• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dirty Plates & Stools & Magincia Threads

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
C

Connor_Graham

Where exactly are these things located? I went back and looked at the pic that Draconi posted and have no clue where that is, and just plain have no clue on the stool. I've got a special request from one of my customers and I'll be damned if I can find anything more than a vague pic.

Thanks!

Also, which creatures drop which threads in Magincia and what spell, or which ones need to be killed, to get each type of thread?

Thanks again!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The plates are Fel only, the 4 small huts between Brit and the moongate, just east of the road. The stool I'd love to know. I've looked in lots of places but never found it.

C

Connor_Graham

The plates are Fel only, the 4 small huts between Brit and the moongate, just east of the road. The stool I'd love to know. I've looked in lots of places but never found it.
Is it a specific hut or random in any of the 4?

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 plates in each of the huts. The threads are gotten from the ghosts in Magincia. Some need to be killed (reds), the yellows you use spirit speak, and the greys get exorcised. No clue about the stool.

Borric

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's all 4 huts. I don't know about your shard, but on Cats they're usually gone quickly after server up.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its all four huts connor and it is not fell only you can get them in trammel also I have 16 or so I have gotten there ... you have to eat the food from the plate before you can pick it up if you eat it again in goes to dirty plate .... and its at server up and they are heavily sought after

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
they are trammel also I get them all the time on ls shard

Falon of Eldor

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ OP - TY for the the post. I check on SP for the plates and haven't gotten any yet either...someone must like doing dirty dishes.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
# Three types of ghosts now reside in Magincia

* Restless Souls
o Invulnerable, unmoving
o Notices player movements
o Can be released by using Spirit Speak nearby
+ Drops Threads of Life
* Forsaken Souls
o Constantly wanders the streets of Magincia
o Can be released by casting Exorcism nearby
+ Drops Threads of Thought
* Corrupted Souls
o Red, aggressive
o Calls other Corrupted Souls nearby for help when attacking
o Can only be released by being killed
+ Drops Threads of Fate

C

Connor_Graham

its all four huts connor and it is not fell only you can get them in trammel also I have 16 or so I have gotten there ... you have to eat the food from the plate before you can pick it up if you eat it again in goes to dirty plate .... and its at server up and they are heavily sought after
I just checked the Tram huts just to find the location before I headed to Fel, and all of the plates kept telling me they belonged to someone else.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked the Tram huts just to find the location before I headed to Fel, and all of the plates kept telling me they belonged to someone else.
Well server up was several hours ago, the takeable plates would be gone by now of course. ;)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
that just means someone got them first if you hear the eating sound .. you then just drag the plate to your pack ..eat twice you have a dirty plate and you drag to pack..eat three times and its not goood :) maybe its four cant remember

C

Connor_Graham

Well server up was several hours ago, the takeable plates would be gone by now of course. ;)
If they're anything like the Fel ones, there just aren't plates left once they're taken. The huts I saw in Tram all had plates on the tables while the ones in Fel didn't.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If they're anything like the Fel ones, there just aren't plates left once they're taken. The huts I saw in Tram all had plates on the tables while the ones in Fel didn't.
the ones in trammel may be on slower spawn rate as I only seem to get them ever two or three weeks but I promise you they d spawn there this would explain why the plates are there I just figured it was because i get up 2 or 3 hours after server up but i have 16 i got from there so i have done it twice in the past couple months I also just went to fel for the first time in years and got all the plates there lol
I made a new stealther ment for just this type of thing and guess what it worked :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I do have a question though i noticed in the first shack in fel on the right there are two chairs there in same spot but the backs are south and west they are not like this in trammel there is only one could this be the chair/stool you were asking about?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a hunch if the stool really is spawning its were the first ever one did. only problem i cant remember how to get there roflmao. On the other hand it could be a mistake on there part taking or everyne just not working it out ;)

C

Connor_Graham

The stool is supposedly a normal footstool, but has a different name I guess. I've never seen it so I don't know exactly what's different about it.

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it is a normal foot stool. From what I understand, they look like the "bamboo style" stools like those found in Papua or Delucia.

I would love if someone could confirm if they are still spawning! Or maybe a hint where they are?

T

thelust6

If what I've read above is the case, two hints on the location, Inu...prisoner ;)

Spelosty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the stool would be cool to get, the plates are less exciting.... I might try getting the plates tonight anyway.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
its a three legged stool I do believe

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If what I've read above is the case, two hints on the location, Inu...prisoner ;)

there was a 3 legged stool in one of the prison cellls were we found casca...alas u could not get into the cells only cascas room

and u can pick the plates up on europa at most times of the day ive lifted em like 4-5 hours after server up...there kinds worthless- worth even less than the old fruit basket...lol....possibly just as common too..lol... and once u have a set of 8... cant see the point of keep getting them...oh well the stool would be a different matter

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kk 3 hours after server up roughly....just took all 8 plates in fel and the ones in trammel cannot be picked up... this is on europa ...other shards may be different but on europa the plates can only be eaten then taken in felluca.

R

Ruffles

In doing the quest for the Virtue Cloak, ther eis a part towards teh end where you have to take items from different NPC's and give tehm to other NPC's. One of the items is a stool. Is this the stool you are talking about?

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this is the stool they are talking about

i found the same graphic in 3 locations on Atlantic ...i am sure there is more i just cant remember where... these here cannot be picked up though

And Draconi said they are the same as the plates... server up spawn, he just wouldnt tell where :(

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dirty plate on vendor for 10m?? huh?? they sell for 10-20k on my shard..lol

trying to rack my brain were those screen shots are in game...

like i say there was one in casca's prison but u could not get into the cell to try and pick it up?

C

Connor_Graham

I just wanted to say thanks to those that supplied the info on the dirty plates. I got all 8 from Fel this morning.

Now if someone *coughthelust6cough* would be so kind and not be so cryptic as to the location of the stool I'd be a happy camper. A vague reference to Inu doesn't help me in the least as I wasn't around for that event and have no clue what he's talking about...

L

Lord Drakelord

I just wanted to say thanks to those that supplied the info on the dirty plates. I got all 8 from Fel this morning.

Now if someone *coughthelust6cough* would be so kind and not be so cryptic as to the location of the stool I'd be a happy camper. A vague reference to Inu doesn't help me in the least as I wasn't around for that event and have no clue what he's talking about...
ya what he said.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dirty plate on vendor for 10m?? huh?? they sell for 10-20k on my shard..lol
that was the vendor that got it all started and Draconi revealed them as server ups...

the picture was taken before :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
there are other stool locations such as healers hut in delucia also in the inn in delucia

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all of those are not highlightable though...

they have them in New haven too but again those are not even clickable...

Since they are an old server birth rare they should be on the Old lands Felucca maybe even trammel if it got mirrored right...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are 2 at Khaldun tents where the scattered hay spawns, but I only noticed them when I went for the hay and I missed that, so if the stool was there I was too late for that too.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in all honesty and fairness if someone as found the spawn place of the bamboo stool he/she aint gonna tell anyone he/she is just gonna keep taking em every day on all shards too!!! so alas anyine looking for the elusive stool is never gonna find it because it wil ahve already been taken...so looking for it now is probably a total waste of effort because it will have already been taken at server up....oh dear:wall:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea that pisses me off that probably one person in all of uo knows of the location of the stools and probably has hundreds by now.... i have no idea why draconi won't tell where they spawn to prevent this person from making billions for a simple task that requires no skill

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yea that pisses me off that probably one person in all of uo knows of the location of the stools and probably has hundreds by now.... i have no idea why draconi won't tell where they spawn to prevent this person from making billions for a simple task that requires no skill
Im feeling some love....But its true.. one or two people maybe found the location and will keep hoarding em all on all shards and selling em for huge amounts slowly...thus nobody else will ever get chance to find the spawn point because the stool as long long gone...

maybe the devs should reconsider letting the spawm point be made public then at least we can all have a server up battle for a few months!!!

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im feeling some love....But its true.. one or two people maybe found the location and will keep hoarding em all on all shards and selling em for huge amounts slowly...thus nobody else will ever get chance to find the spawn point because the stool as long long gone...

maybe the devs should reconsider letting the spawm point be made public then at least we can all have a server up battle for a few months!!!

I have to agree here...I am still watching these being sold as server birth items for 15-25 million. Would be nice if we could get a developer to confirm they do indeed spawn daily and not some left over bug from the Virtue quest.

AND please give us some small hint where the dang thing spawns (like maybe what city...some small little hint...anything?!!?)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well in all honesty and fairness if someone as found the spawn place of the bamboo stool he/she aint gonna tell anyone he/she is just gonna keep taking em every day on all shards too!!! so alas anyine looking for the elusive stool is never gonna find it because it wil ahve already been taken...so looking for it now is probably a total waste of effort because it will have already been taken at server up....oh dear:wall:
How boring would it be to log into 20+ shards every day at server up just to pick up a stool you can't sell (can only release a few at a time in order to make a lot of $$$). Maybe I'm just lazy but this sounds awfully unappealing. Or maybe I'm just bitter cause I spent 120m on one of those suckers... :p

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why not release the source of the fabled stool so at least everyone can have a server up scramble...ala the fruit basket and jars , etc, way back in the day!!

Because in all fairness... ive hunted for the damn stool ..but in the back of mind iam always thinking this is a total waste of time because the damn thing will be long long gone!!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why not release the source of the fabled stool so at least everyone can have a server up scramble...ala the fruit basket and jars , etc, way back in the day!!

Because in all fairness... ive hunted for the damn stool ..but in the back of mind iam always thinking this is a total waste of time because the damn thing will be long long gone!!
Why are you asking me? I said it sounded boring to me. Obviously it's a very lucrative way of earning some money to someone out there...

S

Shantia

Just cause a stool isnt highlightable doesnt mean it doesnt spawn with a mirror ontop of it, sort of like the closed barrel. It spawns right ontop of a static closed barrel. i've seen them in delucia, they're probably the same kind of stools in papua. So like most everyone else here has said. Make the stool location public for the rest of us!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just cause a stool isnt highlightable doesnt mean it doesnt spawn with a mirror ontop of it, sort of like the closed barrel. It spawns right ontop of a static closed barrel. i've seen them in delucia, they're probably the same kind of stools in papua. So like most everyone else here has said. Make the stool location public for the rest of us!
exactly :)

D

Dragonchilde

This reminds me of whoever works the barrels in Trammel Buc's Den on Chesapeake. They work them for a while in the morning... then remove the barrels! Dude, that's just silly.

Not that I mind going to Fel - it's just irritating. I didn't think the barrels spawned in TRammel at all, until I managed to catch the barrels live with stuff in them.

Z

Zodia

I don't think the Devs should give any hints.

There are so few secrets left in this game.

So only a few people know about it now? Who cares --- it will spread eventually.

It's just a stool.