• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs, this is Ridiculous

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After playin for 7+ years, I usually can find something to do and enjoy it in game. But today was beyond ridiulous.

I decided to try to get Shimmer Keys. Took me 20 mins alone to get 5 keys minus the Vortex key. Go to try for Vortex key. 70k in gold later off Vortex's alone, still no key (5 broken sets). Vortex's average 600gp each, so that is at least 100+ that I killed. I gave up.

Anybody on Sonoma need a lil gold, 70k sitting down there waiting for you. Also have 5 remaining keys you can have if you want to try for the Vortex key.

I

imported_Lariat

Yeah, the issue with these keys is pretty ridiculous. It's been around forever, and all we've gotten from the devs is "Yeah, we know." Hopefully the winds of change that have been blowing lately will create a draft in the Prism.

G

Yep, the chance to get a Disintegrating Thesis Note from the Bedlam spawn is horrible too, plus they have an incredibly short timer. By the time you get a 3rd Disintegrating Thesis Note, the first one you got goes poof.

I highly doubt anyone's gonna go down there and collect the Gold. With BoS Nerfed, only way to collect it is to have a Giant Beetle carry it while your riding it, they can carry 80k Gold.

G

Yeah. They really need to increase the drop rate on those and the bedlam keys. You shouldn't have to kill more than 10 or so critters to get one.

L

LAH Architect

Bedlam keys are ok, the OP's complaint is about Vortex keys in Prism. Those keys do spawn often but they can spawn broken , i.e. stuck in monsters' corpse and can't be picked up. It appears that he had 5 keys stuck out of 100 or so kills. Would be great if this bug can be fixed.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how the Devs are starting to read the forums now. Previously when anyone had any ideas that could improve the game it was just ignored.

As an ex-Peerless junkie
1. With the Crystal Vortex bug, at least just increase the drop rate to 50% [1 in 2], then even if you get a couple of bugged broken crystals it will only be at most 10 mins before you get a working one, instead of 1-2 hrs.
2. Bedlam keys should drop faster, or have a 2 hr timeout. Grizzle takes ages anyway so its not like there is a massive queue to do it.
3. All other keys should drop a bit more regularly. Again, its not like there are massive queues to do the peerless. All the peerless ingredients are junk now, and the chance of getting something valuable is lower compared to Doom or Champ Spawns.

All these fixes are one line changes to code.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*laughs*

Can I see your copy of the UO sourcecode to confirm this?

The vortex keys definately need some looking into. I usually get lucky in getting them myself. Bedlam keys are either spot on or totally crap. They definately need a longer life span or the timer needs to be frozen when they are marked as a quest item.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My hat's off to all of you guys/gals that are still doing Peerless. I've been 1, one, uno,time, to Mel. I have yet to do any other, or even see the inside of their lairs. I don't know how you guys do solo key gathering or anything. I get my ass handed to me with every template I use.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

<blockquote><hr>

Yep, the chance to get a Disintegrating Thesis Note from the Bedlam spawn is horrible too, plus they have an incredibly short timer. By the time you get a 3rd Disintegrating Thesis Note, the first one you got goes poof.

I highly doubt anyone's gonna go down there and collect the Gold. With BoS Nerfed, only way to collect it is to have a Giant Beetle carry it while your riding it, they can carry 80k Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Thesis notes can be rough, but it's nowhere near in the same league as the Effusion keys can be.

Earlier tonight, we did the entire Bedlam Peerless experience, keys to finishing the Grizzle, in a little over an hour. (Granted, that excludes my 25 minutes or so attempting to solo my way to the Notes!!!)

The Effusion is....A REALLY different trip.

-Galen's player

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
*laughs*

Can I see your copy of the UO sourcecode to confirm this?

The vortex keys definately need some looking into. I usually get lucky in getting them myself. Bedlam keys are either spot on or totally crap. They definately need a longer life span or the timer needs to be frozen when they are marked as a quest item.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't need to see a line of code, if the coding was done somewhat intelligently which I would hope it was, then the odds according to the RNG would bet determined by some type of Random Utility. Altering this would be as simple as assigning a wider "hit" range for the result to drop a key. So instead of a result between 1-3 meaning it drops a key the range would be like 1-8 out of a 100 point range.

I

imported_Sarphus

I agree that ele key is a PAIN. I think it can be fixed without ANY code... I think it's a database fix

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

My hat's off to all of you guys/gals that are still doing Peerless. I've been 1, one, uno,time, to Mel. I have yet to do any other, or even see the inside of their lairs. I don't know how you guys do solo key gathering or anything. I get my ass handed to me with every template I use.

[/ QUOTE ]

you just need to learn how to play solo.