• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Did anyone else's Faction robe turn to a death robe?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Subject line says it all.

Inexplicably, Galen's Faction Robe has turned to a death robe.

Looks like he can still do all the things, so for the moment seems only his robe is impacted.

This happen to anyone else this evening?

lol

Happened to at least one member of my guild.....Anyone else out there?

-Galen's player

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction items only last 3 weeks, then they lose their special faction status. A new robe could be crafted if you own a town but that is broken at the moment.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't the robes they grant you always maintain their faction item status?

I thought it was just crafted robes that reverted unless this was changed at some point.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't the robes they grant you always maintain their faction item status?

I thought it was just crafted robes that reverted unless this was changed at some point.
That's what I thought too.

The last time I was in Factions, some years ago, my Faction Robe lasted for months at least, before I got sick of it and tossed it out one day, in an act I instantly regretted.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a SL robe in a box on pac thats been there since i quit last time. Prior to quitting i wore it as the SL commanding lord for months and months on end.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The robe you get when joining loses its "faction item" status after about three weeks. Want another one? Quit and join again in three days. Or hang out at the sign-up stone. A lot of people just discard theirs when they join.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly, that is where the old "a robe" came from. When the factions robes turned normal, they use to have that title quite some time ago. I could be wrong on this since it was sooooo very long ago, but that is what I remember as the origin of the "a robe" rare.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

S

SilentFoxXy

If I remember correctly, that is where the old "a robe" came from. When the factions robes turned normal, they use to have that title quite some time ago. I could be wrong on this since it was sooooo very long ago, but that is what I remember as the origin of the "a robe" rare.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic
Ahhh dash it, Ive thrown away a few thinking they were just death robes.....drat , mumble mumble.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The robe you get when joining loses its "faction item" status after about three weeks. Want another one? Quit and join again in three days. Or hang out at the sign-up stone. A lot of people just discard theirs when they join.
So last time I was in Factions years ago and this didn't happen....Either I was very lucky, or I am remembering it incorrectly?

-Galen's player

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe both... you could have had a bugged one.. all faction items are supposed to lose that status after 3 weeks, just like everyone said, and have for as long as factions have been in the game. If that didn't happen for some reason I wouldn't be suprised tho.. as long as factions have gone unattended for it's really no suprise.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe both... you could have had a bugged one.. all faction items are supposed to lose that status after 3 weeks, just like everyone said, and have for as long as factions have been in the game. If that didn't happen for some reason I wouldn't be suprised tho.. as long as factions have gone unattended for it's really no suprise.
*sighs*

Oh well. I was just starting to like my Faction robe.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

-Galen's player

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not like the robe gives any special feature other than a special color. That being said, I lost my robe the first day I had it...it didn't stay in my pack after death.

*shrugs*

Oh well, just another reason for some people not to play factions. I really wish the devs would fix the system...la