• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Disappearing items & other glitches

Miretar

Journeyman
I was experimenting with furniture placement for a bath design

I placed the following items in the following order:
1. A claw foot tub facing east
2. Directly adjacent & to the north I placed a ter mur style table
3. Next to that, an elven wash basin
then I left an empty space
4. then I placed ter mur chair.

when I hit the dresser with a axe, it turned into a barrel (twice)—needless to say confusing me.
I also took down the claw foot tub.
The table and the chair went poof. While these weren’t looked down, they were on the floor for less than 5 minutes.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your posts are confusing, the table and chair went poof when you did what ? It takes roughly an hour for non blessed items to decay.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was experimenting with furniture placement for a bath design

I placed the following items in the following order:
1. A claw foot tub facing east
2. Directly adjacent & to the north I placed a ter mur style table
3. Next to that, an elven wash basin
then I left an empty space
4. then I placed ter mur chair.

when I hit the dresser with a axe, it turned into a barrel (twice)—needless to say confusing me.
I also took down the claw foot tub.
The table and the chair went poof. While these weren’t looked down, they were on the floor for less than 5 minutes.
When you axe a dresser, which is a container, it will turn into a barrel. Double click the barrel to place it again. If you want it in deed form, place it, lock it down, then release it, then axe it and it will be a deed unless dresser has items in it.

If you axed the table and chair, then you destroyed them. If you didn't lock the table and chair down, then it will decay like @GarthGrey said.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When you axe a dresser, which is a container, it will turn into a barrel. Double click the barrel to place it again. If you want it in deed form, place it, lock it down, then release it, then axe it and it will be a deed unless dresser has items in it.

If you axed the table and chair, then you destroyed them. If you didn't lock the table and chair down, then it will decay like @GarthGrey said.
While it seems normal to us vets imagine how confusing it must be to inexperienced players with each item behaving differently rather than a uniform system..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya even storage sheds turn into barrels. Not sure what happened to the other stuff tho.

Miretar

Journeyman
Just what I needed when doing deco & moving furniture—a large barrel blocking items in my backpack.