• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Does luck increase chances of Getting "big" gems?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I don't seem to hardly get any of these gems, I need to stockpile a bunch of the big gems for a secret and highly amazing project I am working on....... seriously though I hardly seem to get any , after around 900 pickaxe uses I came out with around 6 big gems, 4 perfect emeralds and 2 dark saphire.

If I ran an uber luck suit would that help?

Thanks,
Nicky

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On about average I get one gem per sturdy mining tool used. Thats about 175 charges. So 6 gems after 900 charges seem to be in the normal range to me. (Human miner mining in Fel.) It is said, that elves do have a higher chance on those gems, but i never tried on my own.
You can get those gems also as loot from abyss mini champions and several quests in ter-mur.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no idea until a couple days ago, but you can also get some of the special gems as uncommon loot (not quite rare) on the clay golems in Level 2 of Shame.

I'm not sure if it's a higher rate than mining w/ an elf, but it's another option...

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no idea until a couple days ago, but you can also get some of the special gems as uncommon loot (not quite rare) on the clay golems in Level 2 of Shame.

I'm not sure if it's a higher rate than mining w/ an elf, but it's another option...
Thats amazing! my miner is a thunter so has Mystic skill set, RC's make short work of the clay guys! will blast a bunch tonight.

@ Silverbird. Thank you for your reply. I do mine in fel and its good to know I am in a normal range. thanks for taking the time out to share your findings.

Nick

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RazieGL, could you please reply back tomorrow with your findings? I am interested in knowing which process you find more efficient and/or less annoying.

Thanks!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I find that it isn't often... like 1 in every 10-20 clay golems (CG) will have a special gem. I'm interested to see if Razic has a different number. The CG respawn rate is about 2 min after death; respawn is not instantaneous.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I was running in my t-hunting luck suit (2665 luck) and was getting one on average one uber gem every 10 - 15 CG's so it would seem to be in line with obsidian. I got 2 back to back at one point but then didn't get another for about 15 kills lol. The Gem return was probs not as good as the miing but I did get a bunh of stuff to unrav and a nice stack of gold at the end of it. I do king of need the coloured metal that I am getting when mining though so will go back to mining I think.

TY.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, I don't seem to hardly get any of these gems, I need to stockpile a bunch of the big gems for a secret and highly amazing project I am working on....... seriously though I hardly seem to get any , after around 900 pickaxe uses I came out with around 6 big gems, 4 perfect emeralds and 2 dark saphire.

If I ran an uber luck suit would that help?

Thanks,

Nicky

Want a good hint on Gem farming? Grab yourself a couple Lvl 7 Ter Mur treasure maps. Dig it up, kill the guardians. Loot your chest. Now, force spawn more guardians. All of these are easy for any knowledgeable treasure hunter to kill fast. You want to keep doing this as fast as possible and kill off the Enraged Rising Colossus. They are guaranteed to always drop a Precious Gem, Luminescent Fungi, or Parasitic Plant. You can literally farm the spawn all day long on just one map (you want it to be in an open area so nothing else bothers you).

You will gather gems faster than just about any other method out there. Guaranteed.

If you like this method, gold/resource donations are never turned down for good tips!

Last edited: