• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does the bard spells stack above caps?

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Does the bard spells stack above caps?
IE is it useless to use resilience with max hpr on your suit? or perseverence with max dci? or do they stack above the cap?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't go above cap from what I could tell. You could build a suit around the extra bonus they provide if your bard was a secondary though.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a number of caps in UO related to properties and abilities.
For stats the max unehanced value for a stat is 125. The max enhanced value is 150.

For Regeneration there is 18 Cap on items, and No Cap on Magical effects.
Resilience is a magical effect and so is not subject to that 18 Cap. (Resilience should stack with HPR on suit )

For Damage Increase, and Damage Modifier properties, the item cap, and the magical effect cap is the same, so if you cap out items, magical effects don't help, or if you cap out magical effects items don't help.
(Same for HCI and DCI, though direct amount reduction effects maybe negated by overcapping. Pre change HLD used to be a direct -25 to DCI)

For preservance there's also the Damage reduction which takes place after resists are taken into effect, and applies to all damage, including direct damage.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+1 to Corwin, I've seen well over 165 hp on my guys while doing Cora(giggity) I'm also 99% sure that the extra SDI will over stack on a mage vs monsters.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no SDI cap vs Mobs. And the Modifier effect will apply to combat and spells allowing up to 15% extra damage in PvP.
In PvM the modifier cap won't allow to exceed the 300% from slayer type properties or the 100% from damage increase due to items. (But if you are below those caps they will apply)

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is there a cap on damage reduction? for example exceptional dragon barding deed's 20% plus Perseverance mastery bonus?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No cap on damage reduction and it should stack. However, I'm not sure how i stacks so it may not be 20% + 30% but rather one then the other.
So damage reduced to 80% then to 56% rather than just 50%.

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No cap on damage reduction and it should stack. However, I'm not sure how i stacks so it may not be 20% + 30% but rather one then the other.
So damage reduced to 80% then to 56% rather than just 50%.

Thanks, what mastery do you prefer running when it comes to the tougher bosses (High Seas) ?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find the Peace Masteries most useful for the heavy hitters. Especially since I can easily run both of the peace at the same time indefinitely (If I dismount).

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good thing you asked otherwise I may have left that unclear.
Your pets receive buffs too, and since I am normally on an ethy, if I am mounted then my mount is technically manifested and receives the buffs as well.
Upkeep cost raises by 1 for every 5 pets or party members receiving the buff. Bards don't count themselves in that number so if a bard were buffing 2 mounted warriors, that would be 4 total, but if the bard was mounted their mount would count as a 5th increasing the upkeep cost per spell by 1. Since I'd be running 2 spells, thats an increase of 2 mana per round which takes my ability from indefinitely sustainable to below 3 minutes.