• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Do you need gold??

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That bold announcement should be much more modest given the prices your offering. ;)

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well in fairness - his price for feathers isn't bad.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in fairness - his price for feathers isn't bad.
True, 8 gp each got it on my bazaar gathering list. The rest isn't worth selling resources at, certainly not worth going out after any of it.

Went rhough all the commodity shops, shoot most of them aren't even buying or selling.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, 8 gp each got it on my bazaar gathering list. The rest isn't worth selling resources at, certainly not worth going out after any of it.

Went rhough all the commodity shops, shoot most of them aren't even buying or selling.
Are there competing brokers? What I mean is, do new sieglets have another place to sell resources? I'm too lazy to check all the Magincia brokers.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just the bazaar or perhaps here on Stratics. I'm a Gatherer and have a Crafter to use what I get during hunting so I'm inclined to scoff at the stray few coins many offer for materials that take a lot of work to gather. :p

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Are there competing brokers? What I mean is, do new sieglets have another place to sell resources? I'm too lazy to check all the Magincia brokers.
What are you trying to sell? I love buying resources so I don't have to go farm them myself :) I just up my prices and put gold on my broker when I need the resources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
In all fairness as well. He has gold on his broker and helped me make gold to start when I first came here... quick gold and easy to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No offense to any bazaar owners, but that place has always been about the profit of the owner, not the benefit of the new player. A happy medium was never found.

PaulCH

Journeyman
I started recently on Siege (I think that I write this in every post :p) and was able to make over 500k by selling to the brokers so I know that it worked for me...if it was good for the broker's owner also then it sounds like a good deal to me.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For new players, its a way to generate some easier gold. Like anything else in life, there are good deals to be made depending on demand.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No offense to any bazaar owners, but that place has always been about the profit of the owner, not the benefit of the new player. A happy medium was never found.
That depend of how you look at it. If I can get my resources to low price, I can sell my suits to a price players can pay. If I need something right now, I will raise my prices, if I get more than I need, I will lower the prices.
I don't force anyone to sell to me and young players can have a vendor at New Travelers Inn, if they want better prices.