• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discored monsters and magic resist?

5% Luck

I have a leg peace samurai and for the last year or so has had little use of him. I used him to kill dragons and now the greaters are 160 dificulty.

So my question is a discorded mob will cast spells the same as a non discorded mob? dragons have very low magery and cast about the same as greaters do. Will discord slow them down>?

Should i drop bushido for magic resits and peace for discord?

U

uoBuoY

I have a leg peace samurai and for the last year or so has had little use of him. I used him to kill dragons and now the greaters are 160 dificulty.

So my question is a discorded mob will cast spells the same as a non discorded mob? dragons have very low magery and cast about the same as greaters do. Will discord slow them down>?

Should i drop bushido for magic resits and peace for discord?
At 120 Disco the target will have all skills and resists reduced by 28%. However, Greaters are not easy to Disco.

5% Luck

I was dicording a skely lich yesterday and it seem to cast a whole lot less!

Im just wondering if that wil be enough for me to not have resist magic skill on a disco/warrior. On this char i used to run 120 peace/music and 120 mace gm bushido and some chiv. Now i dont use this guy much as the barding dificultys of the mobs i tend to hunt are way to high and peace has been taking a back seat. I only use it for arrea peace on other chars. I know ill run into trouble hunting 160 barding difficulty mobs but even so Id like not to turn this char into something completely different(necro/mage) than what he was(peace/warrior). Since thats alot of wasted scrolls. I guess i could go pure warrior but thats always been a tough template to use on high end and the peace was soooo sweet at one time.

U

uoBuoY

I was dicording a skely lich yesterday and it seem to cast a whole lot less!

Im just wondering if that wil be enough for me to not have resist magic skill on a disco/warrior. On this char i used to run 120 peace/music and 120 mace gm bushido and some chiv. Now i dont use this guy much as the barding dificultys of the mobs i tend to hunt are way to high and peace has been taking a back seat. I only use it for arrea peace on other chars. I know ill run into trouble hunting 160 barding difficulty mobs but even so Id like not to turn this char into something completely different(necro/mage) than what he was(peace/warrior). Since thats alot of wasted scrolls. I guess i could go pure warrior but thats always been a tough template to use on high end and the peace was soooo sweet at one time.
I have Disco on 2 Tamers. I tried a Disco/Mage but didn't enjoy that template. Never tried a Disco/Warrior.

To me, as a Tamer, Disco has 3 uses:

1) When taming something that can realyl hurt me, I Disco the beast so when it hits me it hurts 28% less.

2) I (my pets) can kill (farm) the usual stuff a lot faster.

3) I (my pets) can kill much tougher stuff, slowly!

I know Discoed critters hit and cast for a lot less damage and their mana recovery is slowed. But without Resist you're going to get hit with a lot poison, para and debuffs.

IMHO, for PVM heavy casters you must have an all 70s suit and Resist if you melee.

5% Luck

ok so

120 weapon
100 tactics
120 discord
120 music
100 resist
100 parry
60 chive

then suit up 70s and +parry dci and +resist spells 120/120?

Sounds feisable. I would have liked to have bushido instead of resist but...