• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did I miss this year's Valentine's gift?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we best get ready for the same for easter.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
we best get ready for the same for easter.
I think it's ironic that more people get bent out of shape not getting something new for <insert holiday> but seem to be fine with very little new content in the game. It's nothing new this time of year but it's effectively been 2 months with zero new content (not even dynamic events) and if we go another month without the Spring event that's effectively 25% of the year without content (keeping in mind we would only be 25% of the way into the year at that point).

If the Dev's were smart they'd throw a previously used clicky out to give the pixel fiends their fix which should be extremely low effort to keep them quiet.

Dimax

Adventurer
Professional
Supporter
Saul Goodman says: happy belated valentines
Mesanna says: thank you
Saul Goodman says: why did nobody get a gift this valentines?
Mesanna says: The EM's gave out gifts
Saul Goodman says: No clicky? so had to be there?
Mesanna says: yes sir
Saul Goodman says: hard for ppl in a diff time zone
Mesanna says: This year our hands were tied with trying to move forward with NLS
Mesanna says: And I know the EM's give alot of love during these seasons

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mesanna says: This year our hands were tied with trying to move forward with NLS
I wouldn't be surprised to see this quite a bit for the next year or two (even after NL is released)... hell it's kind of been their tag line for the past 4 years which is why we've only seen the same cookie cutter events every year.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think it's ironic that more people get bent out of shape not getting something new for <insert holiday> but seem to be fine with very little new content in the game. It's nothing new this time of year but it's effectively been 2 months with zero new content (not even dynamic events) and if we go another month without the Spring event that's effectively 25% of the year without content (keeping in mind we would only be 25% of the way into the year at that point).

If the Dev's were smart they'd throw a previously used clicky out to give the pixel fiends their fix which should be extremely low effort to keep them quiet.
this is the way it has always been. they have always put a new publish on TC around the beginning of the year. Those who test, will get on there. Not all of Pub 117 is currently available to test yet. I'm sure they are giving the pvpers plenty of time to test out the changes (this doesn't concern me, so it's not something that i will test)

I was hoping that there would have been a gift for Valentine's day but figured they were too busy with New Legacy. They did say that they wouldn't neglect production shards for NL, which they have now broken. When i saw the town cryer, i asumed that meant we were going to get something because the CM should be in the know. But it looks like they listened to the few, who said that they could care less about gifts.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Squirrel!

squirrel.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this is the way it has always been. they have always put a new publish on TC around the beginning of the year. Those who test, will get on there. Not all of Pub 117 is currently available to test yet. I'm sure they are giving the pvpers plenty of time to test out the changes (this doesn't concern me, so it's not something that i will test)
I'm like you in that I do not care about PvP (until the action/remove scripting) so I won't test those changes. That said, I disagree that it's something that has always been the case of having something on TC1 this time of year... a new publish on TC1 at the beginning of the year is actually pretty atypical; specifically the last few years with the spring events (as they were the first "new" content the past 2 years and neither made it on TC1). I've been asking for years to have something to do the first 3 months of the year and I'm left with wasting money every year (I actually stopped all but 1 subs this year though so saving myself the $$ this time around).

I was hoping that there would have been a gift for Valentine's day but figured they were too busy with New Legacy. They did say that they wouldn't neglect production shards for NL, which they have now broken. When i saw the town cryer, i asumed that meant we were going to get something because the CM should be in the know. But it looks like they listened to the few, who said that they could care less about gifts.
I'd argue productions shards have been neglected for NL for a while now; it's just some people probably didn't notice until they didn't get that holiday gift whereas I've noticed the lack of bug fixes & the same cookie cutter content over and over again every year as a telling sign of Prod neglect. Personally, I think they could have created a clicky and reused a previous reward (change the year to 2024) because it's essentially what they've done with the dynamic content the last 4 years (reuse something from a prior event / reskinn or rename) but yea I'm sure there just wasn't enough time with Mesanna doing all that coding on NL instead of placing a clicky for people (something we all know she can do).