• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do IDOC"S actually poof your pet?

G

I was reading that it isn't a good idea to take your beetle to a IDOC as the fall of the house may poof your pet. Has anyone had this happen to them? The last idoc I was at there were 4 pets inside unmounted. I never stuck around to see what happened when it fell.

G

I've never had this happen to me, and I've camped inside idocs with my pet next to me.

F

Flanuva101

I have never had this happen personally, but i have heard of it happening. I have also seen pets wonder around after the house falls and not follow.

E

eolsunder1

I had a Idoc wipe out 2 pack horsies before, but that was one time only and I haven't had any problems since.

But it did distroy 2 packies i had in tow to load up stuff in.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does happen but rarely

i always leave my pets outside when i am inside, but have the all follow me active, so as soon at the house falls they are on their little toes to come get me

usually only have to wait a few secs till they arrive, although sometimes they can get stuck behind other animals or furniture etc

better than them gone forever

but i have only ever lost 2 pets, and a few others have lost them too

i also think it has sometihng to do with new house placement, if you cast your minds back, i bet a plot went down and then u discovered yr pet gone?

G

Never lost one but i did have one go beserk on me after a fall and it took off running at hyper speed. Took me 5 minutes to catch up to him and jump on his back at a run. Took 2 gms to fix him.

G

Just get bonded packies on pet ball and set a macro to use the ball, house falls hit marco. That way you do not have a gaggle of packies at the idoc to atract even more poeple to the IDOC.

G

I've had pets disappear from idocs before, but they would magically show up later on in the day o_o

G

That is really weird. It could also be really bad if they popped back up say in Doom while you were there.

M

majorwoo

<blockquote><hr>

That is really weird. It could also be really bad if they popped back up say in Doom while you were there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a uni poof at an idoc. I had just tamed her, and was riding around when I came across an IDOC. I dismounted to see something, the house next to me fell and she was gone - my followers dropped to 0 on my next login. She was near perfect to, I'd been farming for her

And packies popping up in DOOM? Yeah, I've been at an IDOC and forgot I had them out when they pop up next to me when I DC'd. My victim may have been slightly alerted to my presence when a packy pop's up a few tiles from him