• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discord in PvP

• Thread starter Turdnugget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Turdnugget

Over the past couple days i've been using my tamer in Yew to kill reds. And over the past couple days, one of them has logged on a blue discorder, and will discord my pets so they're pretty much useless at that point.

I think that discording a blue pet in Fel should be a criminal action and turn you grey. Just like the spell Curse, if casted on a blue player/pet, turns you grey, so should Discord. It's essentially doing the same thing. It's a major advantage for reds who run around with a blue discorder. Only way to stop the blue discorder, is to kill them, thus turning you grey and getting a count.

I vote it should be a criminal act to Discord a blue pet. It's an 'attack' skill and should be considered such when it comes to criminal query.

Thoughts?

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the past couple days i've been using my tamer in Yew to kill reds. And over the past couple days, one of them has logged on a blue discorder, and will discord my pets so they're pretty much useless at that point.

I think that discording a blue pet in Fel should be a criminal action and turn you grey. Just like the spell Curse, if casted on a blue player/pet, turns you grey, so should Discord. It's essentially doing the same thing. It's a major advantage for reds who run around with a blue discorder. Only way to stop the blue discorder, is to kill them, thus turning you grey and getting a count.

I vote it should be a criminal act to Discord a blue pet. It's an 'attack' skill and should be considered such when it comes to criminal query.

Thoughts?
Vouch.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yeah.
You should also have to be on the same screen as your dragon to freakin' control it too.

T

Turdnugget

We're strictly talking about Discord in this thread please. But yeah, my GD, or mare/beetle stay on the same screen as me. But please... Discord is the topic.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we are at it, area peacemaking should not work in tram vs. people's pets who are not guilded...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
While we are at it, area peacemaking should not work in tram vs. people's pets who are not guilded...
Area peace needs to be changed in Fel completely. Or let me freakin' provoke the dragons onto their mommies.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote you grow some balls, leave the GZ and learn to play a real char.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This issue has been debated a few times recently.

Disco flagging the bard is a bad idea. It has numerous knock-on effects for ordinary bard tamers for example, while they disco train their pets. There are plenty more, but I don't want to recycle old posts again ;)

The thing is, making a bard flag won't make one iota of difference. As soon as your pets leave the guardzone in pursuit of an enemy, that bard will hit your pet with a disco. If he was called in by the reds, you can rest assured they won't be attacking him when he flags either. If you want to attack him, you'll need to come outside the guardzone, whereupon you and your pets will get ganked silly. Same end effect for you. The thing is, would you rather pets were disco'd 1) before you sent them into battle, or 2) while they're outside your heal/vet range? In the first scenario, you can choose to leave the area without risking your pets. The second one... possibly a dead pet before you call it back. Pet ball delays make this riskier still.

The other thing is, a blue tamer can use the guardzone as a safety blanket, picking off enemies one by one with pets, whilst remaining in safety, unkillable, in the guardzone. I'm sure you know this already. For this reason alone, discordance should not flag the bard. You need to be at some risk, even if that's only a pet's death.

BTW, you can train up your pets to max skills, then the discordance will still leave you with powerful enough pets. Too many tamers think it's game over once a pet is discorded. My tamer bard has accidentally targeted her pets for a disco during a hunt. She still finishes her fights with all alive. Discordance is an extra challenge for you, nothing more. With a greater dragon, that's more than fair in PvP. I'd suggest either practising further, getting into a PvP guild who can protect you, or switching to another character even if it's just to watch other tamers PvPing and learn their tricks.

Wenchy

G

galefan2004

WAH! Seems like someone is tired of you using pets. Just be happy its not a provoker that can provoke your pets to attack you until you are dead...that would be justice. Using pets in PvP is lame and thats coming from a tamer.

I think that discording a blue pet in Fel should be a criminal action and turn you grey.
I will agree with this as long as the pet is not in war mode attacking another player (regardless of if that other player is red, grey, or blue).

It's a major advantage for reds who run around with a blue discorder. Only way to stop the blue discorder, is to kill them, thus turning you grey and getting a count.
You do realise before the invent of super dragons there was absolutely no reason to use a discorder in PvP. This is much more an opposite and equal reaction to the intended action. The intended action (using a tamer with a super dragon in PvP) is the actual problem and I'm glad they got discorders that decided to teach tamers how to really pvp without pets.

Thoughts?
Only if that pet is not attacking ANY other player (red/blue/grey does not matter) and is only attacking fellow monsters. Pet versus monster is the only true form of pet PvP.

G

galefan2004

Area peace needs to be changed in Fel completely. Or let me freakin' provoke the dragons onto their mommies.
When did they make it so you couldn't provoke pets back on to their tamers? Thats messed up.

G

galefan2004

says the one button dexer. :)

:stir:
One button dexxers still beat one button tamers...especially when neither actually hit only one button to actually win in either PVM or PVP and the arguement is mute to begin with.

I don't agree with much a certain poster has to say, but I will agree that if you don't like blues discording your pets in PvP then play a character that has an actual place in PvP. If nothing else comes from the stupidity of greater dragons in PvP it will be an eventual greater dragon nerf.

T

Turdnugget

I do have 'real' PvP chrs. But it's no fun, and sometimes impossible to track down a speeder and kill them. I use a gimp chr to kill the gimps who use speeder programs. Simple as that. How is it fair if a blue discorder can discord my pet, while NOT in combat at all and in the guard zone? Only reason I stay in GZ is that on Baja, there are a number of red dexers who USE speeder. Kinda hard to stay alive when you can hardly see the person who is hitting you. One minute they're here, next second they're over there. Not to mention they 'seem' to cast mid-high level spells on the run.

I agree that using pets in combat, at least as a tamer is lame. But hey, why not kill a lame hacker w/a lame template? It just pisses them off even more.

And why shouldnt a blue turn grey when discording a blue pet? It's essentially the same as the mage spell 'Curse'. PvP is messed up anywho w/all the speeders + script users. Just kinda lame that a blue can 'curse' another blue w/out being flagged. It would be like me casting Curse on another blue while my red buddy kills him.

M

Masumatek

Pets don't even belong in PvP and you're complaining about the very rare character who is going to discord your pets in PvP. Pets are extremely overpowered and have been for a long time. Tamers need severe nerfings, not boostings.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
provoking pets should be allowed. Attacking someone with a pet isn't pvp its PvP+M

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do have 'real' PvP chrs. But it's no fun, and sometimes impossible to track down a speeder and kill them. I use a gimp chr to kill the gimps who use speeder programs. Simple as that. How is it fair if a blue discorder can discord my pet, while NOT in combat at all and in the guard zone? Only reason I stay in GZ is that on Baja, there are a number of red dexers who USE speeder. Kinda hard to stay alive when you can hardly see the person who is hitting you. One minute they're here, next second they're over there. Not to mention they 'seem' to cast mid-high level spells on the run.

I agree that using pets in combat, at least as a tamer is lame. But hey, why not kill a lame hacker w/a lame template? It just pisses them off even more.

And why shouldnt a blue turn grey when discording a blue pet? It's essentially the same as the mage spell 'Curse'. PvP is messed up anywho w/all the speeders + script users. Just kinda lame that a blue can 'curse' another blue w/out being flagged. It would be like me casting Curse on another blue while my red buddy kills him.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because he is cheating, doesn't give you the justification for abusing a template that's already abused too much. It certainly doesn't justify removing any bards from your vicinity. The reputation you generate with your behaviour reflects on us all. Right now that reputation is atrocious. Not everyone plays a tamer to be a gimp in PvP.

The speeder is a cheat who should be punished. So what about the tamer who hugs a guardzone and simply picks off every red around, not because he's acting against cheats, but because he can. And because he can't fight in the open. Should he be able to score easy kills like the speeder can? Of course not! You want to kill the speeders, others have been abused by Yew gate tamers and want those dead too. Just as you want the freedom to kill speeders, others want the same freedom to counteract the bad tamers in Fel. Myself included. If some "tamers" leave PvP because they can't gimp, IMO that's a good thing for our profession.

Ask yourself this, why would a PvPer change to their bard (not the best template for fighting players) if they could easily defeat your pets without it? They wouldn't. But your tactics and position near a guardzone mean that it can be nearly impossible to kill a tamer or their pets at Yew gate. Especially the most cowardly who keep themselves in the GZ and heal pets while they eat someone.

Speeders should be caught and banned, just as Yew gate tamers should be at risk of losing a pet. It's that simple. Remember how fortunate you are to have bonded pets and how powerful they are. And hope that none of the speeders figure out how to speed up both themselves and their pets, or we're all screwed...

Wenchy