• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Does anybody still use barbed runics?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Quite a few views, no answers? :) Reviving tailor, wondering if horned and runics are worth the time and trouble anymore with all the changes

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check VS on Atlanic and that will tell you if they are worth it to you to do.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I almost never make luck stuff (my friends look at me funny - then get jealous when I get more drops with under-500 luck than they do at 1500-2000).

horned and barbed are what I use for reforging, but it's been a while since I needed to do that, because of the current state of loot.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That’s what I’m asking - whether anybody actually makes anything useful from the horned and barbed runics anymore with the loot changes

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That’s what I’m asking - whether anybody actually makes anything useful from the horned and barbed runics anymore with the loot changes
Typically, only with an imbuer doing reforging - though I have occasionally burnt a few kits trying for combos of properties you can't get easily via reforging, then imbued and enhanced, to finish off a suit.

I'm holding on to most of mine currently, though, hoping that crafting and BODs get another look.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I still use barbed kits for reforging and make some pretty decent pieces. Not as "amazing" as some legendary pieces....but still pretty good and good enough for what I'm doing. With some artifact pieces and reforged pieces I'm able to max out almost all the mods needed for my mages and warriors and able to solo almost everything with the characters I put the equipment on.

I personally like wearing pieces I crafted myself. Most of the Legendary pieces I own are hats....just because I like the way it looks and lets me wear other pieces.