• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does actual skill numbers raise pet training requirements?

jeremy roe

Adventurer
Right now I leveled from slot 2 to 3

Pet training is only 22 skill requirement.

If i GM resist, wrestle, etc does that raise the training requirements or only my spent points?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Right now I leveled from slot 2 to 3

Pet training is only 22 skill requirement.

If i GM resist, wrestle, etc does that raise the training requirements or only my spent points?

No. Pet control requirements only increase each time you apply training to your pet (doesn't matter if it's 1 int or 700 int) -- the required skill to control the pet raises by 2.4 for each "train". Anytime the pet goes up in slot, the control increases by 21.2 skill.

So if you have lower taming and want a pet to help you as you level, you should plan out exactly how you want it and do as much as possible in each train. For example, if you wanted to give it 80 physical resist, but gave it 50 first, then upped it to 60, then upped it to 80, you would increase the skill requirement by 7.2. -- If you just gave it 80 res in one go, you'd only increase the skill requirement by 2.4.

Actual skill level of the pet won't affect the skill requirement (unless you apply scrolls to increase its caps, then see above).

jeremy roe

Adventurer
No. Pet control requirements only increase each time you apply training to your pet (doesn't matter if it's 1 int or 700 int) -- the required skill to control the pet raises by 2.4 for each "train". Anytime the pet goes up in slot, the control increases by 21.2 skill.

So if you have lower taming and want a pet to help you as you level, you should plan out exactly how you want it and do as much as possible in each train. For example, if you wanted to give it 80 physical resist, but gave it 50 first, then upped it to 60, then upped it to 80, you would increase the skill requirement by 7.2. -- If you just gave it 80 res in one go, you'd only increase the skill requirement by 2.4.

Actual skill level of the pet won't affect the skill requirement (unless you apply scrolls to increase its caps, then see above).
Thanks!!