• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Doing Drugs, Cigarettes, Drinking while playing UO

G

Do you do it?

If so, do you feel it makes you play better?

I hope not, because it does not. Drunk pvp'ers are always the worst, make stupid mistakes and distrupt teamspeak/vent by fighting/laughing/being annoying. However drunk solo'ers can be funny and of course the purpose of the game is to have fun.

Potheads are subdued and don't care about anything making them bad/distruptive (laughing all the time) players as far as teamwork/guild play, but lots of people like to get high and solo PvP for fun.

Cigarettes do nothing but raise your blood pressure, heartrate, etc.. and you are holding the stupid cancer stick which is a distraction.

C

Chango Pelon

Well, *hic* I got two swords... one for the each of you... *hic*

G

I don't drink. Don't like the "high".

I'll leave it the rest to your imagination to keep this post "family-friendly"....If it adds to my entertainment, sure, why not? That's what a play a GAME for anyway...entertainment and relaxation. I'm not logging on to be a moral compass for some mislead youth. I'd prefer the game be adult-only, anyway. =)

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't drink. Don't like the "high".

I'll leave it the rest to your imagination to keep this post "family-friendly"....If it adds to my entertainment, sure, why not? That's what a play a GAME for anyway...entertainment and relaxation. I'm not logging on to be a moral compass for some mislead youth. I'd prefer the game be adult-only, anyway. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

well that doesn't have anything to do with it. the question is whether your pot smoking reduces your abilities.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

That's what *I* play a GAME for anyway...entertainment and relaxation. I'm not logging on to be a moral compass for some mislead youth. I'd prefer the game be adult-only, anyway. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

*applauds*

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/178045.html

the idiot featured in this video is exactly what's wrong with society today.

I

imported_raider red

<blockquote><hr>

Well, *hic* I got two swords... one for the each of you... *hic*

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't need two swords if you use your dagger on the one in the midle.:)

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

Peoples personal recluses are none of your business nor should we be discussing the use of chemical substances on an official gaming forum... at all.

G

Come on folks! I was kidding. This thread is history anyway. *smiles* I have a bad streak.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pvping poping 5 vicodin and a bar

doing bods and mundane crap i pop 5 ultrams adn 5 more every 3-4 hours wires me up enough to actually pay attention to what im doing

I tried pvping on ultrams and lol I was not able to have any timeing becasue 15 real seconds felt like 45

Yes I am curently a self medicateing Bipolar

G

one of my oldest uo experiences when over guild chat while doing a rpg event someone wrote the following.

OMFG GTG my trash can next to my comp is on fire!!

At first this was a funny throw away comment but later I found out he had tossed a still lit cigerate in his trash can.

G

I would also add that in my early days of playing I was hooked on painkillers (and now three years clean) and I would say bye some comments bye other idocers after I got sober that they liked it better when I was on them...

So I would guesse that mean I wasnt exactly on top of my game.

I

imported_Lyconis

I like to drink, must be why I have a tavern in game. Best name I could think of while drunk was "The Staggering Mongbat Ale Hole". Though it has a great name, I never have the time to get it open and running to the public. (for tavern nights). There is of course a difference between drinking and being drunk. Drinking you can pvp, being drunk you cannot. Being drunk you can sort bods (and forget you sorted them in the morning!!!!), drinking you can still sort bods but you remember it in the morning.

I do enjoy tobacco pipes and cigarettes, but not while playing.

Won't touch anything illegal never will, seen too many people fall off the edge of the server borders so to say.

As for making you play better or worse EVERYTHING makes you play worse the way your looking at it. Except maybe cigarettes, they were doing studies where I lived on how smoking helps you focus and concentrate better!

G

I will voluteer for any studies you wish to do. Rats! I just can't stay away.

C

Chango Pelon

Me, CPT Mor *hic* gan, and mi amigo Jose Cuervo challenge all of you to a *hic* duel right now...

D

DarkChronus

*wanders in with a goblet of wine* ... weeeeee

Corp Por ... or ... something... :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

I will bring the Brothers Walker! Johnny, Black, and Red!

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrón, por favor!

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

I will bring the Brothers Walker! Johnny, Black, and Red!

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont , the only Walker worth anything is the blue

or the Excelsior ofc ofc

G

Blue is the high dollar scotch right? For the Walker family. I have paid over a hundred dollars for a fine scotch. It is worth it. *nods*

Uncle Sam

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been in vent with Elvis when he is paying bills online and playing the game. Just my opinion but Luna and drinking go hand in hand.
I always tell my wife to stop buying perfume and makeup and just get me drunk, it has the same effect!!

G

Short answer: no.

( anything I try to add to that seems to come out as some sort of "holier than thou" boast )

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

Blue is the high dollar scotch right? For the Walker family. I have paid over a hundred dollars for a fine scotch. It is worth it. *nods*

[/ QUOTE ]

aye a bottle would prob cost you 200$ the Excelsior will cost ya twice as much

G

Malice, love ya, but know one gets to tell us how to play and what state to play in. *hic*

K

Kith Kanan

I mostly just drink beer if drinking whilst playing UO , a nice cold Tuborg

Bar cabinet currently has more than 20+ bottles in it thou , from Smirnoff vodka , to expensive single malt whiskey and 23 and 25 year old rum

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

All the Walkers are blended though, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye but dont let that put you of em , if the blender knows what he is doing , true magic can be created , the " I only drink single malt " is for snob's , and not for lover's

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

I usually drop a couple tabs of sunshine microdots and go stealth around Luna.

T

Tazar

There is a reason my guild is named "The Order of Drunken Elders".

C

Chango Pelon

Bah, Patron is an expensive ripoff of good reposado tequila.

And for you rum folk... here is my friend Don Q!

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
amn what i woudl do for some nice cid, i ahve not been able to find any in years and i am talking 10+

I

imported_raider red

I actually listen to heavy metal when I pvp,and it helps me a lot.Just like that kid on Iron Eagle when he plays hi s (sissy) Music all of a sudden he has caught up the 20 or so minutes behind schedule they were.

G

In the middle of a harry one night my cellphone went off. When I reached for it, I knocked my beer off my desk and onto my modem, instantly frying it. It took me almost 2 weeks to get a new one through the mail.

Also about 5 years ago a buddy of mine hooked me up with some shrooms during 4th of july. About 3 hours into the fun I logged into UO. I couldnt even figure out which button to hit to open my bank. I think I spent about 45 min running around in circles before my friend came in and rescued me. The next day when i logged on I was missing half my suit including my hat of the magi. Not sure what the hell i did with it.

H

humaofcats

yeah I smoke when I play all the time. Some times I'll even drink. Mind you I only PvM so the only one I'm screwng (if anyone) is myself

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I drank while playing UO, I would never find my body...

I have enjoyed playing online card games while being close to stinking drunk. I had a lot of fun but my ratings suffered.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*stumbles into the thread with her bottle of MGD*

*hic* Huh?? Oh..hi!

Anyway...I rarely drink, when I do it's MGD or Wine....something blush and fruity *grins*

Usually I am too preoccupied with the game to worry about other stuff, might listen to some mushic....er...music....*grins*

I

imported_Lady Tiger

thank god I quit drinking and doing the pain meds some years ago...i'd be on the tables stripping and dancing for everyone.

aw the good ole days...now everyone has to put up with me sober ...yikes

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heck Tiger I do that sober! *grins*

Kelmo....that sexy smile of yours gets me every time *laughs*

Now where did I put that darn bottle......

I

imported_Sarphus

I don't...

Actually, my employer does random drug testing because being under the influence of anything is a major job hazard (to yourself and others)

G

1. I don't smoke in my house. Its bad for electronics (and everything else), and since I happen to have an affinity for electronics that are ussually sensitive to that sort of thing, I smoke outside. Plus I've bleached the walls in here and I really don't feel like doing it again.

2. I don't drink at home. There's no reason (unless you're having a party, in which case you won't find me on UO). I reserve that for going out and such, and if I end up home drunk I ussually sit on the couch and watch TV.

3. I don't smoke pot. I have but after getting stoned a lot when I was younger I began to dislike how i felt on it, so now I don't. I don't mind people using it at all. Personally I don't see the harm in recreational use of ANY drug actually as long as its used recreationally.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Heck Tiger I do that sober! *grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

.... lol!

Can you do a news report on this...? I think there'd be a high demand for screenshots...!

j/k, unless you'd do it!

but seriously...