• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone know what Monsters would spawn Felucca Hoard Maps aside from Paragons ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we know, Paragons spanw in their Chest Hoard Maps with a random facet.

I am more looking though, for some Monster located in Felucca (and thus always spawning Felucca Maps), which spawns Hoard Maps.

So, barred Paragons, does anyone know of any that is located in Felucca ?

Thanks !

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoard maps spawn on:
Dimetrosaur, Paragon Ancient Wyrm, Paragon Balron, Paragon Betrayer, Paragon Blood Elemental, Paragon Ethereal Warrior, Paragon Greater Dragon, Paragon Meer Eternal, Paragon Poison Elemental, Paragon Rotting Corpse, Paragon Skeletal Dragon, Paragon Succubus, Paragon Titan, Miasma, Pyre, Rend, Abcess, Putrefier, Master Theophilus, Stygian Dragon.

Of those, Abcess and Putrifier can be found in Fel

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
But according to uo wiki they all spawn in chests which make them being at any facet.

Treasure Maps – Ultima Online

So you cant, only way besides paragon chests is to do cache maps in fel and hope they have hoard maps.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hoard maps spawn on:
Dimetrosaur, Paragon Ancient Wyrm, Paragon Balron, Paragon Betrayer, Paragon Blood Elemental, Paragon Ethereal Warrior, Paragon Greater Dragon, Paragon Meer Eternal, Paragon Poison Elemental, Paragon Rotting Corpse, Paragon Skeletal Dragon, Paragon Succubus, Paragon Titan, Miasma, Pyre, Rend, Abcess, Putrefier, Master Theophilus, Stygian Dragon.

Of those, Abcess and Putrifier can be found in Fel
@Petra Fyde

Thank you for the kind information.

That you know of, Abcess and Putrifier carry exclusively Felucca Treasure Maps or do they drop, like paragons, Treasure Maps of all facets, randomly ?

Because, I am looking for some spawn that would only carry Felucca Treasure Maps....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Abcess and Putrifier are ML Named creatures much like Miasma, I would imagine their maps are random. Please bear in mind Hoard maps are what used to be level 6. The only way to get exclusively fel level 6 is by taking the hags quest from the Fel hag, in which case the facet is certain, but the level is not.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Chrille is right: the only thing that spawns Hoard maps that are guaranteed to be in Felucca, is chests from Felucca Cache T-Maps.

I farm Cache maps from Daemons expressly for getting Hoard maps (I find Daemons to be the easiest mob that drops a Cache T-Map; Titans are a close second).

Now, which method is more efficient is a little difficult to say. But they seem to be fairly close.

Paragon method is easily calculable, as spawn all rates have been published:
  • Paragon mobs have a 1/20 spawn rate
  • Paragon chests have 1/10 spawn rate (on mobs that can spawn them)
  • 6 facets
  • 1/20 * 1/10 * 1/6 = 1/1200 chance of Felucca T-Map
The Felucca Cache map method is a little difficult to calculate, as I haven't been able to find any posted spawn rates for T-Maps in dug up T-Chests. But speaking from my own experience, I would estimate the following:
  • T-Map spawn rate 1/100
  • T-Map spawn rate for T-Maps in T-Chests is significantly higher. I estimate 1/10
  • 1/100 * 1/10 = 1/1000
This would indicate that the Cache map method is slightly more efficient, but that is based on my estimates for the spawn rate of T-Maps in the dug up chests. If anyone has real spawn rates for T-Maps in T-Chests, that would allow us to get a more accurate number. It is very likely that they are about the same.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we know, Paragons spanw in their Chest Hoard Maps with a random facet.

I am more looking though, for some Monster located in Felucca (and thus always spawning Felucca Maps), which spawns Hoard Maps.

So, barred Paragons, does anyone know of any that is located in Felucca ?

Thanks !
Not a mob, but if you turn in the Hag quest in Felucca it also gives Felucca t-maps.

They have a chance to give you hoard maps, but not a guarantee. It's a 1 in 4 chance (stash, supply, cache or hoard).