• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Does anyone try to collect all of one rare?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering if anyone tries to purchase all of a certain rare, in hopes of eventually owning them all. For example it used to be my goal to buy all Festival of the Grape Harvest (blue) glasses. But that sort of went out the window after I lost both of mine.

Does anyone do this?

V

Vahne

You could make a case that Riply is buying all the xmas statues he can in all colors and facings. Considering from time to time he goes to every shard and bank sits for hours just buying em out. Mandy had to almost beg from him to get some of the uglier colors (snot green) to finish her own set! :)

For me personally though, at the most I try to collect certain sets, say a kitchen server birth rares set, but not every dirty pot in the game. After all what fun is decorating a house with 30 spittoons? Honestly I think it's more feasible for the event item collectors as some items only dropped a few.

E

Elbryan Uthador

I was wondering if anyone tries to purchase all of a certain rare, in hopes of eventually owning them all. For example it used to be my goal to buy all Festival of the Grape Harvest (blue) glasses. But that sort of went out the window after I lost both of mine.

Does anyone do this?

I am in the process of trying to get one of each of the Napa Valley EM items. Only problem though is some are one offs.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch snot green, never thought of my statue colors of green in that perspective rolleyes: But to be fair at the time Mandy asked me for statues those were the ones i had an extra of. But now I have other colors which are trade bait, and would be more then happy to exchange the above mention greens for another color if I have it. Check the roof and see if thiers an extra that I have in a color you like.
Pleads guilty to a compulsive disorder of trying to get all combo's of xmas statues.

V

Vahne

haha nah I'm just exaggerating Riply. It might have been maybe one of the normal rare names that was green, but you were very generous on the angel statues. At least admitting the compulsive disorder is the first step to recovery!....or something. :pint:

B

Blade_Thugluv

i buy coal ingots furs and donuts whenever i see them :) have over 30 of each now.... one day i will corner the market on them mhahahaha

~Blade

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ummm... i think manticore said he was one short of the blighted saplings... and he has a mess of haunted chests.. so....

L

LadyArden

Well, only a semi-rare but I've done the collectors Quest 140 times roughly, getting 14 statues and I'm determined to earn them all. Just wish it wouldn't give me duplicates. And someday I hope I get that rare, rare, uber-rare statue with my own name on it. That would be the ultimate rare for me.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch snot green, never thought of my statue colors of green in that perspective rolleyes: But to be fair at the time Mandy asked me for statues those were the ones i had an extra of. But now I have other colors which are trade bait, and would be more then happy to exchange the above mention greens for another color if I have it. Check the roof and see if thiers an extra that I have in a color you like.
Pleads guilty to a compulsive disorder of trying to get all combo's of xmas statues.

Oh Rip old friend, now I know how to get you to appear :hug: All it takes is a mention of the STATUES! Good to see ya :thumbup1:

T

Teufel_Hund

Well, only a semi-rare but I've done the collectors Quest 140 times roughly, getting 14 statues and I'm determined to earn them all. Just wish it wouldn't give me duplicates. And someday I hope I get that rare, rare, uber-rare statue with my own name on it. That would be the ultimate rare for me.
What shard are you on? I only need 4 or 5 more for my collection including the named one. I am sure in my dupes I have some that you need.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Vahne, good to know you got a nice mix of color's on the statues, say Hi to Mandy for me.

Hi Shalanria, its been pretty hectic in real life for me, been working alot. I have been checking the boards here from time to time and tend to answer when either my named is mention or some statues are for sale :popcorn:.

BlissMarie, I wouldn't worry if the objects are rare or not tbh, its just fun to have some goals in the game. Actually Shalanria and I did some fun trading of xmas statues not to long ago. Out of all the trading what I enjoyed obtaining the most was a very common named statue that was worth maybe a few thousand to most players, but it was the very last I needed to finish all the common named statues in all the colors and both directions. Plus when you get to trade and know other players its an oppurtunity to make new friends in the game which is one of the main reasons I started playing the game and still continue to this day.

M

Mythic

Im currently collecting every type of bow and archery type object that i can get my hands on, still desperatly seeking event items as such as well as any archery related rubble. Got UBWS, Sigil dyed, old para charge, dbl exc, every major and minor artie, (still need some crafted arties though), haven quest bow, practice bows, prepatch wildfire bows, power comp bow, workin on points for archery butte. Got all the oldschool shadow dancer colored dbl slayer bows except demon dismissal dbl slayer.

Still lookin for event rares, rubble, mystic and vanq and a list of anything I might be forgetting :)

Oh dont know if this would be considered a rare, oak enhanced bow with hit para charges or is this just an old bow thats been enhanced?

am currently collecting full(90), bless charged non armour items as well, I have sash, boots, earings, ring, and cap. think Ive got an apron too but not 100% on that.

anyone got anything nifty for me to look at Im on LS, thx! Not super rich, dont wanna spend hundreds of mils so keep that in mind please

Are there any bows around labeled as a Silver this or that or did they change them all to undead slayers?

Still kickin myself in the arse for not hitting that rares festival earlier then I did

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Vahne, good to know you got a nice mix of color's on the statues, say Hi to Mandy for me.

Hi Shalanria, its been pretty hectic in real life for me, been working alot. I have been checking the boards here from time to time and tend to answer when either my named is mention or some statues are for sale :popcorn:.

BlissMarie, I wouldn't worry if the objects are rare or not tbh, its just fun to have some goals in the game. Actually Shalanria and I did some fun trading of xmas statues not to long ago. Out of all the trading what I enjoyed obtaining the most was a very common named statue that was worth maybe a few thousand to most players, but it was the very last I needed to finish all the common named statues in all the colors and both directions. Plus when you get to trade and know other players its an oppurtunity to make new friends in the game which is one of the main reasons I started playing the game and still continue to this day.
I'm glad I got to help your finish part of your wonderful collection and also cleared out 2 of my chest, that is always nice at my places. And your white angel is well and enjoying her new home :lol: Meeting nice people always makes the game fun and interesting :popcorn:

M

Mandy Moonbright

Hey Riply
It's great to hear from you again. It's wonderful to hear that you finished the common set of Christmas statues. I need to go visit your house this week to check out the prettiness. Meeting you early on really helped motivate me and gave me ideas for statue searching. BTW- I now have a lot of extra uncommons if you are trying to finish the next level.

I'm too poor to buy out all of something in existence, but we collect statues and jewelry. Vahne and I have the full set of Christmas statues (Including matching G'thunk and G'Splat), obsidians, vet, and ethys. We also have a 2-story and a black widow statue. I love books, and try to collect any I can. 'Course those include NPC and player written books, which is even better because it makes Vahne groan.