• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disco Question?

• Thread starter Warlord Zsinj
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Warlord Zsinj

ok if i lower my music below gm will i gain more than 65 disco points with polar bears?

5% Luck

Keeping music at GM is the best way to go as you will bypass the music check altogether. If you fail the music check you never actually get to the discord check an if you get the passive over gm bonus to sussed you also bypass the discord check. Having lower music will only net you unchecked(discord)fails.

F

Fink

ok if i lower my music below gm will i gain more than 65 disco points with polar bears?
You should be able to get higher gains out of a particular target with below-GM Music, ie: you will be able to target the same creature type at higher discord skill than normal for gains.

You will get the occasional "You play poorly, and there is no effect." message, but you may see increased gains beyond what is normal for that creature type. eg: at the moment I'm discording wandering healers and priests of mondain at the healer grove. I have 85 Music / 95 Discord giving me around a 56-58% success chance which is gaining well despite failing the Music check occasionally. I'm seeing better results than if I jewelled up to 100 Music and hit the same targets.

I'm limited as to what non-aggressive targets I can access, so I'm trying to extend the gains I get from a particular creature type. I have 70 real Music with 2x15 jewels.. at the moment I'm not using the ring. If it pays off, I'll try 70 Music & post my results. Here is the Bard Calculator I'm using to help stay in the zone.