• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Does Item ID still affect unravelling?

C

Chalce

I don't see it anywhere except in some older posts here. Thanks.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It allows you to determine what an item will unravel to, but it's not 100% accurate. If you check the enhanced client forum, there is a a mod that you can use with the enhanced client that gives you this information without using the item id skill.

J

[JD]

its the copper enhanced mod by mcdermott. just look for any of his posts in the ec discussion forum and follow the link on his sig

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Item ID has been sent to a soulstone to gather cobwebs by me - again. A once useable skill was made worthless years ago then briefly made useful again with the advent of Imbuing. I actually got quite a few relic frags by Item IDing vendor goods for 50gp - 2,000 gp ! But with all the changes made to imbuing and EC, this skill is neither accurate nor necessary anymore.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont use the enhanced client and probably never will (its just ugly and boxy)

Anyway, does item id still work, and about how inaccurate is it? and, does the level of item id affect it accuracy (when i did it before i just used 50, and id things with a few tries, easier than leveling it)

thanks

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont use the enhanced client and probably never will (its just ugly and boxy)

Anyway, does item id still work, and about how inaccurate is it? and, does the level of item id affect it accuracy (when i did it before i just used 50, and id things with a few tries, easier than leveling it)

thanks
I forget what the exact weight cutoff is for the essence and relic frags, but you can also just look at your Insurance item menu and see an items weight there, to get a reasonable idea.