• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do heartwood recipe scrolls vary in rarity ?

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I'm building an archer/bowyer who is currently spending a fair amount of time with his pack llama in Heartwood. We're trying to get all the bowcraft recipes, but it seems like a lot of the recipes just repeat and repeat, and other recipes don't drop at all. I'm beginning to think there is some sort of rarity to certain recipes, and extra-commonality to other recipes. Which is it -- random distribution (and my bad luck) or different rarities for different recipes?

Also, it seems like few people talk any more. I try to strike up conversations with other crafters in Heartwood, but I seldom get a response. Sure would be nice if we could help each other out in getting a full recipe set.

L

Lilac Crypt

There are two things in Heartwood.. okay, three.

1. Elves that are cruel, scamming buttheads. They withhold runic fletching kits and give out trash in return for exceptionally crafted bows.

2. Rare recipes. Not all recipes are easy to get, as you're beginning to learn.

3. Scripters. Half of the folks down there are not really there. They've parked a lumber carrying pack animal nearby, turned on a script and meandered off to do other things. They used to do it in Fel until they found that some folks really would kill them while they were afk. (Me.) Thus, they moved to Trammel, and just figure they won't get caught.

V

vorius

See? Just goes to show the whole scripting problem would have been non-existent if they stuck to the original UO plan of having open pvp.

C

Connor_Graham

The craftable artifact bows are the rare ones. I'll try to remember them all:

Silvani's Feywood
Night Reaper
Blight Gripped Longbow
Faerie Fire
Mischief Maker

That's all of em. Good luck.