• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you agree with paying 114k in taxes for our Gov?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This problem wouldn't have ever happened if people who knew from Day 1 that they couldn't afford a behemoth of a house, had never tried to live above their means. Everyone wants a piece of the American Dream, to own their own home, etc....but don't abandon your common sense during your search.
Yup this quote and the one above it...I completely agree with. Living on credit cards and buying stuff that a person REALLY couldn't afford in the first place. Not to mention, shady practices by some banking institutions which have now shut down.

N

Nestorius

This problem wouldn't have ever happened if people who knew from Day 1 that they couldn't afford a behemoth of a house, had never tried to live above their means. Everyone wants a piece of the American Dream, to own their own home, etc....but don't abandon your common sense during your search.
Or people went ahead and got mortgages, trusting in good faith the advice of their bankers and financial advisers, and when they realized they were screwed into some debt-slavery rip-off game, walked away.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or people went ahead and got mortgages, trusting in good faith the advice of their bankers and financial advisers, and when they realized they were screwed into some debt-slavery rip-off game, walked away.

The fact is overnight all the banks hiked unlocked mortgages. This happened to me. I was paying 378, and 480 for 2 houses. They jacked the rates over double. With this and the cost of insurance my family and I could not afford. So we had to give the houses up. Luckily we got a depth of forgiveness on both houses.

If you all want to know how this world actually operates. I suggest going to http://www.infowars.com[url/] and l... will blow you away. All facts, no theories.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact is overnight all the banks hiked unlocked mortgages. This happened to me. I was paying 378, and 480 for 2 houses. They jacked the rates over double. With this and the cost of insurance my family and I could not afford. So we had to give the houses up. Luckily we got a depth of forgiveness on both houses.

If you all want to know how this world actually operates. I suggest going to http://www.infowars.com[url/] and l...se, but Alex Jones is? An economist or what?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two suggestions, Lefty, though a bit late.

1. Don't be a moron and overextend yourself by owning two homes you can't pay for if something happens to your finances and

2. Don't get an adjustable rate mortgage, because of COURSE the rate is going to skyrocket at some point. That's the POINT of an ARM.

H

Hanna

Two suggestions, Lefty, though a bit late.

1. Don't be a moron and overextend yourself by owning two homes you can't pay for if something happens to your finances and

2. Don't get an adjustable rate mortgage, because of COURSE the rate is going to skyrocket at some point. That's the POINT of an ARM.
Wow something I agree with Aran on.

S

SUPRsalad

Its all very simple, listen to prof. salad, for I have all the answers:

1. What we have here, is a giant **** sandwich, and were all going to have to take a bite.
2. We're all pretty much ****ed, and its not really anyone's fault but our own.
3. Political finger-pointing will not make the **** sandwich disappear.
4. The following things won't help you take a bite of the **** sandwich: Your SUV, your blackberry, your internet, your speedhacks, your god, fox news, your boat, your trophy wife, your degree in underwater basket weaving or chart coloring, and especially, not your president.
5. If you are not: old, fat, ignorant, lazy, stupid, weak, or incompetent,
your bite will be significantly smaller.
6. democrats and republicans are both equally worthless.
7. guns are awesome, and when the grocery stores don't sell food anymore,
ill use them to shoot at anyone that wants my food:thumbsup:
8. playing too much uo, running your 500w cpu, and ranting in a game forum probably won't help either.
9. If the **** sandwich is just too scary to look at, and your soft, pink little hands are quite up to it, you should just put a bag over your head, and lay down.
and finally,
10. Your 'merican dream' is what made the **** sandwich in the first place.
Now both of you (R&D) eat it.

'your fear of death is what limits you'
- i said that

S

SUPRsalad

oh god, and i almost forgot about the 'tea party'..

aka, uneducated, racist, and vigilant white trash unites! ...to do.. ab so lute ly,
NOTHING! Yaaaay! I liked how it was on a WORK DAY nonetheless. Now thats 'merican of you.

So let me get this strait, bush party scams themselves into office not once, but twice, to **** everything up and you're okay with it? A 'black dude' gets into office for fifteen minutes and you revolt?

How INCREDIBLY un-American.

Just because you say things like 'freedom' or 'merica' or have lots of red white and blue accessories, doesn't mean you know **** about ****, or add inches to your ****, nor does it make your more american.

edit: I wanna take a stab at the democrats too, even though their not quite as dumb and obnoxious:

1Your hybrid prius isn't going to save you, and it doesn't make you better than anyone, nor does your mac.
2Your streetbike and spandex suit don't make you better than anyone either, in fact, you look ridiculous.
3Because you saw a fist-full of good sundance documentaries, does not mean you know what the **** you are talking about.
4Because you read Howard Zinn, does not make you an authority.
5You are no better than the man you hate. In fact, you are the man, you just do it differently and stifle your own agendas with your pretentiousness and inability to communicate with half the members of your own country.
6. Because you eat organic/vegetarian/vegan, it does not mean you're a better person, and it doesn't mean you are helping anything at all.
7. Yoga does not make you a better person.
8. 'Save Tibet' bumper sticker, does not actually do what it says.
9. Contrary to popular belief, the world actually exists outdoors, and they do not have a/c, and they do not serve starbucks.
and finally
10. Your 'down to earth' bs is just as bad as the 'good old boy' persona. Both equally as deceptive as the other. Dumb Hippies, we know you're loaded.. All you 'good ol boys', we know you're homophobic, mean, and racist as ****.

Your associates degree in 'other peoples ideas' doesn't make you smart, nor does it make you competent.

S

SUPRsalad

You said the same thing you said in the other thread? How incredibly predictable. I'll go ahead and reiterate my two cents on aran too as I have been watching him for a while now:

Worthless limp wristed little worm, who has nothing good to say about anything at all.
I've known people like you before.
Trolls all day to look for a place to squat and pee, and generally misses his target.
Great people talk about ideas.
Average people talk about great peoples ideas.
worms like aran? They just talk about other people.

Y

Yalp

Does 6 million ppl on the national Tea party Day mean we got the numbers wrong?
6 Million? Sorry the actual facts do not support your hyperbole. Across the country it didn't equal more than 600,000. Inflating, exaggerating and outright making up facts, doesn't make your position stronger.

Your figure does not include:

1) Payroll taxes, SSI, FICA, or State Tax that people who get a job because of the Stimulus will pay
2) The Sales Taxes the states will be collecting, because of the money spent by those who have a new job will be paying when they buy things... like non-discretionary spending such as food and gas, and mostly discretionary spending like new homes, electronics, and vacationing.
3) Because people who have a job will be able to send their children to college, it does not account for the increased production/salaries of those children with degrees as they enter the work force.
4) If we ended the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and cut the defense budget by a mere 20% (operating budget not personnel budget) that would almost be a zero sum gain.