• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you care about Factions?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started a topic in UHall to try and shine a light on Factions. If a faction update would raise your interest in UO and make you play more, you should reply there. You should also tell all your faction friends to reply there. Maybe if we get something crazy like 500 replies the developers will wake up and realize factions is something many people want focused on.

Post your thoughts in this thread >>>>
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/239884-unhappy-1-year-anniversary.html <<<<< you will keep bumping it for everyone to see!

We may not all share the same opinion as to how factions has to be changed. But I think we can all agree that the developers need to focus on it and actually make some type of changes. That is the goal of this campaign, not to put forth any specific idea. I hope everyone who still reads this forum will put in their word.

You --> :twak: <-- Developer

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think its realy neccery . I mean its pointless .
Why, because we are not fighting for towns we are just fighting eachother.It is nice in the fact that it gives blues a nice way to pvp with out becomeing a red. Chaos vs Order would be cool one or the other would be fun .
But I guss mostly its a realy cool way to get nice items for cheap.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
do you honetlly think after we kicked the dev's in the nuts over their last attempt to fix factions that they are ever gonna come back to it?

no, i think the community made their bed and will now have to lay in it.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The developers designed and coded an entire new faction system then dropped it in our lap. What else was supposed to happen?

They did the same thing with Kingdom Reborn. They repeat the same development mistakes over and over again. Why redo everything, why not fix what is broken and add to it.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the proposed changes were absolutely terrible and it is easy to see why almost everyone was against it.

- Destroyed the history of the current 4 factions by removing them
- 3 generic factions created in their place
- bases as huge as a town that were like mazes
- no changes to the town capture mechanics
- reason for owning towns "to be added later"
- changing the scoring system

They decided to change everything without even discussing the most important thing: why do we capture towns, what is the reward.

The Bait Dangler

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
When faction artifacts first came out, it was one of the best things that had happened to PvP since I started playing. These artifacts gave great incentive to all players, even previously non-pvpers, to join factions, a PvP-based system. A lot of new faces began popping up in fel, which is just about the only thing a PvPer on UO wants: new competition. Unfortunately, this unbelievably over-powered system named imbuing came out soon after, allowing one to create a suit just as good without the use of faction artifacts.

As imbuing quickly became the standard, factions began to die out once again due to lack of incentive. Recently, (in the past 3-4 months) seeing an opposing faction player on the shard I play is a rarity. After all, if your suit is just as good as the faction player's, then why not take advantage of guard zone? rolleyes:

I realize this thread is about factions, so I will forgo listing how many ways imbuing ruined UO. Regarding the OP's question, asking whether or not you care about factions is to ask whether or not you care about PvP. If you are serious about PvP in UO, then you are in factions.

In response, I care about PvP so yes, I care about factions. In my opinion, without PvP UO is just another bad MMO that advocates mediocrity and discourages competition (i.e. WoW). Put simply, once imbuing came out a new incentive to join factions needed to be added in order to keep it alive. A little advice for the devs: whenever you plan on adding something to the game, ask yourself "What is this going to destroy?".

L

LoL/Sonoma

I'm not a pvper. so to me as a player, time spent on developing factions is time wasted. They could be developing something that a larger percentage of the population would get use out of (assuming, of course, the emptyness of fel is an indicator of the average player's interest in PvP, which it might not be).

That said, if the devs have done the research to show that a large enough portion of the playerbase (not the stratics forums user base) want development on PvP or factions, then i'm all for it. Anything that keeps people happy and playing UO.

... now if they could just convince PvPers to actually act human to one another and not grief, then they might actually get more people involved in PvP :)

The Bait Dangler

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
... now if they could just convince PvPers to actually act human to one another and not grief, then they might actually get more people involved in PvP :)
I'm sorry, but that is just a whiny excuse people make for not participating in PvP. I have read posts on stratics pretty regularly over the past year, and the way people treat each other here is not much of a stretch from the way us non-humans do in PvP, the only difference being there is censorship present on stratics. Also, the only way to get griefed in PvP is by allowing yourself to be griefed. Nobody is forcing you to rez, go to that same location, etc.

Try looking at trash talk in a different way. The way I see it, trash talk changes the level of satisfaction after winning (or dissatisfaction if losing) a fight. Winning a fight in the absence of trash talk is like winning a 5 hour game of chess, whereas winning a fight against that loud mouth guild you've always fought with is like winning the super bowl (in UO terms).

Again, PvP is all about incentive. If you don't give your opponent a reason to want to beat you, then it is less likely you get a good fight. Yes, I am sure there are players who talk trash because they actually do have a UO ego, but keep in mind this is not true for everyone who talks trash. I do it simply because it makes PvP more fun, nothing more.

That being said, I realize that talking trash as an incentive to PvP is somewhat pathetic, but it has been made crystal clear by the dev team that they have no interest in encouraging PvP, so it is up to the players to do so.

Believe it or not, UO still has the best PvP system in an MMO to date. It is a complete tragedy that the majority of the player base is too blind to see that. I guarantee anyone who claims to not like PvP in UO is firstly bad at it, and secondly not given it more effort than going to yew gate, getting owned, and saying "This sucks I quit".

L

LoL/Sonoma

I'd believe that UO has good PvP. I enjoyed it the few times i've done it against friends for fun.

But i'm not a competitive person when i play video games, i get enough of that at work, so to each their own.

Trash talk could be an incentive for some and what keeps others away.

Also, i dont see where i whined. I stated why i dont pvp. You dont have to agree.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo is right. They won't come talk to us cause we treated them like greasy monkey sh1t we stepped in just before walking in the office door.

Regardless of whether we agree with their changes or not, there was no reason to be as completely discourteous as we were. True having an inkling of how we use the system might be better before stating that "changes" are going to happen when what is going to happen is a complete replacement that keeps one or two key elements.

I commented in the other thread. They have no interest in this at this time. That was obvious in the update video. And I'd rather have them do what they already have planned and do it well, so they might have some idea how to approach this later and do IT well.

We owe that fairly newly married and young father an apology. I sure hope he expresses disapproval better than we did.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do you honetlly think after we kicked the dev's in the nuts over their last attempt to fix factions that they are ever gonna come back to it?

no, i think the community made their bed and will now have to lay in it.
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIITTT A SECOND...

Whoa... Wait. Whoa whoa whoa wait. Hang on, Hold Up time out.

Who made the bed? I'm confused.

Did we say "hey dev can u **** up our point system?" or "excuse me dev, these 10 hour sig timers are working good, can you lower the corruption timer to 4 hours so everyone quits the game and ruins the already small faction population?" or "hey, can you waste your time and our money on a jacked up half ass COMPLETELY new faction system?".

The effort was great... in putting together a big pile of ****. I commend what ever the guys name was who did it, but I still say he should be euthanized for not doing his research. I like to think the person in his position should know a) wtf hes doing and/or b) wtf hes doing. He didn't. He was way off. He pulled off the greatest all time epic wtfailshootmeplz in the history of MMOs and it was so bad I was embarrassed for him.

Last I ****ing check we asked for them to fix jacked up parts of the factions. God forbid them adding simple new **** like a different type of ****ing vendor. For **** sake Poo. Who made this bed of nails we're forced to lay in?

I'm under the impression you were drunk when you typed that post up. That or just held at gun point by one of the devs. Cause that post needs to be un-****ed quick fast and in a hurry.

Bottom line, we have been getting ignored and shafted by these devs and they OWE US... BIG.. Don't say that ****. We didn't **** up the factions. We've been literally asking for bug fixes for 8 years now. The same ****ing bug fixes for 8 mother ****ing years. For **** sake. Holy ****. WTF are you talking about dude.

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a pvper. so to me as a player, time spent on developing factions is time wasted. They could be developing something that a larger percentage of the population would get use out of (assuming, of course, the emptyness of fel is an indicator of the average player's interest in PvP, which it might not be).

That said, if the devs have done the research to show that a large enough portion of the playerbase (not the stratics forums user base) want development on PvP or factions, then i'm all for it. Anything that keeps people happy and playing UO.

Well you don't have to worry about it because you can obviously tell that they don't spend the time on fixing the factions.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo is right. They won't come talk to us cause we treated them like greasy monkey sh1t we stepped in just before walking in the office door.

Regardless of whether we agree with their changes or not, there was no reason to be as completely discourteous as we were. True having an inkling of how we use the system might be better before stating that "changes" are going to happen when what is going to happen is a complete replacement that keeps one or two key elements.

I commented in the other thread. They have no interest in this at this time. That was obvious in the update video. And I'd rather have them do what they already have planned and do it well, so they might have some idea how to approach this later and do IT well.

We owe that fairly newly married and young father an apology. I sure hope he expresses disapproval better than we did.
They deserved it. They are soooo bad at their job its not even funny.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... now if they could just convince PvPers to actually act human to one another and not grief, then they might actually get more people involved in PvP .
Im going to post this in my PvP thread complaints . This sums it up right here,this gives me hopes for all devs .Its realy a social problem is'nt?
Let me hatch this out here. Its mainly the abilty to gank each other to have 3 vs 1 Mages being mad at dexxers ,dexxers being jeloues of the favortism offred to Mages. YOu know every single PvP mage must be running 70 dci to beat the cap .Well most,then some add bushido to the mix.I would worship the guy that can single handly bring one down on a pure dexxer char :bowdown::popcorn: Even though some one did make a point about its being multi player game masive style.I get that point ! But it still a form of Grief giveing .

PvP effects all of tram anways , I think a lot of the limmits give to chars have been a direct resulat of PvP ,tram is a direct result of players giveing greif. Factions is a way to get cheap items. Factions is a way for blue players to kill with out conesqunce !
Bring back oder and chaos !!!!
Ramble Ramble Ramble!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIITTT A SECOND...

Whoa... Wait. Whoa whoa whoa wait. Hang on, Hold Up time out.

Who made the bed? I'm confused.

Did we say "hey dev can u **** up our point system?" or "excuse me dev, these 10 hour sig timers are working good, can you lower the corruption timer to 4 hours so everyone quits the game and ruins the already small faction population?" or "hey, can you waste your time and our money on a jacked up half ass COMPLETELY new faction system?".

The effort was great... in putting together a big pile of ****. I commend what ever the guys name was who did it, but I still say he should be euthanized for not doing his research. I like to think the person in his position should know a) wtf hes doing and/or b) wtf hes doing. He didn't. He was way off. He pulled off the greatest all time epic wtfailshootmeplz in the history of MMOs and it was so bad I was embarrassed for him.

Last I ****ing check we asked for them to fix jacked up parts of the factions. God forbid them adding simple new **** like a different type of ****ing vendor. For **** sake Poo. Who made this bed of nails we're forced to lay in?

I'm under the impression you were drunk when you typed that post up. That or just held at gun point by one of the devs. Cause that post needs to be un-****ed quick fast and in a hurry.

Bottom line, we have been getting ignored and shafted by these devs and they OWE US... BIG.. Don't say that ****. We didn't **** up the factions. We've been literally asking for bug fixes for 8 years now. The same ****ing bug fixes for 8 mother ****ing years. For **** sake. Holy ****. WTF are you talking about dude.

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
What he said!! Welcome back Cardell, I have missed you and your post!:danceb:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What he said!! Welcome back Cardell, I have missed you and your post!:danceb:
I got yelled at by the mods.. Stupid mods. What happened to Kelmo. I'd rather get yelled at by him than these new ppl.

And good to see you too!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*yells* Better?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you do everyone who replied. Hopefully more responses will trickle in over time and the thread will keep getting bumped. It probably helps this forum is very slow moving, so many people who care about Factions will see this topic and then go reply to the UHall one.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I got yelled at by the mods.. Stupid mods. What happened to Kelmo. I'd rather get yelled at by him than these new ppl.

And good to see you too!
did you actually get yelled at by someone?

thats funny, hehe.

considering IM the one who caught the brunt of that prison shower scene!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You get yelled at LOL, imagin that! Stratics policy changed a bit on the way you are allowed to address statements in threads, so you must play nice now!

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do I care about factions, yes. Sadly I do.
Personally, I feel like since they came out with all those changes based on possibly no feedback at all from faction players. The fact they refuse to work on it now is a cop out. I kinda feel like they owe it to us now. Factions, focus groups, real feedback, and a factions booster. With the booster system in place they have a great excuse to single out factions and work on them now.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is great feedback Cear, but the developers will never see it because they don't use this forum. Be sure to post it in the UHall thread where they will!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I feel like since they came out with all those changes based on possibly no feedback at all from faction players. The fact they refuse to work on it now is a cop out. I kinda feel like they owe it to us now. Factions, focus groups, real feedback, and a factions booster. With the booster system in place they have a great excuse to single out factions and work on them now.
word!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Word.

*flashes faction gang sign*

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't enjoy factions. I played faction on sonoma about 4-5 years ago, I was in Com and I got owned..lol. But there was no beefed up armor or special items that I remember. It was really rare to see an oj. But the reason I don't like faction is I have felt a shift in how people play since this faction "craze" came out. People are faster then ever now, they run away as soon as they take damage, they all have ninja now just for animal forms (smart but still almost every faction temp i see has 80 points minimum in ninja). They won't fight if they are outnumbered or go into stat. Everyone is a ninja/stealther now too because this allows them to "kill shot people into stat" and also makes them much harder to kill because they can hide/run away etc. So to me what is the point? An extra couple mana regen and some higher resists/mods? Oh right you can make insanely modded armor suits because of the souped up gear and you can go to new shards and play there now because you get all the high end items for free. Remember when inquis cost you your soul? (lol) Hmm now I can have as many pairs as I want for free AND they are better then the real ones! How awesome is this....

I had more fun on Great Lakes fighting non faction for several hours at a time then I have had anywhere else fighting in faction...ever. I understand the "clear winner" arguement but to me I don't care about winning I want a badass fight that pushes me to my limit, not a 20 minute time out when I mess up and/or chasing a guy all across UO.

I think faction really is just a way for people to "rank" themselves and feel awesome because they have 198123123441232 points, and that means they are a badass.

I do think faction horses are amazing tho and that alone makes me keep a guy or two in faction. But overall I think it is changing the pvp too much, making people act like wussys and then cry for 20 minutes everytime they get stat'd. I'd rather fight for 2 hours and loose.

So to me no I dont give a crap about factions I think it is turning pvp into a whos faster and who has more people situation. I know some guys play in stat but the majority do not and that pisses me off. I don't like the fight to end I like to fight until you get sick of death.

Just my 2 cents, rip me apart now :D

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the proposed changes were absolutely terrible and it is easy to see why almost everyone was against it.

- Destroyed the history of the current 4 factions by removing them
- 3 generic factions created in their place
- bases as huge as a town that were like mazes
- no changes to the town capture mechanics
- reason for owning towns "to be added later"
- changing the scoring system

They decided to change everything without even discussing the most important thing: why do we capture towns, what is the reward.
Regarding to your so called most important thing, if you could possibly find out my post LONG LONG time ago, I did suggest some idea about the reward and entertainment/purpose for capturing a town

not sure where that post now, maybe you can check in this faction forum to find.. i cant find it..

Basically the idea is something like this:-

Faction Sigil Corruption System:-

1. Seperate the corruption into 2 stages
2. 1st stage of corruption = 10 hours
3. 2nd stage of corruption = additional 2 hours

2nd stage of corruption will be announced by TOWN criers (for the specific time).

For example, Minax corrupted the 1st stage 10 hours (on Monday)

2nd stage will automatically takes place (on Tuesday) 7:30pm to 9:30pm [meaning this 3 hours; there will be high possibilities that other factions will come take the sigils from Minax because it is well announced]

If Minax success in defending (or no one raid), they will corrupted the 2nd stage immediately. The sigils will then be automatically placed in the corrupted towns monlith. The timer then begins for 3 days of the corruption for Minax of those captured towns.

Special Event/Reward:

say for example, Minax corrupted all 7 towns:-

Britain
Trinsic
Moonglow
Yew
Skara Brae
Minoc
Vesper

[they will hold the towns for 3 days; {Wednesday, Thursday and Friday} on Saturday server up, the towns will be NEUTRAL again {no one will be controlling those}

So here's the good part Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

Wednesday (1 of the 7 captured towns) will be have special event:-

Thursday (1 of the other 6 captured towns) will have special event:-

Friday (1 of the other 5 captured towns) will have special event:-

UP TO HERE, anyone understand what I am talking about?

So what about the special event? Each day {9:45pm to 10:45pm}

Special event #1 could be - 1 v 1 pvp tournament Minax(since minax captured the town) faction pvp tournament - reward would be a temporarily uber armor piece/jewelry/weapon or whatever for that winner for 3 days only [after 3 days it will say bye bye]

Special event #2 could be - guarding wagons from say Britain to Trinsic (for example) for the Minax faction to send resource to its captured town

{during this faction message will announce worldwide and then town criers will also inform the locations ex. 50'N 30'E.... of the wagon}

Goal: Protect the wagon (for minax)
Goal: destroy the wagon (for other factions)

Reward for minax if succeed in protect wagon to final destination: random reward such as large portion of silver coins popped into the bank/bag of each participants of Minax

Reward for other factions if succeed in destroy wagon (those who done highest damage to the wagon) for example TB done the most damage = the reward TB will get (reward are same as what minax is getting on the above

Mission fail and all factions dont have reward = minax fail to send the wagon to destination and other factions fail to destroy wagon before the timer runs out

Wagon disappear once timer (1 hour) runs out.

Special Event #3

Could be any imagination you guys could think of...

Anyways, just part of my many ideas from before, I will stop from here first.

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think for me Factions is just pointless right now.

It all boils down to who has the larger guild with the most active players.

It gets dull real fast always getting beat by a select few on the opposing side especially when you are the only one in your faction that is online.

Back in the day we have a great system. Order/Chaos it was simple and effective but had a few quirks that needed to be addressed. But for the most part it was anytime anywhere combat. Nothing was safe, but there was no real reward for participating other then the satisfaction of demolishing your opponents.

Then they added factions, Ok we thought it was kewl at first but then it seemed pointless when people stopped trying to take over towns and just pvped all day long.

Then they revamped it with "artifactions" which again renewed some interest and people started participating again. But again it became pointless and more people stopped doing it.

Right now I see a handful of players doing factions mostly Minax and TB, barely see any SL or COM at all. Most of them are just PVP fanboys who want to play with the kewl artifacts and be "leet" like the other kids.

Its just a pointless system now and should be revamped or reverted back to Order/Chaos!!

T

Tm84

Faction is the main reason that i play. PVE is boring it's the same thing over and over.. and over.. and over.... and over...
Faction however should be taken down to 3-factions OR go back to Order vs Chaos

add in some things such as a PROGRESSIVE pvp and not so much about GEAR or RANK. Towns are a good thing to capture but who is really up at 5am waiting for the sigil to be captured?... about 5% of the population are on and only .02% is actually waiting for the sigil to be taken. These numbers are not by any means accurate just stating how it is.
A change in time for sigils needs to be change to when population of the server is at PEAK hours
A better BONUS of town capture incentives other then vendors that rarely gets used

How bout something like "FOG of WAR" where towers can be put in place and be able to capture for "radar" type warning of enemy in an area if seen in it's X-grids for faction members

Maybe better resource mining in tower locations like a 2x increase in mining or .5 more,

faction guards should be stronger. able to put up a good fight vs any 1-opponent

Granted the champ spawns are where the fights mostly at or something of the same but that too is based on gear or items

a better warning system needs to be put in place

a faction chat would be great

and murderers can't be in faction.... military are suppose to hunt down murders in the name of the king... so why have them?

just my 2cents on what can be done to improve the pvp faction game.

T

Tm84

Faction is the main reason that i play. PVE is boring it's the same thing over and over.. and over.. and over.... and over...
Faction however should be taken down to 3-factions OR go back to Order vs Chaos

add in some things such as a PROGRESSIVE pvp and not so much about GEAR or RANK. Towns are a good thing to capture but who is really up at 5am waiting for the sigil to be captured?... about 5% of the population are on and only .02% is actually waiting for the sigil to be taken. These numbers are not by any means accurate just stating how it is.
A change in time for sigils needs to be change to when population of the server is at PEAK hours
A better BONUS of town capture incentives other then vendors that rarely gets used

How bout something like "FOG of WAR" where towers can be put in place and be able to capture for "radar" type warning of enemy in an area if seen in it's X-grids for faction members

Maybe better resource mining in tower locations like a 2x increase in mining or .5 more,

faction guards should be stronger. able to put up a good fight vs any 1-opponent

Granted the champ spawns are where the fights mostly at or something of the same but that too is based on gear or items

a better warning system needs to be put in place

a faction chat would be great

and murderers can't be in faction.... military are suppose to hunt down murders in the name of the king... so why have them?

just my 2cents on what can be done to improve the pvp faction game.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for asking the question, JC.... no, I don't, at all, but a whole lot of people must 'cause the first 20 posts on UHall this morning concern some aspect of factions

disregard all that, I somehow managed to click on the factions forum instead of UHall..... heading for another cup of coffee now, thank you

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES I care... the only driving force that gets me to play UO instead of Diablo 3 / BF3 is UO's PvP. It's the PvP I look forward too, it's the PvP that causes that itch to log on ANY time I'm the slightest bit borred, or even to grind PvM stuff so I can have some specific item I deem necessary to PvP. Like JC said, what factions needs is a REASON to be in them heh. Honestly the only reason any PvP'er does anyting (IMO) is because it will give him an advantage over someone else. Sooooooo...... Make ACTIVE participation in Factions grant PvP oriented advantages to Mid to higher ranked members. Just as quick idea or two but....

*Bonus Regens
*Bonus HCI / DCI
*Shorter Statloss based on Rank?
*Perhaps some way to "BURN" punkte for a stated advantage for a given period of time? 1 punkte = 5% HCI / DCI for a Day etc?

Anyway.. just quick ideas... if you don't like em I spent 2 minutes thinking heh. Anyway I agree that FACTIONS needs love.. Give me an REASON to be in them!

THX.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is an old thread. But I played factions for nearly a decade. While I still have characters in factions, I no longer play those characters. Wish I had a reason to.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm in the same boat.
It's hard to get motivated some times.

I did however see a nice faction defending and attacks going on on GL last weekend.
Just in case your GL friendly.

H

holumer

I have been playing since about 1998 or so. I have quite and come back 3 times. But every time I come back I want to faction fight..

FACTIONS IS awsome!!!!!

i agree.. tweek them, change them, make them worth playing so others will play...

drop stat loss to 5 or 10 minutes.

put forts to take in trammel

add bonuses for taking all the towns, something similar to a full set of armor bonus.

make it to where only faction players can buy from faction vendors and only the faction that controls the towns.

there are a ton of changes that can be implimented...

town loyalty can be tied into the faction system...

cmon devs!!