• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does any crafter or vendor stock parasitic poison?!?!?

M

Maleeka

Crafter's Corner stocks both but only one Parasitic bottle and about 10 Darkglow bottles as I don't have time to lumberjack more for the resources.

G

I used to stock *some* of both those potions. The problem with both of those has always been harvesting enough parasitic plants and lumi fungi to make those which are harvested via lumberjacking.

Then they *randomed* all the crap, end up with more bark and switches anyhow even before than para plant or fungi. Right after they began the wood randomisation bs, I actually was netting more parasitic plants than ever before so I was happy to turn em over to my gm alchmemist to make up more of those. Then poof got less and less of them and lumberjacking just ends up an exercise in futility if all ya get is crap plain boards when folks barely buying carp items as is.

All my vendors of all my crafters templates, selling wares in 3 Siege shops here, all have been removed and taken down very recently. Just got fed up and tired, need a break. Sort of same with my 120 tailor 100 arms lore so many drylooting and then cutting other players armor, granted it makes more sales more profit but ya end up more so feeling like a drone gerbil on a never ending exercise wheel of futility when even those that loot others armor dont wear it they cut it all up doh...and then there becomes a shortage of leather armor vendors and they wonder why ?

People making it get tired despite profits, sales, etc. when the shard goes scissors happy cutting every thing they see on their enemies leather armors they all looted time and time again per hour per day on everyone out there. Shortages of crafters vendoring leather armors also is oft cause and effect.

My gm alchemist/gm scribe/gm chef apple bomb alchem scribe maker guy was renewed for another 3 mos. but when I make stuff with him now, it mostly goes to MYTH/AO guildmates..or those whom contact me to make em special orders privately.

If ya ever get enough of the parasitic plants and fungi, takes 10 parasitic to make one stinking bottle of the stuff, etc. with talisman if no fails, just pm me before I'd deactivate that UO acct. so, I did renew him for 3 mos, and I can make some of both up, for ya.

G

Ya gettting parasitic poision is a pain in the ass because you only get like 1-3 vines per tree if your lucky, I farmed over almost 750k normal wood 500k heartwood 100k ash and i only got like 5000 parasitic vines which is enough to make like 500 bottles or 5 kegs, so basically with straight farming wood it takes about 3 or 4 days just to get 1-2 kegs.

G

yeh the joys of ML and lame elfy foo foo ingredients.

My Hughes can also *make the scrappers* but ............... about only 3-4 guys on Siege actually DO do, those a bit more regularly, cuz they either got the gp to buy the pricey ingredients or the ways and means to get the ingredients with hunts etc. more easily/frequently toss in fails. . and still the few made up will end up very pricey scrappers in the end; due to all the ML bs that goes into making one that may end up one that is, *worthy* of any one buying it in the first place. ML pfft recipes ingredients and one a big craftables pain in the arse bleh. lol

G

I've been chopping boards this afternoon for making kegs, add ons and arrow shafts. I've gotten around 1 plant per 1k boards.

M

Maleeka

I chopped for 2 hours yesterday and got no parasitic. I thought maybe they turned it off. Good to hear it's still available. *smiles*

G

If you guys are chopping wood as humans it will take much longer, you get more additional resources (gems fungi etc, not ore or wood) as an elf

G

<blockquote><hr>

yeh the joys of ML and lame elfy foo foo ingredients.

My Hughes can also *make the scrappers* but ............... about only 3-4 guys on Siege actually DO do, those a bit more regularly, cuz they either got the gp to buy the pricey ingredients or the ways and means to get the ingredients with hunts etc. more easily/frequently toss in fails. . and still the few made up will end up very pricey scrappers in the end; due to all the ML bs that goes into making one that may end up one that is, *worthy* of any one buying it in the first place. ML pfft recipes ingredients and one a big craftables pain in the arse bleh. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and making Scrappers with less than 120 magery = waste. I made a couple with 115 magery on Skylark, and after playing with some ML crafting on Test Center, I concluded that with anything less than 120 magery, your chances of getting anything besides a basic Scrappers, meant it wasn't worth burning the pricey ingredients. That pretty much holds true for regular crafted spell books. I didn't track it carefully enough when I first started making them, but I am just convinced that at some point they tweaked things so it was harder to get an interesting book. I say that because with 110 magery, while it was rare, I was sometimes able to get decent books (and I had them stashed in my "keeper" box to prove it), but then at some point, even burning thousands of scrolls, I couldn't seem to get anything worth keeping/selling, especially anything with 3 mods (hence my vendor that was loaded to capacity with free spell books for several months in a row). With 115 magery, I finally produced my very first super slayer (many thousands of blank scrolls went into that effort).

In my wood chopping rounds, when I was keeping track, I determined that in chopping around 50K worth of regular boards (this was before the lovely random wood spawns keep in mind) I only got enough parasitic plants to make about 20 bottles of the poison (with my 26% alchemy talisman to minimize failures)...and those went to Castor. I concluded it was not marketable (not even remotely close) to the scarcity of the ingredients. I got enough of the luminescent fungi to make about 3X that amount of darkglow poison. Of course, my girls are all human. Maybe elves get more of the special resources when chopping wood.

As we have said before, much of the "new" crafting seemed to simply cater to scripters. It isn't that I object to something "rare" being difficult to produce, but I really didn't consider spending hours on end mindlessly buying up/out NPC vendors for blank scrolls, and my manual woodchopping/mining to be difficult, it was just tedious and boring.

Ironically, I had found a happy little niche to enjoy my crafting again by doing custom house deco for people with colored wood &amp; stone (knowing I could just go out to my laboriously marked spots for those colors when needed) but they killed that with the random wood/ore spawn.

-Skylark

A

AntiOTF

So what would you guys say 2 kegs (200 bottles) of parasitic poison is worth with the way things are currently? This could be a nice way of getting a new player some serious gold, and jump starting their siege adventure!

Edit: Damn Castor for hogging up all the good stuff!

P

prostkr

i have enuff to make approx 100 bottles, amaze me with your offer of gold and ill whip some up.

P

prostkr

ill make a 100 for a mil, ill make them here in the next little bit....224308474