• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone else actually use Taste ID?

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use it all the time when I'm putting loot into my PvP stuffs box to make sure all my potions stack (for the most part) correctly.

Was wondering if anyone else did.

Yes, I believe I'm OCD.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use it all the time when I'm putting loot into my PvP stuffs box to make sure all my potions stack (for the most part) correctly.

Was wondering if anyone else did.

Yes, I believe I'm OCD.
I do the same exact thing. Usually I am the one cleaning up that chest after everyone else in the guild :p

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is human 20 taste ID enough to make potions stack?
Yep. Sometimes you fail a bit. My alchemist has GM taste ID though :lame: I know I know... but who else can say that? LOL

C

Connor_Graham

They fixed potion stacking a while back so there isn't any problem with them any more.....

*watches an OCD person over in the corner start to twitch*

P

Prince Caspian

Phaeton cast a glance over his shoulder at his comrades, all of which were encased in shells of magical energy, pulsating and illuminating the dark tomb. It was all up to him. He turned his attention back to the shambling creature standing before him.

Lothrok the Damned's withered, rotting face twisted into a contemptous grin. The old lich's eyes burned like smouldering coals. His spindly fingers twitched over his gnarled staff, and he addressed Phaeton with a voice that soured the stale air of the tomb.

"Now, mortal. If you complete the challenge, you and your friends shall be spared. Your task begins.... now."

With a flourish, four bowls, brimming with green, appeared on top of a nearby saracophagus. To the ancient lich's surprise, Phaeton immediately stepped to the bowls and showed he was indeed an adventurer of mettle. Quickly sampling each bowl, his Taste Identification skill, honed so sharply over the years, revealed all.

Grinning broadly at the withered horror, Phaeton pointed to each of the bowls in turn. "THAT is Bok Choy. THAT is cabbage. THAT is Iceberg Lettuce, and THAT is Mustard Greens."

With an echoing cry of anguish, Lothrok's shambling figure dissolved into black smoke, and the other members of The Dragon Force were released from their magic shells, and slumped to the floor, dazed. Phaeton smiled to himself... those hard years of tutelage under Master Chef Pierre LaBonne Gauiteau had served him well in this dark, godless place....

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think cooks should need Taste ID to make stuff like enchanted apple.

Alchemist should need it too. Could be tied into immunity. Taste ID makes consumeable items work better. after all this is UO:Age of Consumeables better start tying skill to the myriad of items.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phaeton cast a glance over his shoulder at his comrades, all of which were encased in shells of magical energy, pulsating and illuminating the dark tomb. It was all up to him. He turned his attention back to the shambling creature standing before him.

Lothrok the Damned's withered, rotting face twisted into a contemptous grin. The old lich's eyes burned like smouldering coals. His spindly fingers twitched over his gnarled staff, and he addressed Phaeton with a voice that soured the stale air of the tomb.

"Now, mortal. If you complete the challenge, you and your friends shall be spared. Your task begins.... now."

With a flourish, four bowls, brimming with green, appeared on top of a nearby saracophagus. To the ancient lich's surprise, Phaeton immediately stepped to the bowls and showed he was indeed an adventurer of mettle. Quickly sampling each bowl, his Taste Identification skill, honed so sharply over the years, revealed all.

Grinning broadly at the withered horror, Phaeton pointed to each of the bowls in turn. "THAT is Bok Choy. THAT is cabbage. THAT is Iceberg Lettuce, and THAT is Mustard Greens."

With an echoing cry of anguish, Lothrok's shambling figure dissolved into black smoke, and the other members of The Dragon Force were released from their magic shells, and slumped to the floor, dazed. Phaeton smiled to himself... those hard years of tutelage under Master Chef Pierre LaBonne Gauiteau had served him well in this dark, godless place....
HEY DEV TEAM!!!! QUEST IDEA RIGHT HERE!!!!
*points to quoted post*

S

siyeng0

Damn it, UHall, just when I'm starting to dislike you passionately, you give me something like this.

L

Lord Drakelord

Love the tale, hate the idea of working another skill that I'll never use, if they do decided that taste ID is important to warrant the time to train [currently working on Item ID] then I guess I can drop a skill on my handy man.

C

Connor_Graham

Love the tale, hate the idea of working another skill that I'll never use, if they do decided that taste ID is important to warrant the time to train [currently working on Item ID] then I guess I can drop a skill on my handy man.
They'd have to fix it first.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't, it was locked at that awhile back for some reason. . .
Actually you can, I just recently GM'd mine:

Just have a satyr discord you. (I also used some alacrity and trans scrolls to speed up the process)

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to when my Grandfather use to cook one of those "Guess what this is" dinners. Those things rarely ended well. :-( -Grimm

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I would use it... if it were a required skill for say...brewing!

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP, even tho it's three months after your post -
I also (just began lately to) use Taste ID to sort potions.

Was nice to combine into stacks all the loose potions I've had about, that would not stack until ID'd.
oddly, I now have one stack of "Night Sight", and one of "Nightsight" - that will not stack.
Not sure if I ID'd them at different skills, or maybe they are some legacy thing?

Was glad to read in this thread that I wont get stuck at 75 Taste ID skill, and had forgot about the Satyr (Thank You 4gregu).

G

Gwendar-SP

Of course - it is essential to stacking potions. potions made by different characters won't stack without it.

N

Nyte Doombringer

I was thinking about skills that we have that get no use really, taste id and cooking being 2 of them. They really need a overhaul. Taste id should go along with alchemy and cooking of course. We should get new potions, potions that people would want and would want to use and buy from vendors. Make taste id something like arms lore, that if you have it gmed the potions are stronger maybe.
Cooking, we really need food that we can make that gives properties instead of just deco stuff. Could also add more different types of fish to the water to go along with different things to cook.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was glad to read in this thread that I wont get stuck at 75 Taste ID skill, and had forgot about the Satyr (Thank You 4gregu).
NP, also I might be mistaken but I dont think a regular satyr will discord your skill low enough, I used a paragon.