• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance, AI, Healing & Mana

Tinka

Visitor
Hi everybody :)

I was trying to figure out how much mana my CU will actually be using / needing. I think that healing requires 0 mana - is that correct? What about disco and AI - do they require mana, and if so, how much?

If there is any page with the appropriate information, please feel free to just point me that way. :) Thank you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is a list of some. @Khyro does not have all.

Healing and discord use mana. The dog will be at <100 mana very quickly. It is better to stop at 500 - 600 mana and have the mana regens as high as possible. MR 30 Meditaion as high as possible. Add a little to intel.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Thank you for the quick reply - is this the list?

Foundations: Pet Ability Mana Costs | uo-cah.com

Unfortunately, I didn't find disco or healing on the list. I was assuming that since healing is done with bandages, it wouldn't require mana... :) how much mana does discoing and healing cost - does anyone know?
If I remember right Discord costs 30 mana, I think healing is 20 mana.

For most pets I like to have 30 mana regen and 500 mana total, seems to work really well. I have discord on a Cu and that's what he has.

Tinka

Visitor
If I don't have all the the powerscrolls at 120 right now, can I still train everything else on the last step (4>5), add some 110 powerscrolls but leave some points and come back later to add the scrolls, or is this a "one time chance do everything" occasion?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If I remember right Discord costs 30 mana, I think healing is 20 mana.

For most pets I like to have 30 mana regen and 500 mana total, seems to work really well. I have discord on a Cu and that's what he has.
You remember correctly, Discord uses 30 mana. I haven't tested the actual mana cost of Healing, but it should be around 20-30 mana like other pet abilities. Me or @Khaelor will try to confirm later today if possible.

Hi everybody :)

I was trying to figure out how much mana my CU will actually be using / needing. I think that healing requires 0 mana - is that correct? What about disco and AI - do they require mana, and if so, how much?

If there is any page with the appropriate information, please feel free to just point me that way. :) Thank you.
If I don't have all the the powerscrolls at 120 right now, can I still train everything else on the last step (4>5), add some 110 powerscrolls but leave some points and come back later to add the scrolls, or is this a "one time chance do everything" occasion?
Special Moves cost the same as the player versions. It's on my list to add them to the mana cost page, but AI will cost 30 mana per use for a pet.

Yes, you can scroll your pet multiple times. It is quite common for a lot of tamers to leave points in the final level in case they eventually get 120 scrolls. So if you apply a 110 Tactics, for example, you spend 100 points to train it. You now only need another 100 points (and a scroll) to train it from 110 to 120, so 200 points total. If you went from 100 to 120 directly, it would cost 200 points as well.

Probably one of the lesser used tools on our site, but we do have a Powerscroll Calculator: Pet Scroll Calculator | uo-cah.com, Fill in your current caps and what scrolls you want to apply and it will tell you how many points to save. Due to the way UO rounds numbers, I would also suggest adding a small buffer of 5 points or so until you get the final scrolls applied.

Tinka

Visitor
Thank you @Khyro :)

I must say that I have always been amazed at the amount of information provided and willingness to help by fellow UO players, and still am today. Thank you all. :)