• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Do not share your account email

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not share your account email with anyone! Don't post it on stratics, don't use it for your paypal address, don't use it to register for other websites, etc. etc. Don't use same email for all your dozens of accounts. JUST GO MAKE A BRAND NEW EMAIL FOR EACH ACCOUNT YOU OWN. Write it down in your notebook at home somewhere if you are afraid that you will forget it (really you don't even need it unless you were to for some strange reason forget your password).

It's frustrating to keep seeing people getting hacked due to this very avoidable reason.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly tomas! i'm 99% positive the reason i got hacked was because my paypal account and my uo account (that got hacked) shared the same email address. i now have a new email account for each UO account, which won't be used for anything else. also, don't be stupid like i was and keep an email archive containing account information...

good post, people really need to be aware of this!