• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did you know this about EJ accounts ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I’ve had one account in EJ status for quite a while. EJs are limited to 2 characters I believe because that’s all I had access to the entire time the acct was EJ . So tonight I re activated that account and low and behold the other 4 fully developed characters are gone . I still only have 2 slots . This was the last straw for me .

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I’ve had one account in EJ status for quite a while. EJs are limited to 2 characters I believe because that’s all I had access to the entire time the acct was EJ . So tonight I re activated that account and low and behold the other 4 fully developed characters are gone . I still only have 2 slots . This was the last straw for me .
I mean no disrespect but I call b******* because I had an EJ account with access to all 6 of my characters for a good looooong while before I reactivated 2ish yrs back.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chances are those characters were gone long before that account went into EJ mode.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should have had access to all pre-existing characters while your account was EJ. I know I did.

"Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription. Endless Journey accounts will have access to all pre-existing and newly created characters on all shards."

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have had access to all pre-existing characters while your account was EJ. I know I did.

"Ultima Online: Endless Journey is a way for players to experience the core features of Ultima Online without a paid subscription. Endless Journey accounts will have access to all pre-existing and newly created characters on all shards."

As much as I dislike this guy sometimes, I'm agreeing with him because he pretty much told you what I just did. Just without the link.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The characters should have stayed. EJ does not delete chars.

Operator error, we would have heard about others losing toons if this were happening.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
On the old ej accounts I have, I can use all 5 chars.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
if you create a new EJ account
you can only create 2 chars per shard
but if you add a 30 day time code
you can have a full roster

And if you let an account go EJ
then you have access to all of your chars
the only issue is the non-storage aspect

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just logged into an EJ acct that hasn't been activated in years., all chars on all shards are accessible and still there.

ej.JPG

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Once you delete a char , you can't build a new one if you have 2 or more on the account.

I deleted one of 6 to make a cute name. When I tried to create , it wouldn't let me.
SonofA !

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My ej has 6 guys, I must have upgraded before I shut it down. I can access every char on all shards just not the bank crap.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is it possible you have anther old ej account with those characters on it

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He will never know those characters are still in pixel land, sad and lonely.
Hows that, if he reactivated and they're gone. BS would more than likely have to pull an extremely old backup for restoration. I assume that hinders on the rep being in a good mood too.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although thinking about it, and I actually did this myself. Found it on Atlantic. But the dumbass could have easily transferred them off. Because I apparently did that with one guy before a four-year hiatus.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hows that, if he reactivated and they're gone. BS would more than likely have to pull an extremely old backup for restoration. I assume that hinders on the rep being in a good mood too.

Too many have verified that EJ does not delete toons.

He may have put a different account into EJ that just had 2 toons on that shard.

Could have been many other scenarios.

Dude is a hot head and reacted too quickly.

leloyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As much as I hate the truly asinine limitations of EJ, this isn't one of them. You can't create more than 2 characters on a EJ account if you for example, start fresh on a server - but you CAN keep and use all characters you've made while subscribing. Either you've been hacked and someone has deleted your characters in the past, you're misremembering what account you're actually logged into, or forgot that you yourself removed them long ago.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I recently allowed an account to go EJ and have access to all 6 characters on it. I also deleted a character slot (after it went EJ) and was extremely surprised to find that I could create a new toon in the empty slot. So no, as everyone else has already said: going EJ does NOT delete character slots.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I deleted a character on an EJ account, there were 5 characters on it and it wouldn't let me make a new one. @GarthGrey are you sure it's the right account? I know in some other games when you went from Premium to Free it would only display some of the characters, they were still there but no access. I'd be really annoyed if characters went poof as they are carrying a lot of stuff from my house. Saying that, the chances of me ever reactivating my accounts is pretty much zero, so it wouldn't matter that much anyway.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have many turned-off accounts and have been given many over the years when people left the game.
i have from time to time logged into them and all of the stuff have access to all their 5 - 6 and even some 7 toons per shard.
none have been deleted.
i also have NEW EJ accounts that I have made recently that have the cap of 2 on them.

there would be no reason for Broadsword to make a one-off choice to delete just one account yet leave every other account ever made alone.

end user error or some sort I think we can all agree.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody’s perfect

ahhh wait I forgot there are a couple gods here

hard to be perfect when your surrounded by Gods

I actually like his input on high seas / fishing

we all have bad days shouldn’t we support one another especially at this point in uo

its no wonder why it’s a steady decline when your fellow players are mostly insulting and rude

Wait for it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody’s perfect

ahhh wait I forgot there are a couple gods here

hard to be perfect when your surrounded by Gods

I actually like his input on high seas / fishing

we all have bad days shouldn’t we support one another especially at this point in uo

its no wonder why it’s a steady decline when your fellow players are mostly insulting and rude

Wait for it
We did help him learn that EJ does not delete your accounts.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New it

Thank you for all your community support and helping those in need in positive supportive way

no really I mean it tyvm. ;)

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait for it
See. Now your calling out the *#&$& here for sake of a reply. So who's really trying to start something LOL

Ya, theres asshats here and every other game. But how many times does someone need to be told they're wrong and heresy why, when regardless of how they're told... what they're being told is 100% accurate?!?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did he not start his own solo shard I thought he did

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See. Now your calling out the *#&$& here for sake of a reply. So who's really trying to start something LOL

Ya, theres asshats here and every other game. But how many times does someone need to be told they're wrong and heresy why, when regardless of how they're told... what they're being told is 100% accurate?!?
actually that’s not what I’m doing at all
im Trying to get Garth Grey to not quit

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell if I care, but ppl always too quick to jump. I mean yeah I'm not exactly a fan favorite of how this game is being handled. But even I still have common sense.
That's twice you've been insulting in your reply, how about you just keep your opinion to yourself ?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And as a follow up. The account in question had something happen to it. Every shard that had gift givers on it, now has 2 characters on it. No I wasn't hacked, no I didn't delete them. This wasn't a main account with years of hard work on it so I'm not as bothered as I was the day I made the post. No I'm not emailing Mesanna or anyone else, what's the point ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Closing argument; The sad truth of it is, if you really did care you would do something about it. So what exactly are you doing here besides acting out ?

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because let's be honest, you're never going to make a post or offer insight that I"m going to need or want to read.

View attachment 125150
Score 1 - 0 The Miner

GarthGrey flag on play for proving Miners point of GG here for attention and attention only.

Penalty; Me not giving a "poopie" if you block me or kiss my ring.

Edited for Naitch lmao

Last edited:

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you new here ?
Pretty sure you have to go to " unleashed" to say those bad words. :rolleyes:
Oh plz... any one afraid of a 12 yr old reading through symbols like &@$&/ should focus more on their neighborhoods and schools than a forum that uses ppl erasing years of data and having defunct boards still up which barely work. Treasure hunters of Britannia section comes to mind.

Heck, stratics is more understaffed than Taco Bell right now, has been for years.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heck, stratics is more understaffed than Taco Bell right now, has been for years.
On the content side yeah, I think we’re down to one staff member left who semi-actively writes new stuff. If anyone wants to help with that, please do, we beg you.

On the moderation side…eh…kinda? There are 2 of us left but there’s barely any moderation to do these days anyway.

The admin/technical/financial side is good with 3 people.

A 6 person active staff is pretty tiny compared to the old days, but the demands are lower too, so it’s not that bad.