• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Difference between 100 Imbuing and 120 Imbuing

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you imbue all items with 100 Imbuing, (With less percentage of success), or is it like crafting skills where items have a minimum skill requirement?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
120 Imbuing is needed when Imbuing at almost max intensity.
You can try to imbue things on Test Server.
With 100 you must be gargoyle and have good Gargish Queen reputation to at least try to imbue stuff.

For runic reforging skill level also have influence , but there you will be unable to use options you have no skill for.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you imbue all items with 100 Imbuing, (With less percentage of success), or is it like crafting skills where items have a minimum skill requirement?
From UOGuide.com:

Imbuing items
The Imbuing skill allows player characters to imbue items with magical properties. The amount of skill determines how much magical power an artificer can imbue in an item.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Imbuing is needed when Imbuing at almost max intensity.
You can try to imbue things on Test Server.
With 100 you must be gargoyle and have good Gargish Queen reputation to at least try to imbue stuff.

For runic reforging skill level also have influence , but there you will be unable to use options you have no skill for.
Thanks, I tested on the Test Server prior to posting my question and there is a 33% difference in success between 100 and 120 skill. I was just curious if there was actually any imbuing that could not be performed at 100 verse 120. I have 120 Imbuing and on the 5th Imbue a lot of times I'm in the 20% range. With the 33% difference, that would actual prevent you from Imbuing to the max.

From UOGuide.com:

Imbuing items
The Imbuing skill allows player characters to imbue items with magical properties. The amount of skill determines how much magical power an artificer can imbue in an item.
Thanks, I missed that information in my research.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thanks, I tested on the Test Server prior to posting my question and there is a 33% difference in success between 100 and 120 skill. I was just curious if there was actually any imbuing that could not be performed at 100 verse 120. I have 120 Imbuing and on the 5th Imbue a lot of times I'm in the 20% range. With the 33% difference, that would actual prevent you from Imbuing to the max.

Thanks, I missed that information in my research.
I started Imbuing to Max from 110 something.
If you craft one item for yourself having 0.1% success rate on max intensity is ok . With race bonus and Queen forge it will be3-5% or so. And even if you will waste lots of ingredients and gems you will finally make it.
But if do some noob jewelry or suits that difference and cost become huge .