• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do OSI owned IDOCS always refresh?

G

Gilthas0130

yep, It refresh at the last possible moment.
hope you havn't been watchin to long lol.

F

Fayled Dhreams

sometimes ... KB
If a house "In Danger of Collapsing" has vendors in it at the time of collapse, it will enter a "Demolition Pending" phase and appear as being owned by OSI. This phase can last as long as it takes for all vendor rental contracts to expire, plus 9 days for the vendor owners to retrieve the items from their expired vendors. During this period, the house decay status may be automatically refreshed several times to keep the house from collapsing.

*shrugs*
Dunno IF the vendor-owners can clear their gear and effect the cycle

C

Clx-

An 'Owned by OSI' castle fell on Drachenfels 4-5 months ago. That's the only one i've seen fall in a long time though.

I

imported_Hanna

I think anyhouse in OSI owned status for more than 2 months should just be blown up not droped.

G

Depends
lol sorry but it's true it depends on the reason why it went OSI owned. There's a few on Cats that have been OSI owned for years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

sometimes ... KB
If a house "In Danger of Collapsing" has vendors in it at the time of collapse, it will enter a "Demolition Pending" phase and appear as being owned by OSI. This phase can last as long as it takes for all vendor rental contracts to expire, plus 9 days for the vendor owners to retrieve the items from their expired vendors. During this period, the house decay status may be automatically refreshed several times to keep the house from collapsing.

*shrugs*
Dunno IF the vendor-owners can clear their gear and effect the cycle

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I am confused. The UO playguide says:

<blockquote><hr>

A house also cannot be demolished as long as it has any legacy vendor inventory that has yet to be claimed by their owners. If the vendor owner doesn't claim their items within the 3-day grace period, the owner of the house will be able to take possession of the items and then demolish the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The EA KB article mentions 9 days after vendor contract expires in the case of pending demolition from inactive account. Where does this 3 days come into play? Is it only for the "terminate contract" option which it says BOTH parties must be present and agree to? (If so that is VERY unclear in the playguide article).

When vendors leave normally, through non-renewed contracts, the playguide says the vendor owner has 7 days to claim inventory after which it goes to the moving crate and is accessible to the owner.

-Skylark

G

Throw all the rules out for IDOCs when you are talking about vendors, and I only say this from many many many experiences, and once I think I have it figured out they screw me up all again. First thing you must take into consideration with IDOCs and vendor is are the vendors owned by the house owner? If they are owned by the house owner then the house will fall in the normal cycle....maybe. The only thing you can count on with IDOC houses and vendors is that they will more than likely fall at the most inopportune time. After they go through the stages of Decay one time and they refresh, they can fall at any time.

G

Skylark, the one Fayled quoted is for IDOC houses and the one you quoted is for when a player wants to demolish their house.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I watched a house go from IDOC to OSI and it never had vendors. I know this because i use to block his steps before i moved.