• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does luck affect mining at all?

• Thread starter imported_xStrikerx
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_xStrikerx

Does high luck produce more colored ore, gems, or blackrock?

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard that the answer is no, but honestly couldn't say with any certainty.

It might be logical to assume it's no, however. Doesn't luck just basically ramp up the odds of "special" treasure on monsters (the "special" treasure listed in the Hunter's Guide, I mean), and increase the mods on magic items found as loot?

J

Jhym

Nope. Completely, unalterably, inaccessibly random.

Though if you spawn an ore elemental and kill it with high luck you SHOULD get better loot.

I have seen one or two small bumps now and then, but my garg axes are being fickle these days and I haven't gotten as many recently.

L

Lilac Crypt

My miner runs about with 800 luck, and if I'm smart enough to remember to hit the luck statue, it increases. Ore elementals STILL have horrible loot.. bad, bad and really bad.

I complained about it once, and got slapped down with the reasoning that the ore should be the reward. If so.. why do they carry other stuff that LOOKS like what should be lootable items?

As far as gems and such go.. nope. No bonus for luck.