• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] Does anyone play a Paladin /wo Bushido anymore?

M

mr_warpig

I am just wondering if anyone plays a character that heals/cures only with Chivalry and doesn't have Bushido? I have a character that carries a shield for FC and extra resist as well as parrying. I see that Parry with Bushido does best with two handed weapons. Thanks

J

[JD]

im considering a template without bush...

slayers+eoo can come close to dmg cap if i understand things correct so perfection not needed (though the 1000 luck is nice)
setting myself up for chain AI will let me do LS crit damage
i use momentum strike for a poor mans version of whirlwind on occasion
i dont have parry so i dont use evade
confidence will be missed

thats about it..

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do, been playing it for a few weeks now. I did find a bug with dispel evil. It doesn't work against evil mobs anymore. Summons it does.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is extremely problematic to rely solely on Chivalry to heal and cure.

Even in PvM.

Doable, but problematic.

Templates without Bushido and Necromancy are indeed viable but it becomes more difficult and more problematic to solo high-end creatures.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do, been playing it for a few weeks now. I did find a bug with dispel evil. It doesn't work against evil mobs anymore. Summons it does.
This was discussed in a thread on U-Hall. Once again it "turned" monsters, especially Undead, but didn't dispel summons.

It was changed to dispel summons, especially necro summons (revenants), but it no longer turned monsters.

Now, however, it appears to work inconsistently. For some people it will turn monsters, for some it will do so occasionally and unpredictably, for some it will do so under certain replicable conditions, and for some not at all.

The other night, I had 3 Bane Chosen on me, and tried Dispel Evil just for the Hell of it. 1 turned, 2 ignored it, and the 1 that turned came back within seconds, but then hit me once and ran off again.

Got to love UO. Not only do things often not work as they are supposed to but we never really know how they are supposed to work and thus have little basis for assessment.

-Galen's player

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a pvp/pvm char with this template

120 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Meditatrion
110 Resist Spells
120 Parry
85 Ninjitsu
85 Chivalry

A 4/6 Chiv Dexer.
The ninjitsu I really only use for when I'm dismounted.
Between Mirrors and animal form it gives a bit extra survivability.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have my nox pally, used to be great in pvp, he was just a little red, so i used some forged pardons to get him blue again. Kept all his old armor on tho, only imbued ring and bracer. In pvm (obviously i dont pvp on him anymore) i use a kryss with life leech to help with healing. Still use my old hit chance fc1 shield, but also use the SA Sign of Chaos human version. Hes got pretty high chiv, yes i still use holy light. I am wondering if spell damage increase still is working with it tho, as i have some incorporated in the suit, cause i cant tell much of a difference. Really wish i had imbued some Djin's rings before the patch so i wouldnt have to have fc1 on the weapons anymore.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play a pvp/pvm char with this template

120 Fencing
100 Tactics
100 Meditatrion
110 Resist Spells
120 Parry
85 Ninjitsu
85 Chivalry

A 4/6 Chiv Dexer.
The ninjitsu I really only use for when I'm dismounted.
Between Mirrors and animal form it gives a bit extra survivability.
And you get by without Healing/Anatomy?

Well with both Parry and Resist and (I assume) DCI, maybe you don't get hit all that much.

-Galen's player

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you get by without Healing/Anatomy?

Well with both Parry and Resist and (I assume) DCI, maybe you don't get hit all that much.

-Galen's player
By having ninjitsu, he gets full mana discount for weapon specials and could use feint . Would help alot.

J

[JD]

Interesting Logrus uses parry given what we "think" we know about parry.

Log would you mind sharing your 4/6 chiv suit info? I'm extremely curious how to make something like that work.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure I'll post my suit as soon as I get back into town.
But for now I can remember a few points.
I use a valorite enhanced shield with HCI/DCI and FC on it which may be a bit difficult to get now.

If I remember correctly that character only has around 50 mana, but with the medible suit, med and mana regen on the suit I can get omened and completely drained and still reover fast enough to heal through dumps.

Most of the weapons I use are really fast and I rely on mixing mortal/bleed for wearing opponents down.

Unfortunately due to equipment limitations I cant pump out a whole lot of heavy hits more than a short time in pvp, but once i work up some better equipment i should be able rectify that.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure I'll post my suit as soon as I get back into town.
But for now I can remember a few points.
I use a valorite enhanced shield with HCI/DCI and FC on it which may be a bit difficult to get now.

If I remember correctly that character only has around 50 mana, but with the medible suit, med and mana regen on the suit I can get omened and completely drained and still reover fast enough to heal through dumps.

Most of the weapons I use are really fast and I rely on mixing mortal/bleed for wearing opponents down.

Unfortunately due to equipment limitations I cant pump out a whole lot of heavy hits more than a short time in pvp, but once i work up some better equipment i should be able rectify that.
If I was a dev I think I'd have some leet hackzord stuff going myself...

M

mr_warpig

My pally is decent at PvM. His skills are:

Swords 110
Parry 110
Tactics 110
Anatomy 100
Resist 110
Focus 100
Chivalry 80

Str 90
Dex 100
Int 50, plus he's an Elf and gets extra mana

He has 4/4 casting, all resist in the high 60's and good mana regen. So far he's taken on Paragon Lich Lords, two Paragon Daemons at once, plus assorted Succubi, Balrons and Blood and Poison Eles. Paragon Balrons and the like give him a lot of trouble.
I'm working on a Bushido/Paladin and a Sampire, although it seems their geared more towards having 120 fighting skills and parry.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one sucky thing about being a dev is by the time I get all of the cool stuff its already old.
I haven't managed to get all the SA artifacts yet, not a single one of the high seas ones, forget time to do the invasion.

But I still have high hopes, I've got some weird templates that work pretty well on test, I just dont have the gear to support it on my production characters.

Anyway back at home.

My Pure Chiv Warrior ( Human) Skills in previous post

Mace and Shield Glasses
Stats (Base)125/25/100 (Str/Int/Dex) (Final 140, 115, 24)
Mana 40, Stamina 142, HP - 134
HCI (Suit/Shield) 35, DCI 36

Suit = MR 8, Stam Regen 4, HP regen 4, LMC

Artifacts
Rune Beetle Carpace
Orny
Crimson
Quiver of infinity
Conjurer's Trinket

Runic Armor Pieces (Gorget legs/Arms)
Shield is FC1 HCI DCI

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one sucky thing about being a dev is by the time I get all of the cool stuff its already old.
I haven't managed to get all the SA artifacts yet, not a single one of the high seas ones, forget time to do the invasion.

But I still have high hopes, I've got some weird templates that work pretty well on test, I just dont have the gear to support it on my production characters.

Anyway back at home.

My Pure Chiv Warrior ( Human) Skills in previous post

Mace and Shield Glasses
Stats (Base)125/25/100 (Str/Int/Dex) (Final 140, 115, 24)
Mana 40, Stamina 142, HP - 134
HCI (Suit/Shield) 35, DCI 36

Suit = MR 8, Stam Regen 4, HP regen 4, LMC

Artifacts
Rune Beetle Carpace
Orny
Crimson
Quiver of infinity
Conjurer's Trinket

Runic Armor Pieces (Gorget legs/Arms)
Shield is FC1 HCI DCI
Might want to consider the Fey Leggings unless you're already have high enough DCI to counteract HLD and/or Divine Fury. You don't have Evasion to rely on.

Remember to carry an alternate talisman; the Trinket will cause reponds to do double damage to you. So if you ever get around to doing a Corgul he will break you in half.

-Galen's player

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't have the other suit parts to fit the Fey legs.
I haven't done Corgul on this guy yet, but I do have a couple of mana phase orbs so I wont lose much hci on switching out.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't have the other suit parts to fit the Fey legs.
I haven't done Corgul on this guy yet, but I do have a couple of mana phase orbs so I wont lose much hci on switching out.
You sir need to take advantage of a local imbuer and work some major mana increase/MR into your suit. Put HLA30%/50%spell/SSI/DI at least on your main AI weap and wear a sign of chaos and you'll be in a totally different level of offensiveness.

It surprises me at the level of your suit since you help well... make the game what it is. Not trying to be offensive at all.. it just seems weird that you're not maximized on your gear for the template to fully register what that template can do.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its more about having the time to work up skills/gear.

On test shard I can build anything I want so I can test how effective item/template combinations are.

I'm still on catch up mode for additions since SA though i've at least tested the templates on TC. Getting into prodo its hard to get the cash to buy equipment, or failing that, the time to make the equipment. And usually if time for a decent session of gaming (2+ hrs) I'll go hunting for a spawn to raid or faction/pvp action.

(Needless to say I dont have any new ships, and haven't raised fishing yet to take advantage of the new stuff there yet.)

And I still have to build a discord bard.

M

mr_warpig

Pre AoS my main char was this:

Swords
Archery
Tactics
Anat
Resist
Healing
Lumberjack

I was still getting beaten on badly by Balrons and Ancient Wryms and constantly dying in PvP.

After AoS I fixed him up like this:

Swords 110
Archery 110
Tactics 110
Anat GM
Focus GM
Resist GM
Chivalry 90

I could now take out Balrons, AW's, Ancient Liches, most Doom baddies and I didn't die so much at PvP anymore. I used FC jewels and sometimes carried FC weapons and shield for FC, DCI and HCI.

I haven't played for 4 years now and I see lots of Bushido/Pally's and Sampires. I like Bushido, but I also like having a shield with FC, HCI and DCI and Bushido is better without a shield from what I've read. Also, Bushido seems geared towards having 120 fighting skills. My chars are quite poor, hehe.

My newest paladin is:

Swords
Tactics
Parry
Resist
Anat
Focus
Chivalry

He doesn't have any scrolls yet and his skills are still low. I'll report back after he's trained up and find if I can fight tough things like I used to do.