• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you still use Dungeon Underworld at all? (Poll)

So? Do you?

• Total voters

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering… as I sit here... mining archery gains. :)

Do you still use Dungeon Underworld... the BIGGEST dungeon of them all, that came with SA a few years back.

There are 2 main sections. An entrance on Fire Island, the main I would say. Then the Gargoyle side that is limited access by a force field just inside.

There are a host of different areas, different monsters, different challenges, and different uses inside this dungeon. Good for all kinds of training, all kinds of skill-sets. Most of the time I just pop in to do puzzle boxes, but dont really hang about as I have so much to do in the average game day.

Just wondering what the general population thinks about this dungeon years after the "new dungeon smell" has worn off. hehe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Medusa, 2 champ spawns that drop scrolls with mobs too tough for a PKer, Slasher, Stygian Dragon, Navrey, and many things to kill for ingredients, puzzles, killing damn goblins.

Slimes and slugs for skilling pets.

The OP needs to get out more. Ord and an ord to go through the fields. Just need ord.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Medusa, 2 champ spawns that drop scrolls with mobs too tough for a PKer, Slasher, Stygian Dragon, Navrey, and many things to kill for ingredients, puzzles, killing damn goblins.

Slimes and slugs for skilling pets.

The OP needs to get out more. Ord and an ord to go through the fields. Just need ord.
You are talking about SA in general, not the Underworld. Underworld - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Personally I remember it as one of the best dungeons in game. I like how its very diverse with different areas. There are quite some cool quests in there, like the one yielding a goblin slayers. I trained at Slugs, I liked to run the way to Navrey until I got lazy and used the Navrey holes. All in all a pretty well thought out dungeon.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are talking about SA in general,
All those things are in the underworld. They may go to an inner dungeon but you can not get to them without going into the dungeon underworld. Also the mini spawns.

SA in general would include all the things around Ter Mer.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All those things are in the underworld. They may go to an inner dungeon but you can not get to them without going into the dungeon underworld. Also the mini spawns.

SA in general would include all the things around Ter Mer.
When you talk about Slasher or Medusa you are clearly talking of the Stygian Abyss The Stygian Abyss – Ultima Online. The underworld dungeon is the one I linked above. That's just the names. o_O

I personally like the Underworld dungeon more than the Stygian Abyss, since the Abyss seems just huge areas with little do to.

I used to take noobs I picked up in Haven to the Garamon quest in the Underworld. They always had a blast when I showed them the NPC actually reacted to those keywords and even more hunting the rest of the quest down. Good times :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A group of students where playing hide and seek on campus at 11pm. A passing professor, not knowing what he was seeing, quickly called campus police. Police soon arrived but were unable to find the students.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I thought they were the same thing since you can plant the seed in both.

I use both. One afk mostly. :)

I feel bad for shards that do not have the Public house by the tree. I thought you could walk from Underworld to Abyss if you knew how.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I thought they were the same thing since you can plant the seed in both.

I use both. One afk mostly. :)

I feel bad for shards that do not have the Public house by the tree. I thought you could walk from Underworld to Abyss if you knew how.
you can walk from underworld from the abyss, you go to the spot in the pic below and walk down the spiral path and Boom! you just walked from the underworld to the abyss.

upload_2019-2-26_18-44-21.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can walk from underworld
Thanks for confusing me more. That just makes them more the same area (to me) if you can walk from one to another. I am also unclear as to which one we are being polled on. The OP mentions the Fire Isle entry to underworld and the force field inside the Tomb of Kings which goes to Abyss. :confused:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is the king of tombs that you say "dungeon abyss" on the corrupted portal to arrive to, then there is the underworld that you say "Dungeon underworld" to arrive to. you can enter the subterranean "stygian abyss" where all the mini champs are like the stygian dragon, wyvern and slasher of veils are. you can walk down that staircase, and walk up by the pixie spawn, by the primeval Liche, past the slasher of veils then by the cavern of discarded, the devourer of souls spawn (or stygian dragon entrance) then go past the fire elemental renowned spwan and out the back and you come up in the tomb of Kings. you should be able to put a seed in all these areas to res at. i may have missed a spawn or two that you are required to walk by, but that is the main path.

here's a pic of what i mean

upload_2019-2-26_19-30-22.png

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya I do the mini Champs probably 5 times a week. Just trying to get some tinker legs to drop. There's lots of stuff to do in there.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you can walk from underworld from the abyss, you go to the spot in the pic below and walk down the spiral path and Boom! you just walked from the underworld to the abyss.

View attachment 95061
I have never been that deep in to the dungeon to see that horrid staircase to hell. :eek: Goodness! Just seeing that picture makes me want to panic... as if it was real.

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To clarify dungeon underworld is the fire island side everything above stairway including navery. Down the stairs through to the tomb of kings sparkles is dungeon abyss which requires one of 2 quests to gain entry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A group of students where playing hide and seek on campus at 11pm. A passing professor, not knowing what he was seeing, quickly called campus police. Police soon arrived but were unable to find the students.
the police must not have checked Moonglow for the students

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
there is so much to do lately, so I haven't been that active in going there...
Our guild goes to Navrey, but also to the fountain to try our chance with a lucky coin.
more often than not thou, its a pass thru to get to the goblin reknowned spawn...
or like last night we did the spawn at the bottom of the stairs...