• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you think the Dev's listen to the players?

Please select 3 of the most that reflects your thoughts.

• Total voters
T

Tm84

Not trying to start a fight or anything. BUT I just started thinking and wondering IF....

Guys think the Dev's listen to the UO community as far as what is wanted within the game, or do you think they are doing what THEY think is best for US the players? Or they are just doing things that they believe would bring in more money or population to the community?

Have any of your thoughts/wants about the game ever happen? If so please tell us what they were.

Do you believe that Dev's should ADD new contents to the game, or FIX what is already there?

Select 3 that relates to you most, and the last one is just an idea if people do think that way or not.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, they listen. Go back just a few publishes and you'll see where tweaks were made as a result of player feedback

Specifically, more red healers were added in Felucca as a direct result of mine and other players' requests for them.

T

Tm84

Thanks for replying and taking the time to vote.
However..is there a problem with the voting? i'm not too sure since there was only 1 vote (know you could of just not voted of the others) or do i need to fix something to allow people to vote for more then 1. Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, I didn't follow my own advice of not posting before coffee, I didn't read thoroughly before voting :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I personally know they listen. They have been for awhile now... I think it started with Cal... it's continued with Jeff. I'm glad.

I'd also like to say that they seriously need to concentrate of fixing things before moving on. There are 100's of bugs still around that people have been irritated over in the past.. one thing returning players always say to me is "OMG is that still broke?". Before getting frustrated at their perceived lack of action and quitting again...

I for one want them to fix stacking issues... and to STOP adding things to game that don't stack... I have no desire to take up my precious lockdowns with SINGLE use items that don't stack... Returning players complain about this all the time.

Shifting stone to finally stack was a HUGE bonus... now we need to expand that to many other things like power crystals.... dyes..... we need to be able to combine more things than just hammers and baits.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I would say they listen, but at the same time they also do things that I believe they would like to see implemented, just cause. This is fine as well. At times it takes A LOT to get them to finally listen and start feeding us yummy treats we've been asking for but this isn't so bad as usually the treats are very yummeh.

New content needs to happen though, as well as bug fixes. At some point though, both become unavoidable. It makes me wonder are bugs keeping new content from being possible? Or do they want to flesh out current stuff before fixing bugs and then add new content? Who meows?