• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does JOAT mess up Parry because you get 20 Bush?

K

Kramer73

So I'm playing with the parry calculator on Stratics and I realized that being human and getting the Jack of all Trades bonus of 20 Bushido might actually be affecting my parry ability.

I'm hoping the devs were wise enough to take this into account, If it is true, you basically have to go elf to get the best benefit out of parry.

For those that don't know, parrying ability is lowered if you're using a shield along with having ANY bushido skill.

G

Going from the stratics parry calculator it does look as if JOAT affects your chance to parry with a shield by -5%.

However, there is no way a player can really test this. Even with counting 100,000 swings with 100 parry elf and 100 parry 20 bush human there would not be any conclusive results.

I think the only way we'll ever get an answer to this is from a dev, or anyone who happens to remember seeing any mention regarding this who might be able to post a link.

C

Connor_Graham

I moved your question to UHall so we could get a definite answer on this. Jeremy is looking into asking it as a Five on Friday question. She's said she's going to ask the Dev's and get back to us on it. If you'd like to see the conversation, it's on the front page of UHall right now.

C

Connor_Graham

The answer to this question, according to today's FoF, is NO. It does not affect Parry, and great care was made in the programming to ensure this would not happen. It was also tested by Leurocian, and verified that the programming is working properly.

So no worries about the JOAT and Parry.