• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ditched in VP Battle.. Advice?

• Thread starter Lollipop Zooblesnook
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lollipop Zooblesnook

Hello Stratics members, I'm hoping, once again, I can get some helpful advice from someone that has been in this situation.

I haven't played since the beginning of the year and I admit, I am still getting reaquainted with the game.

To make a long, unpleasant story short, I got ditched in the VP battle. I have no idea where everyone disappeared to as I only heard 2 toons go sad. Anyway eventually when it was down to two of us, the other guy left (didn't go sad, just poofed) and it was just me. I could not for the life of me remember how I used to leave the VP battle without losing all of my high gags when this happened in the past. Needless to say I ended up losing everything as I was trying to figure it out. :sad3:

A couple things: I play toontown full screen and not in a window because the window ends up cutting off the tops of some of the cogs and I can't see their levels. Also I have switched from playing toontown on my trusty PC to a Mac - not sure if that makes a difference or not. (I really can't even remember how I did it on the PC anyway).

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before. I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything. If it has, could you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks much! I love Toontown Stratics, it's my tried and true resource for all toon issues.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Stratics members, I'm hoping, once again, I can get some helpful advice from someone that has been in this situation.

I haven't played since the beginning of the year and I admit, I am still getting reaquainted with the game.

To make a long, unpleasant story short, I got ditched in the VP battle. I have no idea where everyone disappeared to as I only heard 2 toons go sad. Anyway eventually when it was down to two of us, the other guy left (didn't go sad, just poofed) and it was just me. I could not for the life of me remember how I used to leave the VP battle without losing all of my high gags when this happened in the past. Needless to say I ended up losing everything as I was trying to figure it out. :sad3:

A couple things: I play toontown full screen and not in a window because the window ends up cutting off the tops of some of the cogs and I can't see their levels. Also I have switched from playing toontown on my trusty PC to a Mac - not sure if that makes a difference or not. (I really can't even remember how I did it on the PC anyway).

Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before. I tried searching the forum and couldn't find anything. If it has, could you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks much! I love Toontown Stratics, it's my tried and true resource for all toon issues.

I would try another group. I am no longer playing toontown. I dont know mac controls. On pc you do control alt and esc go to applications and click on toontown.exe and click yes.

Q

Qwerty_Two

You could try to force quit the application: command + option + escape to get a window.
I believe if you force quit the launcher you go sad, and if you force quit the application you don't.

You could pull the network plug out of the computer for wired.

You could click on the Airport icon and turn off Airport for wireless.

You could copy the toontown application onto your desktop and use the same username and password, but don't hit play until you want to disconnect.

There are probably other creative ways to disconnect when you've been ditched.

M

Murky Dizzynugget

I actually know quite a few mac shortcuts, command-Q quits the current application that's running, so that should work when you're trying to ditch a VP run.