• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Disco Thrower, Whats the deal?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

I am going through one of my "phases" and have started reworking some of my chars to keep things fresh... I made a disco archer long ago but never finished training him up.

I have given his archery to my sampire as a stone skill and gobbled up a race change token, I am now Jethro Tull the Gargoyle!

My template will be as follows as far as my limited knowledge goes.....

Template is :

120 Throwing (currently 40.2 woot)
120 Tactics (currently 117)
120 Music (locked at 97 atm.)
120 Discord ( 87.9 atm, i dont know if i am training it right but its taking me forever)
85 chiv (70 atm)
80 anat
75 healing (65 atm)

My first thought is to drop tactics to 100 and add aother 10 points on healing and anat. I want real skill for disco as i hear that masteries are based on actual skill not boosted so I want to get it to 120. with the extra damage from anat i dont think my dmg output will suffer too much from lowering tactics but there are obvious boosts to healing / anat.

I want to keep all skill real... I have recently become an avid crafter so believe in maxing out each piece with stat/resist/mod boosts rather than wasti9ng points on skills on jewels.

to me, and being honest I have never played a high end bard or a thrower so I may be way off the mark here but it seems like a pretty solid template.

I have no Idea about throwing weps though until i get a chance to test them all out later.

any tips / advice will be appreciated.

Best regards

JT

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you wont be able to run the mastery for disco without some sort of mana replacement in place.
out of the three bard masteries it gobbles up mana the fastest by far!

if i were you, or if your looking for suggestions, id kill of anat and heal and pick up bushido, take it to 100, if you find you need more then that you can add it onto a ring to get ya to 110-115
that is more then enough.
confidence is awsome for healing on the fly.
and lightning strike is wicked good for pvm.

then id roll all the left over points into med.
hell, id even drop chiv down to 70 and roll that little extra into med as well.

so that mid level med coupled with 40 LMC and a butt load of MR will give ya the mana pool ya need to run disco mastery plus the chiv and bushido spells.

its an idea.

its what ive been doing of late with some of my melee guys.
killing off heal and anat for bushido and med.

plus your gonna wanna crack off specials too, that will assist you with the mana requirements for that too boot.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I look at something like

120 Throwing (currently 40.2 woot)
120 Tactics (currently 117)
120 Music (locked at 97 atm.)
120 Discord ( 87.9 atm, i dont know if i am training it right but its taking me forever)
70 Chiv
100 Bushido
70 Med
The suit I am building is starting off with mace and shields and Torc of the guardians I intend to reforge 5HCI on to the remaining 4 pieces but may try for HCI 5/ MR 3 as my reforge options so I can keep my mana stable. would still leave me room for LMC and SI AND HPI but my mana inc may suffer... I guess though I can use potions to hit 150 STR/DEX and still keeint fairly high... Torc give +5 to all stats and if I use shrowd of condemned and Tangle thats another 15 int right there as well as a little extra HPI.

Suit building is my new "big thing" so I will be putting a hell of a lot of time into making the suit then I will get training as I know i will train up faster if I have the right gear :)

I will post a pic of the suit so you can get an idea of what I will be running, hoping to get started properly on it tonight, I have the base pieces so shouldn't take tooooo long as long as the reforging goes my way.. only issue is if I am reforging MR3 or even 4 on the suit I will be counting on the HCI popping as the random mod so thats where the time will be :)

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you wont be able to run the mastery for disco without some sort of mana replacement in place.
out of the three bard masteries it gobbles up mana the fastest by far!

if i were you, or if your looking for suggestions, id kill of anat and heal and pick up bushido, take it to 100, if you find you need more then that you can add it onto a ring to get ya to 110-115
that is more then enough.
confidence is awsome for healing on the fly.
and lightning strike is wicked good for pvm.

then id roll all the left over points into med.
hell, id even drop chiv down to 70 and roll that little extra into med as well.

so that mid level med coupled with 40 LMC and a butt load of MR will give ya the mana pool ya need to run disco mastery plus the chiv and bushido spells.

its an idea.

its what ive been doing of late with some of my melee guys.
killing off heal and anat for bushido and med.

plus your gonna wanna crack off specials too, that will assist you with the mana requirements for that too boot.
The suit is taking a little longer than expected but I am working throwing / bushi / med in the meantime....

I guess you have earned this Poo...

* Pulls out soft cheese and a barbie doll *

*Braces*

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good build though i would keep a ring and brace with 30 music 30 disco in my pack and run 90 90 disco music will be fine for most things at 90 and when needed for bosses throw on the swap jewels for disco then swap off for regular hci dic ssi di jewels. pvm i would run 40 necro 60 ss over med! Curse weapon for healing!! and wraith form for massive mana drain!