems to fit this OT thread

http://i9.***********/2vxjaiw.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, yes, that catnip is mighty powerful indeed. Witnessed many a cat. Good thing it wears off quickly with no after effects. Other than a few extra Zzs and zigzags to the food bowl?