• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disconnected anyone else?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For almost two weeks now I get disconnected every 10 to 15 minutes. When I try to log back this message is displayed:

"An error has occurred in the synchronization between the login server and the world. Please close your client and try again."

My computer is hardwired into the modem. Has anyone else had this experience? Been trying to figure out if this game side or my ISP (spectrum).

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like a synchronization error, so yeah, check traceroute for bad hops

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Trace says exceeds maximum hops. Ran UO Trace twice hop 9 has 100% packet loss with 0/100 Pkts/rts. Then there are 9 "unknown hosts" with no ping time. ping avg. %loss, Pkts/rts listed. Then it finishes ping the shard. So, would this be an ISP issue? and is there anything my ISP can do about this?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn`t try other servers, since I play Legends 95% of the time. I`ve also been having the same issue with Star Trek Online. However, my son can play all day long online on the PS4 and Xbox-1 with no issues. Sent my UO trace routes to [email protected]

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
54.239.109.218 is the IP address were 100% packet loss occurs. Its an Amazon IP located in Ashburn Virginia.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless Amazon buys Google and assimilates it. Then instead of Rising Tide it will be Rise of the Amazonian.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I didn't notice any problems with anything but UO. I finally called Comcast and when they disconnected the line outside to check it, water ran out of it. Since then I've been zooming along. Sounds like packet loss or you may have a bad drop. If you have cats (like me) check you cables for tiny bite marks lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I can remember having problems much like yours, and when I called to talk to our ISP they were shocked at the old modem I had, I was told it was a dinosaur and to exchange it asap. Once they did that I been good to go.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have the issues with getting disconnected. Not everyday, but somedays it's a real problem it happens so much. Not the synchro problem every time tho, usually i can just log right back in. Happens to the wife too on her laptop. Everything else runs fine, its only UO that seems to have an issue.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got an email from Broadsword support, gave me instruction on how to manually flush my DNS. Also to delete a certain file in the UO directory that fixed the issue.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Got an email from Broadsword support, gave me instruction on how to manually flush my DNS. Also to delete a certain file in the UO directory that fixed the issue.
I get the same problem, and if I am taming anything serious or do a fel spawn its OOooo grey robes. Annoying issue. Random, and CAN be repetitive. What file in uo directory we need to delete? Any help appreciated.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Connection issues can come from several different sources, so it's hard to pin one down right away. We do have a rundown of the most common sources of connection problems for you:
• Enable 'Game Mode' in your BIOS and/or graphics card
• Do not log into the client, then locate and delete the 'mft.myp' file. This will force the client to patch and fix any corrupted or missing files. If that won't resolve the issue, we recommend you first perform a clean install of the client(s), and remove any third party files beforehand, such as custom UIs. After the reinstall, restart your machine in safe mode with networking enabled and see if you can load into the client. If you can, it indicates there is a driver conflict or a conflict with another program running in the background. You may wish to disable/close any programs running in the background one by one to see which is causing the issue; this would include antivirus and firewalls.
• Ensure all drivers and custom UIs are up-to-date by checking manufacturer websites directly. Additionally, try to disable any customer UIs to check for different results.
• Ensure your firewall and antivirus program is not blocking any content and that you don't have any custom UO server/shard entries in your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts)
• Start by force-closing the game and re-starting it
• Ensure there are no conflicting parental controls set
• If you have a weak or unstable network connection, this will keep the game from connecting. Try waiting until you have a better connection and then restart the game as described above.
• Disconnect and then re-connect to the network that you're trying to use. This can sometimes reset and clean up your connection.
• If you are set up to connect via proxies, disable this option and connect without them. The proxy connection could be causing the problem.
• Try connecting via a secure VPN connection and try again after disconnecting from VPN.
• You may change your Power Saving settings for higher performance, this will favor performance, but may use more energy.
• If you are connecting from school or work (or a similar location), there can be restrictions in place when connecting to certain sites and servers. In some cases, this can prevent the game from connecting when using that network. This can also be true if your computer was issued through school or work. In either case, follow up with your IT Department to confirm.- Likewise, if you are connecting at home, check the status of your home network to ensure that it's working as it should.
• Perform the steps in the link for additional connection troubleshooting steps:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/
• Contact your ISP to ensure there are no network issues.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the same problem, and if I am taming anything serious or do a fel spawn its OOooo grey robes. Annoying issue. Random, and CAN be repetitive. What file in uo directory we need to delete? Any help appreciated.
The file was mft.myp has something to do with patching.