• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

dexxer killer

B

bordegan

Pretty much sums it up. I have a wrestle mage thats 120 wrestle 50 DCI total on the suit and bush dexxers mess me up big time. Should I switch out inscription for parry or something?

I

imported_GFY

I have a stratagy that works fairly well for me. The dexxers in my guild don't like to fight me too often.

What you need to do to dexxers is drop their swing speed to make them more managable. You didn't mention necro so I'll assume you don't have it.

Start them off with a curse and a couple of mind blasts, this drops their stamina and the curse drops their resist to 60's. Then if they get up close, mind blast/harm is a very good combo because harm does more damage in close. Try your disarm macro between combos and heals, if it goes off drop a bomb on them. Then come back with poison to mess up their healing. It's also a good idea to try a mana drain. Lots of dexxers don't have resist any more.

If a dexxer is giving you a really hard time with intrupting try protection on so you get your spells off.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have anything else that gives you an SDI bonus, then I would stone inscription when you are going to PvP as the SDI cap is pretty low in PvP and throw in Parry for the extra defense. You might also test their Magic Resist and see if you can Para them...if so, problem solved easily. Other than that I would stick to quick spells and patience - work on disarming them and keeping yourself healed, once disarmed unload on them.

E

eolsunder1

yea alot of them are dropping resist for those fast skills, all that bushido/necro etc is taking up space.

Throw a curse /paralyze on them, see how they react to it. Fall back and if it does well, you know they have no resist so you can have fun with it. Drain their mana, mindblast them to keep their stamina down.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they shouldn't be killing you if you have 50 dci and 120 wrestle.... Get into the habit of after every spell hitting your disarm macro if you don't know when to try and do it and your not fast enough to heal yourself....

I rarely use Mindblast spell... and i was unaware it had any more effect on stamina than other spells.... i believe it used to have some different effects... but now im pretty sure its just cold damage..... what the bush dexxers are doing is making sure they have high HLD.. their lightning strike increase their HCI and causes a bit more damage... If they are bush/parry dexxers they'll use evasion too.... and thank god its not as effective as it used to be..... most likely if they have bush and parry they either don't have resist or a very limited amount of med... and because of the low med the MR on their suit would be almost useless.... if they seem not to be running out of mana then they don't have resist.... mana vamp em then try chain para explosion... they might have a box and pots.... if they are basically using everything they can then there is no simple way to kill them.... you just gotta judge what you gotta do and when.... forget about harm mb combos... even if the mb does effect the stamina the dexxer will either divine fury or chug a refresh pot... (i use both and i carry like 100 refresh pots on my dexxy)... You gotta hit big on dexxers try explosion fireball then immediately running directly into them with a para punch up if the para punch hits explosion fs arrow.... if all else fails jump into pro for a second summon that deamon jump back out of pro and wtfpwn him.

G

Inscription, adds to the pvp SDI cap

otherwise no one would use it...

G

Also...
the paralize stuff is bad info.

Ya, now and then you'll catch a guy who just diedn and doesnt have a trapped box.

But trapped box owns paralize.... save your mana.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

just manage your health and hit him with little spells and poisons, and if he has chiv or a casting spell and goes to cast something, go with your explosion and hold it and gain some space, drop it, and cast whatever. The point is to not let your health drop below 60% or so until you know that you will be able to finish them if they stay on the screen. The trick here is to let them get you close to death so they will get greedy for the kill, then you finish them. It might take 10+ tries to pull it off, but it will eventually work whenever they have a missing streak.

N

Nadirian_Wrath

Mind Blast doesn't drop their stamina more than any other dmg spell