• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Dispel-spell

Henzy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
When I look at the discription of the dispel-spell it says the following and I quote:
"Attempts to Dispel a summoned creature, causing it to disappear from the world. The Dispel difficulty is affected by the Magery skill of the creature's owner."

So far so good, but this is not quite logic to me. The creature is able to RESIST the dispel-attempt. Would it now not be more logic, if the capability for the creature to resist the dispel-attempt to be linked to the Resisting Spells skill of the owner?

And why is it difficult for me to dispel my own summoned creatures? I need high magery to summon them (most of them are 8th circle) but to dispel my own I sometimes fail.
This is annoying when my energy vortex, after killing that bloody ogre, still feels vivid enough to go after that innocent wandering healer and kills this also, causing me a huge karma loss. All my attempts to dispel the vortex and safe the healer were in vain....

What does the community and/or the devs think about this. Your comments please.
Henzy

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
For EV's use Mass Dispel, I've never seen an EV resist it. All the other 8th circles summons are controllable and can be released the same way as any pet/follower.

It uses the casters Magery vs the targets Resist.