• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Devs Ruining Game...

Lord Lucifer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else finding the new changes in pvp and now the new 5.4 patch my hunter has been put on the shelf due to the changes..whatcha all think...

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My hunter is a low level so I haven't gotten into pvp with him. How has the hunter class been nerfed?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not finding much change to my pally... although I'm still just training mah pets until I get some friends back into Azeroth.

Littlepie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You say your hunters been put in the shelf; yet I've found them to be rampant all over the BGs and arena.

Considering they are also one of the most played classes (12% of all lvl 90 characters are hunters).

Metro

WoW Staff Writer | WoW Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Luckily with MoP essentially all dps specs are viable, at least in PvE. I can't speak for PvP, but it seems a lot of hunters are finding success there as well. Its not surprising to see nerfs at the start of a major content patch and think your class will suffer, but typically they are made because of scaling and upcoming gear selection, not to actually hamper the class as was.

Great example, Syiler's US Shaman received incredible percentage nerfs to his main abilities and he was ready to level a weapon Warrior to DPS for our guild assuming it would be so crippling the spec would be useless. Now he is the top single target damage on any fight with standstill opportunity!
If you enjoy the game, and the class you are playing, you shouldn't let a nerf or change deter you. Good players can always make any spec outstanding.

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hunter has turned out to be a top end spec in 5.4 in both PvE and PvP. I really didn't take into consideration how much gear scaling hits classes. During the 5.4 PTR when I was still in ToT gear they nerfed a lot of Enhances abilities and left it feeling very weak but once I got a hold of a few pieces of SoO gear I was crushing single target fights.

So a lesson to us all! Until you are in BiS gear for that tier with everyone else thats when you know if a class will be truly "weak" or not.