• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you believe that aliens visit the Earth?

Do you Believe that aliens visit the Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Uncertain... need more proof

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't deny the existence of other life out there, I figure if this universe is as vast and unending as they say, there's bound to be another planet out there supporting life. As to them visiting us here, I'd like to believe the have, (because that would leave the possibility of me being able to live a life like something out of a Star Wars movie open) but I doubt it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll have to say that we'd be pretty arrogant to think there is no possibility of life outside our own galaxy.

Add to that the fact that one thing the Roman Catholic and Judean churches have been pretty good about is record keeping. Now I'll say I'm not much of a religious person but I won't deny them their props on keeping records.

Here's an example.

Both Elijah is taken by a chariot of Fire as described in the book of Kings (2:11)

To be honest there are no less than 7 UFO sightings in the Bible....a Chariot at the time was used to describe any form of conveyance that wasn't walking or riding..... That many references can't be ignored. Psalms 68:17 mentions a myriad of thousands of Flying Chariots...(20,000)

During the 40 year Exodus Moses and the tribes of Israel followed a pillar of clouds by day and a pillar of flame by night to guide them through the desert.....

It's just improbable to think that not only have we not been visited but further more that we haven't at some point been educated by otherworldly visitors. How did the peoples that drew out the Lines of Nazca know what they would look like from overhead? and were able to lay them out with such precision?

What about crop circles? take a look at these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkS6JkRwJYI
How could people lay them out with such precision in the middle of the night and not be seen? Considering those were filmed over a 4 day period all of those showed up in a short period....how could people Not get noticed hopping from field to field...

So not only do I believe they have visited earth I believe they like screwing with our heads....

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being a Roman Catholic who does practice her faith, this question is something I've asked myself a few times. Personally, I've not had much problem in believing that if God created us, why couldn't we believe He could also create beings on other planets. Even if those other planets aren't like earth, their bodies could be made for living on that said planet. Recently, I read an article on the Vatican saying it's OK for Catholics to believe in aliens. Here's just a little copy/paste from that article and I think it makes a lot of sense.

VATICAN CITY — There could be alien life forms and believing they exist isn't contradictory to having faith in God, the top astronomer at the Vatican said in an interview published Tuesday.

In the Vatican newspaper piece, titled "The Extraterrestrial Is My Brother," the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes said the expansiveness of the universe means there could be life on planets other than Earth.

"In my opinion this possibility exists," Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory, told L'Osservatore Romano. "Astronomers believe the universe is made up of 100 billion galaxies, each of which consists of 100 billion stars. ... Life forms could exist in theory even without oxygen or hydrogen."

Funes said that there might even be other intelligent life out there, but believing in its existence doesn't pose a problem for those of the Catholic faith.

"It is possible. So far we have no proof. But certainly in a universe so big we can not exclude this hypothesis," he told the paper.

"As there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, so there may be other beings, intelligent, created by God. This does not conflict with our faith, because we cannot put limits on the creative freedom of God."

The last paragraph is what sums up how I feel on the subject. Nuff said. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read an article on the Vatican saying it's OK for Catholics to believe in aliens.
Mama, don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to bash you or your faith by saying this, but that's one of the biggest problems I have with religion. Who are they to tell you what you can and can't believe.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Black Sun, I'm ok with you saying that because you don't know the type of person I am. I'm quite the independent thinker but many aren't. Even before the Vatican came out with that statement, I had already made my own mind up as to what God could do so that copy/paste I did was meant to be more of a reinforcement as to my own belief. :) Insofar as not liking religion because they tell you what you can and can't do? I can see how many construe it as such but once again, I fall to my own ethical and moral system. An ethical person knows they shouldn't do that, a moral person wouldn't do that. :scholar:

But I digress......back to aliens. *wink*

A

Az of DSR

In ancient times our modern scope of the universe would have been unthinkable....

I would assume the further we look into the stars the same trends will hold.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read an article on the Vatican saying it's OK for Catholics to believe in aliens.
Mama, don't take this the wrong way, because I'm not trying to bash you or your faith by saying this, but that's one of the biggest problems I have with religion. Who are they to tell you what you can and can't believe.

its really just someone telling you not to feel bad if you think that. i mean the pope is someone they look up to.

L

Locker

While it may be arrogant to think we are the only planet in the Universe that's supports life (very possible imo) the odds of their being life on another planet, it being advanced enough to get here somehow from "there" and actually finding us and wanting to come here for some reason are VERY, VERY slim.

So no, I don't believe aliens visit the Earth unless you count microbes on meteors or whatever.

Peace,

Locker

T

Tycolby

So take our Galaxy with a 1,000,000,000 suns. 100,000,000 of them have planets that orbits them. Out of them a 1,000,000 have been able to support life. 100,000 actually did evolve life. 10,000 would evolve life of being able to achieve thought and some day reach out into space. And thats just our Galaxy. Not including the over 4 billion galaxies out there

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually if you believe the universe is a large as some claim then probability suggest there would be several other planets with intelligent life. Many behind us and many ahead of us from a evolutionary view. As for the religious view if you believe your God (I'm christian myself) made this entire universe just for this one small planet doesnt it seem like a big waste of space and effort on his part for it to be just this one place in everything. Even the bible says he had to take a rest from his work on the seventh day, so creating everything must have been a large task even for him. But cmon he did just create EVERYTHING.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Actually if you believe the universe is a large as some claim then probability suggest there would be several other planets with intelligent life. Many behind us and many ahead of us from a evolutionary view. As for the religious view if you believe your God (I'm christian myself) made this entire universe just for this one small planet doesnt it seem like a big waste of space and effort on his part for it to be just this one place in everything. Even the bible says he had to take a rest from his work on the seventh day, so creating everything must have been a large task even for him. But cmon he did just create EVERYTHING.

Lets add in the theories of alternate realities, and alternate time streams....

M

MercyMixed

Believe it or not , I once had a Pastor ask me if I thought there were aliens and my response was "I don't know, and I have never seen one, but if they are as ancient history reports, they have been here a long time. If they have been here sense BC then and have not destroyed us why bother hunting them down?"

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for voting and posting... I was just curious who believes that we have been visited from other Life Forms.

I watch the history channel alot (maybe too much), and some of the shows they run on the history channel I take with a grain of salt, but every once and a while they will run something that just blows your mind on certain subjects and it's hard not to believe that there may be something out there in space watching us.

It's makes it better when I find I'm not the only person who has questions about what all the World Governments know about UFOs and what not, and I wonder if an Alien space craft was to land in my backyard would I have enough guts to climb inside and say "set course captian, show me the Universe".

K

Kazar

I think there is life on other worlds and we probably have been visited. Some may have even stayed here. My next door neighbor has me wondering at times! lol