• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dimetrosaur

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not going to do a finished product on this one.

This is a very specialized pet. Starting stats are like this one. The intelligence is high so you cant get to 700 str usually.

upload_2017-6-6_18-54-35.png
They are 3 slot with decent HP but pretty low Str.

They have overcapped physical resist and high resist in all areas. Not many points to add. I put 7 extra points on.

upload_2017-6-6_18-58-50.png
Here are the attributes they come with.

upload_2017-6-6_19-1-41.png
The damage type.

upload_2017-6-6_19-2-59.png
Now the specialized part.

You don't have many choices with this pet.

upload_2017-6-6_19-4-49.png
May as well choose poisoning because you need to use the points somewhere.

They make a decent pet. But, They make a great helper pet.
A few tamers with other pets doing a boss will love it when it poisons and does Mortal Strike.
The victim will not have much time to heal.

Attachments

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
I feel like if you could find one with perfect resists they could be awesome but I do agree, the specials are lacking. In my opinion its similar to the tigers which I think can only have poisoning.

It's on my list of things to check - the only issue is cycling for a good resist one is a pain because their untamed HP is like 7k-8k!

Turbo

Adventurer
Imo 'non magical' pets shoud have more options to choose other than just poisoning that could use up the magic ability slot. Or even give them the ability to choose 1 extra special move or special ability since they cant learn magic abilities. Only being able to choose poison weakens quite a few things.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They can get up to 90 physical resist from memory.

As for cycling for a good one, a trick I saw someone doing to avoid having to kill them yourself was to tame and sick them onto t-Rex and let him kill them

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Imo 'non magical' pets shoud have more options to choose other than just poisoning that could use up the magic ability slot. Or even give them the ability to choose 1 extra special move or special ability since they cant learn magic abilities. Only being able to choose poison weakens quite a few things.
It does and doesn't - the boosted resist to poison isn't bad. What I think they should do is give pets who can only learn poison the ability to learn it up to 120 without a scroll. :p But I agree. For non-magical pets I think there should be a "non-magical skill gump where poisoning and discord would go. Also - since when is discord "magical"? I've always felt bards were just virtuoso's who could use their perfection with music to effect things for better or worse. Not that its some form of "magic" ability.

On a side note - we should be able to train mongbats to pick locks and steal items!!

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
They can get up to 90 physical resist from memory.

As for cycling for a good one, a trick I saw someone doing to avoid having to kill them yourself was to tame and sick them onto t-Rex and let him kill them
90/70/70/75/75 I think are perfect resists for them. I was doing that for a while, still kind of slow but works. Its better if you have disco to disco the dime.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Found one today that could not get any more points in resists. Over capped total resists.

upload_2017-8-7_0-3-17.png

Thats what it started with. Thats about the most balanced you can get on a pet.

Also noticed it has over 100 in some skills once it develops.

upload_2017-8-7_0-10-15.png

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Dimetrosaur has the following

Hits: 950 Stam: 150 Mana: 386
STR: 700 Dex: 150 Int: 363
HPR: 20 SR: 10 MR: 30

Resists: 83/76/66/75/65

I used the only scrolls I had available at the time on it: Wrestling 120, Anatomy 120

Resisting Spells, according to Pincos, is overcapped to where its natural max is 117.7 (currently need 14.0 to max it out)
The Poisoning, Poison Breath and Mortal Strike work wonders at spawns. I wish I could change out the absolutely useless dismount for something else.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they come as 2 slots or always 3?
3 slot

That stat screen is fresh tamed. They have good stats when done. Did Melisande with 4 pets last night. Was nice to have that doing mortal on her.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do they come as 2 slots or always 3?
This one has no scrolls. You have to be careful if you don't use scrolls because you could hit caps and have points left over. The HP and mana regen are max. I'm 1 HP away from cap. I had to put points in stamina regen to use the points.

upload_2017-8-10_16-38-55.png

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
upload_2018-1-24_0-16-1.png

Using poison as a magical ability, would that get rid of the poison breath? and would it start using regular poison, instead of "spasm uncontrollably", whichever level poison that is...​

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I recently got my dime to 5 slots. Mine has 89 physical resist (first one I found, got lucky 89/75/66/66/69). Also has 110 wrestling cap and 118 magic resist cap. I haven't finished skilling him yet but he wrecks anything that can be poisoned. Since most mobs do physical damage, all or in part, I wanted to try a pet with over capped physical resist. He can take a beating and that's with wrestling at 95 currently, so no parry, and his magic resist is pretty low. Can't wait to get him to skill caps.

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is there a list of pets that can get healing? Cause I can't find one and was hoping this critter could get it.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Is there a list of pets that can get healing? Cause I can't find one and was hoping this critter could get it.
*Only pets that can get healing is Cu's, lions, sabre tooth tigers, and triceratops.

I'm really enjoying my dime. Got him up to 104 wrestling last night. Need to finish maxing his wrestling and then work on parry/magic resist. I wish all my pets had over capped skills. It's so aggravating not being able to get scrolls for my pets.

Last edited:

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What I have noticed is they don't burn mana like most pets. All you need is like 400 max and you will be fine in most cases. I am not sure about that pet calc for these cause it showed mine at 46%. I am wondering after taming, what is the deduction in hit point loss? I think it is like 87% or so. My current dime started out with 721hp/303 str and 87% physical resist. I put well let me show you all:
dime.png

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My other one has 800hp 1200 mana 645 str and 700 int with only 80% physical resist. I also have enough points to scroll both of them to 120. I am wondering which would be better?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
*Only pets that can get healing is Cu's, lions, sabre tooth tigers, and triceratops.

I'm really enjoying my dime. Got him up to 104 wrestling last night. Need to finish maxing his wrestling and then work on parry/magic resist. I wish all my pets had over capped skills. It's so aggravating not being able to get scrolls for my pets.
Welcome to the club..

SouthPaw

Lore Master
You're right about mana usage; I have yet to finish a fight with low mana on this guy. Don't need more than around 200-300 if you have 30 mana regen.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What I have noticed is they don't burn mana like most pets. All you need is like 400 max and you will be fine in most cases. I am not sure about that pet calc for these cause it showed mine at 46%. I am wondering after taming, what is the deduction in hit point loss? I think it is like 87% or so. My current dime started out with 721hp/303 str and 87% physical resist.
I would need to see the original tame stats, but they have an intensity spread of around ~770 and about ~213 of that can be from overcapped skills alone. Dimetrosaurs can overcap on Wrestling, Tactics, Resisting Spells, so depending on it's starting stats, the skills could account for your 46% rating.

Dimetrosaurs Hit Points are divided by 8 on tame, and Str/Dex/Stam are cut in half.

Their mana usage is probably for a few reasons: Mortal Strike has an internal cooldown, so they can't spam it, and Dismount will only fire on mounted targets. The only other ability they come with is Poison Breath which doesn't seem to get spammed too often.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did some math and the hit point deduction is 87.5%. Multiply the hit points by 0.875 and then subtract the original hit point value with the value you just got. So if it starts out at 5200 hit points,
5200 * 0.875 = 4550
5200 - 4500 = 700 total hit points

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yea, 1/8 = 0.125 :p

BTW, no need to do the double calculation, you can do [Pre-Tame Hits] * 0.125 = Tamed Hits.

Dimetrosaurs are pretty unique as they are the only animals that have their hits cut by an eighth.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain is only cruel when it comes to "flappies"

My dragons and wyrms thank the virtues every day that Pawain isn't president of the Britannia Humane Society. He'd put them all down without thinking twice.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is mine. Still has 363 taming points left. Looking to round out his scrolls a bit yet.
Dimetrasaur.jpg