• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Directions for the floaty globe thing

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought this really needed a fourth thread! Actually I just wasn't quite sure which thread to append it to. I knew I did this years ago but never wrote down how (or remembered for that matter) so I figured I'd try to do it again and see if I could figure it out. It's very un-fancy directions, just for breaking up the globe without it dropping.

Alrighty, it's a bit easier with using a ladder and placing on the invisible tile at the top. As in Eyes of Origin's thread I placed a castle ladder facing west. The four gozas with or next to the red writing are on the floor, the four other gozas are placed above them.

Place the castle ladder (west) where the red 1 is and then walk up it till you are floating next to it and place the goza on yourself. Do that for all four numbers till you have a 2x2 platform for the globe.

This next step requires that you have a "last target" macro set up in UO. Just bind the last target action to a key and don't do anything between placing the globe and using the dec tool that would create a target cursor.

Place the globe and then use the int dec tool and select "down". Hit your last target macro then count out a full second and hit the down diamond (or last object macro) and hit your last target macro again. Do this one more time to be certain since the pause can screw you up if you go to fast. Now the globe is broken but you can't see that it is.

Lower the front side all the way down where you need it to go, then the left side, then the right side. The order really doesn't matter since you lowered the back side first, I think. This will make the goza mats that these parts were sitting on drop, but will leave the spinny globe part suspended.

Now you can chop the three goza mats that you see. If at any time something gets screwed up, lower all parts of the globe as far down as possible untill they merge again and when you chop the globe you should get the deed back intact.

E

Eyes of Origin

Hmm that might work too. Actually Sarsmi, I trust you on anything deco lol, so I'll try it your way as well and see how it works.

Still trying to figure out why my spinny part of my globe is falling with the base when it didnt happen with the first one or anyone elses in my guild. =/ quite frustrating

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah lemme know if you have any problems. I just did one run thru and it went fine, then I had to log off. But I think just getting the NW corner to drop first is the trick, maybe.

W

wee papa smurf

Ok, i just tried this out (on tc1 :D :D) and i found that if you drop the first goza (last target button) just 2 times and lowered the north east corner of the globe first then the floaty part doesnt drop :thumbsup:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
two things

does nothing get locked down during this process?

also, I know most of us don't use SA, but this whole process might be a bit easier by doing so.... did you know that goza mat object handles show up in that client?

W

wee papa smurf

two things

does nothing get locked down during this process?

also, I know most of us don't use SA, but this whole process might be a bit easier by doing so.... did you know that goza mat object handles show up in that client?
I never locked anything down during the whole process, but if you need to move the floaty globe down at all then you will need to lock it down, also obviously the hedges are locked down, heres mine, i'll finish it off when someone on Europa sells me some hedges :D :D

View attachment 2186

E

Eyes of Origin

If you do the Char statue with the chaos tile, yes you need to lock down the statue base before you lower it to the floor. My first one, I didnt lock anything down but that... but know some ppl who locked the globe down as well before lowering it

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well no, the actual problem is the instructions beyond the goza mat placement there isn't a single description of where things are actually place. for instance what tile are you targeting for the globe...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well no, the actual problem is the instructions beyond the goza mat placement there isn't a single description of where things are actually place. for instance what tile are you targeting for the globe...
There is only one tile you *can* target for the globe, because it takes up a 2x2 area. Which is the northwest tile. Also:

"The order really doesn't matter since you lowered the back side first" pretty much indicates that your last target was the northwest tile where you had to place the globe.

So again, it's kind of advanced deco but not hard for anyone familiar with placing globes and breaking up add ons to understand. ;)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*head explodes* I thought it would be cool to have a globe over a fountain... I am just a deco 101 kinda guy though.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*disclaimer* This was not intended as a troll. I really was researching some of the goza tricks. I have been really busy lately and on giving the forums a cursory view. I missed that this had become a really big deal...

I hope this gets worked out. :sad4:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Warning: Don't go all chopping all willy-nilly like I do. You will end up with an invisable tile that blocks movement and makes you pout.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Warning: Don't go all chopping all willy-nilly like I do. You will end up with an invisable tile that blocks movement and makes you pout.
If you were working around a ladder the invisable tile was cause by the ladder.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*disclaimer* This was not intended as a troll. I really was researching some of the goza tricks. I have been really busy lately and on giving the forums a cursory view. I missed that this had become a really big deal...

I hope this gets worked out. :sad4:
Kelmo...the fact that we have not collectively beaten you into unconsciousness with our deco tools, and buried you under goza mats indicates that most probably knew that you weren't trolling. ;)

We are all hoping the unique, if unintended functionality of our maddening, but oh-so-full-of-possibilities mats & add-ons isn't taken away from us!

-Skylark

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invisible tile has nothing to do with ladders it exists quite nicely the only way to remove it is to lock everything down and go into custom mode... =)

Haha I finely chimed in on my baby... *Chuckles*

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invisible tile has nothing to do with ladders it exists quite nicely the only way to remove it is to lock everything down and go into custom mode... =)

Haha I finely chimed in on my baby... *Chuckles*
i can't figure this out, i've gone through one globe and i'm not even sure how i destroyed it. can't figure out how to lower, it can't be lowered. I can't get the large seperation between the two globes but

http://i46.***********/2wrd84j.gif for now this will work :)

and yes I too have an invisible void spot blocking as a result of doing something stupid when the other globe was destroyed lol

*edit* if I get the temp ban or warning I'll let everyone know asap and i'll take it down right away.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter, I had that happen to me too. I paged a GM and they came and fixed it for me... you might want to try that.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally bumping this thread. I did one of these today and I need to know.....! Does the no spinny bottom part stay and you just cover it(if desired)?
When chopping the bottom stuff the spinny one poofs as well. (lost one doing this)
It is fine staying, but would like to know as the spinny can no longer be lowered to recoup the deed.

I ended up with an invisble tile on my first breakage, a flash gordon type, GM came and removed it for me so I could place again.

And, am I to understand that if we chop the spinny, we (can) get the deed back? or is that only if it is all together again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the OP it seems the bottom stays. But, if you want to try again you would lower the floating globe back into position and chop.

Thanks @Gidge ! Looks awesome.

The CC statue does not do the pose correct:
1623188128466.png

The EC has a lower pose:
1623188190118.png

But I like the floating ball! I am a freak of UO nature with 4 arms in either client!

The bottom part is not a distraction here.
1623188817976.png

Last edited:

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the OP it seems the bottom stays. But, if you want to try again you would lower the floating globe back into position and chop.

Thanks @Gidge ! Looks awesome.

The CC statue does not do the pose correct:
View attachment 120048

The EC has a lower pose:
View attachment 120049

But I like the floating ball! I am a freak of UO nature with 4 arms in either client!

The bottom part is not a distraction here.
View attachment 120050
It does look cool sitting in the corner. :)