• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discoveries...

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLEASE use this thread as a "What I have discovered"...

This way we can help eachother...

Unravel bags are on an artificer for 2505 gold.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soul forges are generally the same place Blacksmith stuff is...

Ok now we just need to get out...

I seeen a human opn an ethy run through the new lands... tried to stop them, but they kept running.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you die and lose all your ****, your screwed until they start letting people in or out.

Y

Yen Sid

If you die and lose all your ****, your screwed until they start letting people in or out.
+1, trapdoor spiders are a b***h with their damn ambushing. I died 4 times before finally recovering my things as a newbie Garg. So I did the quest through the Abyss with my Mage and made a rune book and a bank check and all that jazz for my Garg and dumped it hidden in a corner in the bank so I could log in real quick and get it w/ my Garg. Now I can gain skills in a familiar environment. :thumbsup:

N

Nastia Cross

GM Alchemists, using a glassblowing tool, can now craft soulstone fragments!!

C

Cryltaur

Gargoyle blacksmiths sell a book that will allow your miner to mine regular gems.

C

Cryltaur

If you try to buy a new hairstyle, you get the message "a hairstylist cannot style your horns!"

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I'm repeating things you guys already know.

Most monsters in in the new lands drop dragon blood when skinned. (new reg)
Also finding daemon bone on some monsters - Anlorzen, Ballem, Betballem

Toxic Slith drops toxic venom sacs needed for crafting baskets
All sliths have a chance of dropping a tongue

Anlorzen's drop void essence

Korpe's drop void orbs

Raptors drop raptor teeth (duh)

all kinds of Bouras drop fur (honestly not sure what it's used for yet)
various Bouras also drop skin and pelts

Silver Serpents drop venom when killed (approx 1 out of 5) or when snake charmed

Carpet quest is started in the tailor shop at Laifem the weaver (very easy)

NPC Vets can now rez pets (for a fee)

For normal resource purposes:

Bouras have Spined leather
Raptors have Horned leather
Sliths have normal leather
Toxic sliths have horned leather

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where is the mechanical life guy?

Sutek is in the Abyss:

If you look at the center of the map you see the ruins where the Slasher of Veils walk around.On the east side of that place go all the way south . You will find a bridge if you keep going staight down. The house with lots of items and Sutek is inside .There no monsters around there but a little to the east is a swamp with a Clan. Don't need to go there. Its the most SW part of the right part of the Abyss.

S

Salya Sin

where is the mechanical life guy?

Sutek is in the Abyss:

If you look at the center of the map you see the ruins where the Slasher of Veils walk around.On the east side of that place go all the way south . You will find a bridge if you keep going staight down. The house with lots of items and Sutek is inside .There no monsters around there but a little to the east is a swamp with a Clan. Don't need to go there. Its the most SW part of the right part of the Abyss.
I had to go into the clan area because Sutek had wandered... going back and forth when I failed was kind of... well.... sucky. BUT... not too terrible. I invis'd a lot... hopefully they will fix his taste for going walk-about.

H

HippieMagic

yeah nevermind its way too late and im a moron... that was the whole point...

H

HippieMagic

is this true as i cant find any thing in the tool menu
culd someone give me more info on it pls?

2 crystal granules 2 void essence to make one... its in the glassblowing menu(use the blow pipe)

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get a blowpipe (glassblowing tool)
Go under misc
Second page, Second item from the bottom above empty venom vial.

Requires two crystal granules and two void essence.

No idea where you get the crystal, but the void essence is dropped by Anlorzens and Betballems. Probably some other stuff but i havent found it yet

S

Salya Sin

Bouras- Low Plains and Ruddy are just lumbering pets that walk around looking all "Dark Crystal" like... The High Plains Boura on the other hand.. go aggro so fast it'll make your head spin... they only lumber before they attack you!

Trapdoor spiders come out of nowhere and kick your tail. Run all you like... they just run faster!

Void Essence seem to drop on any void monster but the Korpre and wisp looking ones... AFTER you do the Sutek quest for mechanical pets because I killed over a 100 before the quest with zero dropping and have gotten 6 in 25 kills after doing it.

There really are areas that only gargoyles can reach... not even a boat will help you.

The mini-bosses for the Void Monsters will switch targets like a paragon once their life reaches the lower half... so watch closely... (tamers/mages)

Skrees are really cute until you try to tame one... then they shoot off spells at 6 fc... I don't think they understand that you just want to cuddle them?

The Queens forge can only be used if you have completed some quest.

Gargoyles can't be archers... I thought... but garg only jewelry will drop with archery mods? HA HA... what a tease!

Raptors really do pack... no seriously! If one aggros.. RUN... they will call out and all of a sudden there are 5 of them that just "appear" out of nowhere on top of you. Keep running and suddenly you have about 3 more... and so on... at one point I swear I was running from 15 of them. I wish I had thought to get a screen shot... it was crazy! HILARIOUSLY Jurassic Park. LOVE IT! Nice touch Dev's!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on the alchemy menu under 'earthen mixtures' They're made from shimmering crystals

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Bouras Drop a rare shield :p

The one with reactive paralyse