• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*dials up Skylark to place Gingerbread Cookie order*

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the most famous chef, I would like to order some gingerbread cookies please (farmers sell ginger now!)....maybe a couple dozen? Let me know price. Thanks.

G

I have an awesome RL gingerbread recipe (nice and moist, and tender with a good molasses-ginger taste - I'll see if I can dig it up)...but alas all my cookies in game look well...cookie cutterish.

Gingerbread man cookies in game on a pan would be a great holiday deco item!

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Tea can cook too if they are too much work for you.

G

Ha! I did not know that cookies, and a gingerbread man recipe was one of the holiday gifts! If we get those for real, I surely will be baking them.

-Skylark

E

Exzordor_TnT

<blockquote><hr>

Ha! I did not know that cookies, and a gingerbread man recipe was one of the holiday gifts! If we get those for real, I surely will be baking them.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

Its real log on to Test Shard.

Theres a recipe scrolls, a house deed, green and red candy canes, etc...

G

That is what I meant - after I saw Spree's other post about Test Center.

Now...I wonder where one obtains fresh ginger to make the cookies?

*edit* ah I see - from NPC baker!

-Skylark

G

OK, so far I've seen these gingerbread man messages:

You feel like you could eat as much as you want!

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!

Please don't eat me! *whimper*

No, no I'm really made of poison! Really!

Please. No! I have ginger-kids!

Noooo!

Not the face!

Ahhhhhhh! My foot's gone!

-Skylark

G

Muahahahaha! I shall assemble my army of gingerbread men on the top of my castle, and equip them with artifacts...and no one can stop me!

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Who wants these second rate cookies.
Feyre's all natural Gingerbread Men are where its at, you don't even need to buy them, they just happen to appear next to you when your REALLY craving cookies.

Did I mention they are low carbs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who uses the words "low carbs" in conjunction with describing "cookies" is worthy of death.

-Skylark

F

Feyre

I just said "they" are low carbs, i never said the cookies were ^^
Way to know how to promote yer products ^^

G

<blockquote><hr>

as for a r/l recipe.....do tell!

[/ QUOTE ]

Found it!

Gingerbread cookies

3 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1-1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup light molasses (I used Grandma brand)
1/2 cup melted butter (you can use margarine if you MUST...I used butter)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten

Mix all dry ingredients EXCEPT sugar, in a large bowl
Combine molasses, melted butter, &amp; sugar in another, smaller bowl (not the egg!)

Add the wet mixture in portions to the dry, stirring until thoroughly blended (dough will be stiff &amp; crumbly at this stage)

Slowly add the beaten egg, stirring to form a smooth dough

Divide dough in half, place each half between wax paper sheets and flatten; refrigerate dough at least 30 min. and up to 24 hours.

When ready to bake, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch. Cut out shapes with cookie cutter. (Note: when you collect the scraps to roll out again, try to work the dough as little as possible - the more you work the dough, the tougher the baked cookies will be).

Bake 8 - 10 min. at 350 degrees F, on a lightly greased regular cookie sheet. (My oven is old, and heats rather unevenly, so I put a shallow pan with some water on the bottom rack while I baked the cookies, which helped them cook more evenly and avoided hot spots/overdone edges - you can also spread a sheet of aluminum foil over the bottom rack before you preheat the oven, if you have the same type of problem.)

I made plain gingerbread rounds, but you can ice the baked cookies using a mixture of 1-1/4 cups confectioner's sugar and 1/4 cup cold milk, and decorate them with fruit bits.

-Skylark

imported_Falon of Eldor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just in time too.....I ate all the ones you put on the vendor.........Please make us some more....they are so tasty I couldnt even part with one to place on Ibichi's door! (edit: got hungry running around trying to affect Zento animals!)

edit: re-read the recipe, thank you....it looks pretty easy and ty for the tips which are very appreciated!

G

Made a couple of small corrections in the procedure...such as mix all dry ingredients EXCEPT the sugar, which is usually dry.

-Skylark