• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did you know this about EJ accounts ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the content side yeah, I think we’re down to one staff member left who semi-actively writes new stuff. If anyone wants to help with that, please do, we beg you.

On the moderation side…eh…kinda? There are 2 of us left but there’s barely any moderation to do these days anyway.

The admin/technical/financial side is good with 3 people left.
I hate to say it, but coming above the middle ground yall been on for years is a near impossible task... it's like a plateau after weight loss surgery if you watch the shows. If you don't punch through it you're literally just going to go sideways. Which no disrespect to you, this site has been doing for a long time.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the content side yeah, I think we’re down to one staff member left who semi-actively writes new stuff. If anyone wants to help with that, please do, we beg you.
I know this sounds dumb, but plz define what u mean by new content exactly. I have more free time on my hands than anyone can dream, may have totaled my car so ya. Def not goin anywhere for a while and am subbed out til the end of 2024 with UO.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

On the moderation side…eh…kinda? There are 2 of us left but there’s barely any moderation to do these days anyway.

The admin/technical/financial side is good with 3 people.

A 6 person active staff is pretty tiny compared to the old days, but the demands are lower too, so it’s not that bad.
Well you got the current developer team beat probably better qualified too

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The admin/technical/financial side is good with 3 people.

A 6 person active staff is pretty tiny compared to the old days, but the demands are lower too, so it’s not that bad.
A few things to remeber.

1: the amount of content that is new I mean new is next to none. All of the new content is just slap a new Hue on an item and rename it.

2: The roleplay of the game is what made good content and why we needed news reports and write up from the event. Most of the old school player run events are dyeing out. So less news to report on.

3: The only events we have are EM events and they pretty much listen to EM open gate to one area boss spawns Bots kill boss before players can target becasue of target next keeps targeting summons. EM opens gate back people pancake they did not get item the end.

4: Back in the day there where 100s of posts a day on all things. Now its pretty much people selling same item over and over giveing there posts bumps for over for months. (Hey you the post has been bumped for over 6 months no one wants said item)

5: Alot smaller player base and it keeps geting smaller

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That is a crock of BS
No...it's not. Not sure why you'd think otherwise when you don't have access to the actual reports but here you go. We've only had 4 reports in the last two weeks. It used to be 6-10 per day. Merlin and I are the only active moderators (with Lestat as the moderation admin). Basara and Giggles log in regularly too so they would be around and have the ability to help if there was an emergency, but they haven't actually needed to moderate anything in years.

Untitled999.png
Untitled66.png

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know this sounds dumb, but plz define what u mean by new content exactly. I have more free time on my hands than anyone can dream, may have totaled my car so ya. Def not goin anywhere for a while and am subbed out til the end of 2024 with UO.
The traditional way was being a news reporter, going to all the player and official events on a shard, writing reports about them to inform and entertain people.

There are also things like updating the Stratics Wiki page, being an event coordinator and putting on events in-game for people, keeping the hunters guide and other strategy guides up to date, writing random fun roleplay stories etc.

Pretty much anything on the site that doesn't involve programming or moderating can be considered content. Entirely up to the person doing it. Larisa is the content manager so she might have specific projects she would want done also.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The traditional way was being a news reporter, going to all the player and official events on a shard, writing reports about them to inform and entertain people.

There are also things like updating the Stratics Wiki page, being an event coordinator and putting on events in-game for people, keeping the hunters guide and other strategy guides up to date, writing random fun roleplay stories etc.

Pretty much anything on the site that doesn't involve programming or moderating can be considered content. Entirely up to the person doing it. Larisa is the content manager so she might have specific projects she would want done also.
Some of that I could probably do. But some I never got into much like THB etc.

But I'll put it on the front burner and consider it for a bit.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No...it's not. Not sure why you'd think otherwise when you don't have access to the actual reports but here you go. We've only had 4 reports in the last two weeks. It used to be 6-10 per day. Merlin and I are the only active moderators (with Lestat as the moderation admin). Basara and Giggles log in regularly too so they would be around and have the ability to help if there was an emergency, but they haven't actually needed to moderate anything in years.

View attachment 126086
View attachment 126087
Clearly I've been negligent in my **** posting

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have been negligent in my reporting of trolls obviously...

But I was doing some reporting interviews... but it became hard to find anyone on some shards... and even harder to find people who cared and weren't rude on others.

And since there really isn't much for RP not much at all to report on... as well the EM Events I just plain quit going to... most of the story has gone from them... much of the fun has gone ... it is now just a massive lag fest filled with frustration and insults and rude behavior I would rather avoid. I gave up caring or trying to follow the story as it is pretty much EM talk talk talk... everyone ignores them and is rude... EM gates to here and there kill stuff... EM gates back to base or EM makes 1 or 2 gates to a monster(s)... people go bring in 200 alts... lag gets super intense as the multiboxers bot the event for the drop, scammers beg to buy said drop for 1/4 what they are going to sell it for on Atl ... and done. Half the time it's just some rehued renamed piece of junk... which without a proper story has no meaning... and is often an eyesore... and even worse sometimes misspelled... not working, or something similar... just don't bother anymore.

Beyond that the level of things broken, missing, destroyed, and lost just keeps growing... and now all the DEVs seem to care about is a shard no one gives a crap about, no one wanted and no one cares about. And they can't even figure out how to run an older contest anymore ... things are so totally corrupt and bugged and or half assed it is just sad.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

But I was doing some reporting interviews... but it became hard to find anyone on some shards... and even harder to find people who cared and weren't rude on others.

And since there really isn't much for RP not much at all to report on... as well the EM Events I just plain quit going to... most of the story has gone from them... much of the fun has gone ... it is now just a massive lag fest filled with frustration and insults and rude behavior I would rather avoid. I gave up caring or trying to follow the story as it is pretty much EM talk talk talk... everyone ignores them and is rude... EM gates to here and there kill stuff... EM gates back to base or EM makes 1 or 2 gates to a monster(s)... people go bring in 200 alts... lag gets super intense as the multiboxers bot the event for the drop, scammers beg to buy said drop for 1/4 what they are going to sell it for on Atl ... and done. Half the time it's just some rehued renamed piece of junk... which without a proper story has no meaning... and is often an eyesore... and even worse sometimes misspelled... not working, or something similar... just don't bother anymore.

Beyond that the level of things broken, missing, destroyed, and lost just keeps growing... and now all the DEVs seem to care about is a shard no one gives a crap about, no one wanted and no one cares about. And they can't even figure out how to run an older contest anymore ... things are so totally corrupt and bugged and or half assed it is just sad.
Ugh.. here we go again... How is it "scamming" if someone is trying to buy low and sell high on an EM drop?? Isn't that the blueprint of any successful business plan? Lol

I'm sure this will be something you report to break your streak of not reporting mean (ie true) things.... but I'll repeat the question people ask every single time you write up a multiple paragraph "doom and gloom" post about how much the game sucks.... if it's all so bad and so corrupt and not fun; what's the reason you still play again? Every other post is about how terrible the game is and how you "just don't bother" with just about everything yet you still obviously play (creating castles on TC as an example). Give it a break yeesh

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can write some stuff if anyone cares. I prefer to write about actual stuff I did in game, but I haven't been playing. I suppose I could write some more "abstract" fiction if anyone cares. I've been writing quests for a free shard lately but taking a couple hours to make some content for Stratics might be a nice change of pace.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You want more RP but complain about the EM talk talk talk?

That is the role play!

Ours starts with a story in the Castle where he introduces characters and locations. Then we spent an hour or two talking to those characters and getting taken to the next spot. The locations are decorated with items that fit the role play.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You want more RP but complain about the EM talk talk talk?

That is the role play!

Ours starts with a story in the Castle where he introduces characters and locations. Then we spent an hour or two talking to those characters and getting taken to the next spot. The locations are decorated with items that fit the role play.
There's good roleplay and bad rp
Yes there's a difference :lol: