• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dispel Evil

L

Lord_Deimos

Dispels demons and other summons....But not

1. Pixies when they are told to attack you (Thus they become evil! right?)
2. EV's (Well if elementals and summoned demons are able to be dispelled, so should these)
3. Revenants (...Those MOST logical thing to be able to be dispelled....yet we cant)

Wish this was changed so maybe everything can be dispelled....And if its thought to be too overpowered, link what can be dispelled to amount of skill?

At 120 chiv you can dispel EV's....100 Revs....90 for elementals....50 for Imps and Pixies...35 to just make the spawn run off. I mean...This would give some meaning to people who have 120 chiv.

*shrugs*

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be a nice use for dispel evil. And I agree, it should definitely work on revenants.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Dispel evil doesn't seem to work reliably even in the way it's supposed to work.

I see some people using it to make monsters run away yet I have a character with 65 chiv max karma and it has no effect. Is there some comparrison being done between my chiv and the monsters resist or something?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

2. EV's (Well if elementals and summoned demons are able to be dispelled, so should these)
3. Revenants (...Those MOST logical thing to be able to be dispelled....yet we cant)

Wish this was changed so maybe everything can be dispelled....And if its thought to be too overpowered, link what can be dispelled to amount of skill?

At 120 chiv you can dispel EV's....100 Revs....90 for elementals....50 for Imps and Pixies...35 to just make the spawn run off. I mean...This would give some meaning to people who have 120 chiv.

*shrugs*
... I didn't know it worked at all really. I've only had revs on me.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*shrugs*
Ive noticed that it doesn't really dispel evil all the time. What exactly should this spell do? Since it really only works on daemons.

L

Lord_Deimos

Ive noticed that it doesn't really dispel evil all the time. What exactly should this spell do? Since it really only works on daemons.
Right now- Im 120 chiv, max karma:

Dispel Evil:
Makes the spawn around me run around for a bit...MOST of the time
Dispels Imps, Demons, Elementals(Fire, Water, Earth, Air)- Unless its guildies which they have guarding them.

It will NOT dispel:
Pixies
EV's
Revs

Pixies...I can kinda understand...Not REALLY evil...

But if it works on elementals, it should work on Revs and EV's...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Right now dispel evil doesn't do anything but make stuff warp away from you and then right back at turbo speed within seconds.
It's only helpful if you need to get away because you've got too much junk on you and you need to run.... but the stuff always finds you again anyway.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the Dispel Evil spell actually worked, then all the bugs would be fixed and perhaps a portion of corporate EA/Mythic would cease to exist.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. Okay, I kid. :lol:

L

Lord_Deimos

Right now dispel evil doesn't do anything but make stuff warp away from you and then right back at turbo speed within seconds.
It's only helpful if you need to get away because you've got too much junk on you and you need to run.... but the stuff always finds you again anyway.
Well it DOES dispel the summons I mentioned too :p

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You can, get a fast weapon with high hit dispel.

When fighting the bosses that have necro, have your char set up so that you can use equip last to switch between your main weapon and the dispel weapon instantly. If you can get it on a weapon with whirlwind you don't even need to stop fighting the main boss.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can, get a fast weapon with high hit dispel.

When fighting the bosses that have necro, have your char set up so that you can use equip last to switch between your main weapon and the dispel weapon instantly. If you can get it on a weapon with whirlwind you don't even need to stop fighting the main boss.
...we are talking about dispel evil...you know...the spell.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Yes I know that, thats why my first reply in this thread was exactly about it.

My second post is because someone said they wished they could dispel revs and I was letting them know that as dispel evil doesn't do it for revs that they can via hit dispel... you know... the weapon mod... you know... in case they hadn't thought of it... you know... to be helpful.